5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I found that University Dodge is full of shady people who don’t know anything about the vehicles. Arrigo is ok but they don’t make skinny deals. I actually brought them my deal and put it up against a Rebel they had and told them if the deals were similar discounts (not total price because I know the incentives are different etc) I would choose. They said they wouldn’t ever make a deal like what Miami Lakes Automall would and called me a liar.

Haha, gotta love a dealer that calls facts lies. I had a dealer when I was in the market for a 2011 F-150 who low-balled my trade-in by $3,500. They told me to go to CarMax and get an appraisal, and they'd match it. I did, and CarMax gave me a printout for the exact amount I told the Ford dealer my car was worth. I called the Ford dealer back, CarMax in hand, and they said they'd meet me halfway. I said NOPE, not after wasting 3 more hours of my time. I found a truck at another dealer and bought it, and 3 weeks later got a call from the original Ford dealer's sales manager. She said we were only a few hundred bucks apart, can we work it out? I said we were closer to $4k... she called me a liar, and I said to tell it to the truck already parked in my driveway, and hung up on her.

-John

jcraigcx

Reaction score
Any thoughts on holding out for better incentives in April? I'm in Dallas area and only qualify for conquest cash and retail cash. Dealers aren't moving much on Limited pricing. Best I'm seeing is 13.7% dealer discount - after rebate/incentives its 16.7%.

Shopping for: Limited, Ivory, Indigo, Body Color Bumper, L1, 3.92, Anti, Pano - other options are all negotiable.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Any thoughts on holding out for better incentives in April? I'm in Dallas area and only qualify for conquest cash and retail cash. Dealers aren't moving much on Limited pricing. Best I'm seeing is 13.7% dealer discount - after rebate/incentives its 16.7%.

Shopping for: Limited, Ivory, Indigo, Body Color Bumper, L1, 3.92, Anti, Pano - other options are all negotiable.
From what I’ve seen on limiteds that’s pretty good...

Pitcom

Reaction score
Just inked mine

2019 Limited 4x4
$68,950 MSRP
$62,274 negotiated price
$3,250 dealer incentives
$59,024 after negotiations and incentives
Total of $9,926 under MSRP
My deal was very similar, my MSRP WAS 69,135, after rebates was 59,135. I priced at 7 places and that was the best I could get. They also gave me 500 more for trade in compared to my other offers. Im hoping to use the USAA rebate to get an extra 1k off.

SouthFL

Reaction score
I found that University Dodge is full of shady people who don’t know anything about the vehicles. Arrigo is ok but they don’t make skinny deals. I actually brought them my deal and put it up against a Rebel they had and told them if the deals were similar discounts (not total price because I know the incentives are different etc) I would choose. They said they wouldn’t ever make a deal like what Miami Lakes Automall would and called me a liar.

Lol. University Dodge has had about 7 different people contact me in the past few weeks. They all try different tactics. One of the "sales managers" does this bipolar thing where he is real nice then gets meaner and meaner as the call goes on. He did the same thing in person. He deserves an oscar. Assuming they give out oscars for canned car dealership drama.

I basically paid MSRP for my Tesla Model 3, but ordering a car online is underappreciated. With the Tesla I knew there wasn't a cheaper way to get the car. Getting screwed is built into the price and I was happy to pay MSRP knowing that. The dealership model is obnoxious. If there was an electric pickup available now I wouldn't be here discussing truck buying tactics because this sucks.

University Dodge does have a lot of the black appearance Laramies, but I don't see many at Miami lakes automall. Otherwise I'd be driving down there.

Last edited:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EXTENDED WARRANTY through Insurance Carrier - Geico. 7 years/100,000 miles for $210! Too good to be true??

I am getting my insurance binder for the new arrival and Geico mentioned to me that I can purchase an Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty through them of 7 years / 100,000 miles for $30 per year for either the 7 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). I only drive about 8,000 miles a year, so going to definitely be the 7 years. So that's $210 for 7 years (really +2 years after FCA warranty). Does this sound too good to be true?? I saw people posting about buying extended warranties through FCA from a few dealers and they were $1,000 to $2,000+.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
How good is the coverage? FCA parts, dealers accept it?
Sounds way too good to be true, but is is Geico so they are reputable, and she said it is bumper to bumper. What's the deal?

Last edited:

alangsam

Reaction score
EXTENDED WARRANTY through Insurance Carrier - Geico. 7 years/100,000 miles for $210! Too good to be true??

