5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cven3414

Reaction score
I ordered mine at the end of July but didn't get it until the day before Thanksgiving that's why such a big discount.

MSRP - 50k plus change
Paid - 38k plus change

dracktw

Reaction score
im going to try for 20 + % off OTD in CA. I know how to walk when the dealer says no .
Very much possible
I went to gilroy ca, drive 1.5 they were the only place with big dealer discount and the regular rebates

Big horn 4x4 led package, black appearance, ram box, cover, 33 gallons, alpine.
Sticker 55K
I got a total of 14k discount
Got my big Horn for 41K

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very much possible
I went to gilroy ca, drive 1.5 they were the only place with big dealer discount and the regular rebates

Sticker 55K
Got my big Horn for 41K
woodland has laramies for 15k off

Atretes1

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a Laramie Sport to an MSRP of 62,770 with an invoice of 57, 727. Local dealer offered invoice plus applicable rebates at delivery. I have 3 local dealers not sure how far out I want to look. I'm in Kansas if anyone has any suggestions.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a Laramie Sport to an MSRP of 62,770 with an invoice of 57, 727. Local dealer offered invoice plus applicable rebates at delivery. I have 3 local dealers not sure how far out I want to look. I'm in Kansas if anyone has any suggestions.
Get a quote from Koons, use that against your dealers? Mine matched it.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Deal structure on new purchases can vary by the day, where you are, what's in stock, who you're dealing with, position of Venus relative to one of Saturn's moons. Okay, maybe not the planets ... But it can feel that way.

I've had a dealer license, and have bought and sold countless vehicles over the years. Stick to your guns, walk out and/or ask for someone else if you aren't getting what you need. I hate surprises towards the end of a deal.

The truck I bought last week was MSRP of $48,800. I ended up paying $36,600 after discounts and rebates. I was pleased with that. There's no reason to take a bad deal. Good sellers can smell desperation or over-eagerness.

Pitcom

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer and my truck is due in the next days. I only qualify for $1500 in rebates. The $1000 conquest and $500 chrysler cash. Im trying to decide if it would be worth my while to wait to purchase the truck until April 2nd, when the new rebates come out. Anyone have an opinion? My salesman said he does not think there will be any new rebates on the limiteds.

phenegar

Reaction score
Ordered a 4 x 4 2019 Laramie 5' 7" bed , 5.7 Hemi non-E Toque, yesterday. Also got them to include local spray in bed liner.
This forum was very helpful. Many thanks to all for posting.

MSRP including destination fee was $60,025
Price was $49,257 + Tax, Title and Tags.
Berglund Chrysler, Dodge, Ram Roanoke, Va

Rambro23

Reaction score
Very much possible

Sticker 55K
Got my big Horn for 41K

Helluva a deal! Did they stick you on a trade in? I only got $12k off mine. Still happy though :)

Rambro23

Reaction score
Ordered a 4 x 4 2019 Laramie 5' 7" bed , 5.7 Hemi non-E Toque, yesterday. Also got them to include local spray in bed liner.
This forum was very helpful. Many thanks to all for posting.

MSRP including destination fee was $60,025
Price was $49,257 + Tax, Title and Tags.
Berglund Chrysler, Dodge, Ram Roanoke, Va
Similar to my deal.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer and my truck is due in the next days. I only qualify for $1500 in rebates. The $1000 conquest and $500 chrysler cash. Im trying to decide if it would be worth my while to wait to purchase the truck until April 2nd, when the new rebates come out. Anyone have an opinion? My salesman said he does not think there will be any new rebates on the limiteds.
February Ram sales were up 20% over previous year. They don't need to discount further and the limited's have the smallest incentives. It's a roll of the dice.

C.AdamsMo.RAM

Reaction score
2019 ram big horn 1500 sport level 2 white, 22" wheels, Led lights all around, panoramic roof, sliding rear window, running boards, 6 speaker stock stereo, cloth seats, etc..
msrp $52,995
Rebates and add extended warranty 6years on EVERYTHING zurich shield (ceramic coat on exterior and interior protection, any stains, blood, paint, stitching, breakdown of seat cushions... etc. Cant fix, replace for free!)
Total on loan after negotiations = $44,000
Selling old truck and dart ralley 1.4t for no less than $12,000 total for a loan of $32,000 with a payment of $545/month

dzal

Reaction score
So I have been looking at the 2019 Ram Classic Lone Star Edition. Currently in my area they are advertising, with rebates, for as low as 27,995 on an MSRP of 42,970. I haven't bought a new car in over 10 years and just started looking. How is this in terms of price overall? Should I hold off and wait till 4th of July or bite the bullet and jump now. Mind you I haven't even gone into the dealer yet, just starting on my truck buying journey.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cbr954

Reaction score
Here is my opinion which might not be worth much since I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

If Jeep dealers are selling new JL Wranglers at 6% - 8% BELOW invoice, I should expect at least that much off a new RAM and I would actually expect a better deal. Even on a custom order.

Wickedsaint

Reaction score
Just got a price of $49.396 for this. Going to close deal on Friday.

5.7-Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
50 State Emissions
8-Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission
Black / Red Interior Colors
Blind-Spot with Cross-Path Detection
Customer Preferred Package 25W
Level 2 Equipment Group
Luxury Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Maximum Steel Met. Clear-Coat
Panoramic Sunroof
Rebel 12

rastarr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the valuable info in this post! It really helped me get a feel for where the numbers should be. In comparing dealers' internet prices vs MSRP, I noticed several trims discounted 18%-21%. Not so with the Rebels though, which was usually around 13% off MSRP.
Anyway, I just ordered my Rebel 12A, and I think I did alright with the deal.
MSRP: $66,891 (with tax/tags/etc.)
OTD: $56,696 (with tax/tags/etc.)
Rebel 12A, level 2 Crew Cab 5'7" box
V6 (I have no need for the HEMI, so it was a waste for me)
2 tone Billet silver, Tonneau cover, 4 corner Air Susp, Engine block heater, 33 gallon, Pano Sunroof, Ramboxes, Bed Utility, Bed liner, Trailer brake cont, & bed step.

Now the wait begins........

Wheeler

Reaction score
I know it is not Apple to Apple got mine Laramie for 42000.00 plus Tax and Title.
To me seems like pretty good deal for limited

Wheeler

Reaction score
If you are shopping around Sacramento check out elkgrove dodge too. I bought cars from gilroy woodland and elkgrove trust me they are no better than each other. Only matter who gave you better price when you are ready to pull the trigger... Haven't seen better price on Laramie yet.

Rambro23

Reaction score
I know it is not Apple to Apple got mine Laramie for 42000.00 plus Tax and Title.
To me seems like pretty good deal for limited
$42k for a Laramie is great! Mind me asking what the MSRP was?

Users who are viewing this thread