I am getting my insurance binder for the new arrival and Geico mentioned to me that I can purchase an Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty through them of 7 years / 100,000 miles for $30 per year for either the 7 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). I only drive about 8,000 miles a year, so going to definitely be the 7 years. So that's $210 for 7 years (really +2 years after FCA warranty). Does this sound too good to be true?? I saw people posting about buying extended warranties through FCA from a few dealers and they were $1,000 to $2,000+.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
How good is the coverage? FCA parts, dealers accept it?
Sounds way too good to be true, but is is Geico so they are reputable, and she said it is bumper to bumper. What's the deal?

I suspect it’s 30 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I Triple checked! Online and asked the Geico Rep. It shows it on my insurance policy. The actual cost is $15 per 6 months ($30/year)!

Coverage Summary.png

racer3207

Reaction score
Anybody purchased a vehicle in the Great Lakes BC in the last few days? Ram's website is showing "Great Lakes 2019 Bonus Cash GLCKA" for $1750, but the dealer was unable to find it anywhere. The rest of the incentives match up. I've got them looking into it to see if they can figure out why it's not showing up, but my truck should be in Monday or Tuesday, so I want to try to get it straightened out as quick as I can.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody purchased a vehicle in the Great Lakes BC in the last few days? Ram's website is showing "Great Lakes 2019 Bonus Cash GLCKA" for $1750, but the dealer was unable to find it anywhere. The rest of the incentives match up. I've got them looking into it to see if they can figure out why it's not showing up, but my truck should be in Monday or Tuesday, so I want to try to get it straightened out as quick as I can.
Interesting... makes me wonder if the truck I bought last night had this rebate applied. Pretty sure it did considering the discount I got, but the paperwork never broke down all the rebates and discounts. Was not eligible for any financing rebates since I didn't finance.

Limited in Great Lakes area.
MSRP: $70,000
Final price with EP number, rebates, etc.: $57,195
But... add lovely dealer ******** that they refused to move on: $399 for 3rd brake light flasher, $635 doc fee. They also offered $2000 (3%) lower on trade than another dealer, but I got the specifically optioned truck I wanted, so...

jcraigcx

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen on limiteds that’s pretty good...
Got a little bit more off.

MSRP: $68440
Final: $56250 (17.8%)
OTD: $59759 (12.7%)

Its easily the best off in town (and within a few hundred miles) but nowhere near what I've seen on here.

SouthFL

Reaction score
Got a little bit more off.

MSRP: $68440
Final: $56250 (17.8%)
OTD: $59759 (12.7%)

Its easily the best off in town (and within a few hundred miles) but nowhere near what I've seen on here.
You are very close to 18%, which seems to be a good price for a Limited based on all of the posts I have read on this forum. Someone who qualifies for every rebate possible may get to 20% off MSRP, but 17.8% is good. I am barely at 18% for a Laramie down here in FL, so consider yourself lucky!

jcraigcx

Reaction score
You are very close to 18%, which seems to be a good price for a Limited based on all of the posts I have read on this forum. Someone who qualifies for every rebate possible may get to 20% off MSRP, but 17.8% is good. I am barely at 18% for a Laramie down here in FL, so consider yourself lucky!
Thanks for the perspective. I thought I had read people were shooting for 18% OTD and I'm only 12.7% after TTL. I feel alot better now.

Saints

Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective. I thought I had read people were shooting for 18% OTD and I'm only 12.7% after TTL. I feel alot better now.
People that get 20% off OTD are one in a million. You are getting a good deal.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
People that get 20% off OTD are one in a million. You are getting a good deal.
No way for us in CA to ever get close to 20% out the door price. Sales taxes and license fees are simply outrages out here. It is a dang crime, highway robbery, but that's my state for you. Majority in CA voted to keep the gas taxes in place last voting period instead of lowering gas prices....don't get me started.

pinkerton

Reaction score
No way for us in CA to ever get close to 20% out the door price. Sales taxes and license fees are simply outrages out here. It is a dang crime, highway robbery, but that's my state for you. Majority in CA voted to keep the gas taxes in place last voting period instead of lowering gas prices....don't get me started.
At least you get to live in CA. I live in New Jersey

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score

Not to mention that CA doesn't give you sales tax credit on your trade-in. That can make a huge difference on the OTD price comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread