5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Well, my deal is done! I brought the truck home last night before all of the snow and salty road hit.

Msrp 54,545
discounts 5,795
less rebates 4000
44,750 + tax & title and doc fee

It's covered in snow now, I'll take some pictures later.
Congrats that is pretty

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Lurker here, been eyeing these 2019 RAM's, but since it's getting late in the year before a 2020 change, I might hold off.

That being said, anyone know of a good dealer in the San Antonio, TX area? I am willing to travel. I seen another person say the Dallas area had some good prices, but they weren't much different than the dealers here.

Here is one truck, I'm looking at - what do you guys think?

https://www.northstardodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-79f3f7e20a0e0a6b2b64b19351639884.htm

The only 2 features I would still like is the Panoramic Sunroof + the advanced safety group. It seems to have everything else that I want.

Building the truck I want is about $54K on RAM, how much do dealers come down on trucks ordered?

glennf14

Reaction score
Lurker here, been eyeing these 2019 RAM's, but since it's getting late in the year before a 2020 change, I might hold off.

That being said, anyone know of a good dealer in the San Antonio, TX area? I am willing to travel. I seen another person say the Dallas area had some good prices, but they weren't much different than the dealers here.

https://www.northstardodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-79f3f7e20a0e0a6b2b64b19351639884.htm

The only 2 features I would still like is the Panoramic Sunroof + the advanced safety group. It seems to have everything else that I want.

Building the truck I want is about $54K on RAM, how much do dealers come down on trucks ordered?

I'd definitely recommend getting the advanced safety group, you won't regret it. Pano roof is really personal taste. My Limited had it but it wasn't a must for me. Also you should scroll through the last ~15 pages to get an idea of how pricing works, as well as the jargon/terms. At the very least your price should be Invoice - Holdback - Rebates, even if you custom order. Ask the dealer for your configuration's POC to see invoice, holdback, etc. Or you can find/calculate the numbers yourself, there are several posts a few pages back that explain how. You mentioned waiting for the 2020 models, but I'm sure we won't see those hit dealer lots until around November. The early release was only for the 2019 model as far as I know.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend getting the advanced safety group, you won't regret it. Pano roof is really personal taste. My Limited had it but it wasn't a must for me. Also you should scroll through the last ~15 pages to get an idea of how pricing works, as well as the jargon/terms. At the very least your price should be Invoice - Holdback - Rebates, even if you custom order. Ask the dealer for your configuration's POC to see invoice, holdback, etc. Or you can find/calculate the numbers yourself, there are several posts a few pages back that explain how. You mentioned waiting for the 2020 models, but I'm sure we won't see those hit dealer lots until around November. The early release was only for the 2019 model as far as I know.

Thanks, I've read all of the pages - but I'm doing the whole emailing, getting a rough OTD cost and pitting them against each other first before walking in and negotiating more.
I don't want to wait until November as I'm currently leasing a 2016 Mazda CX-5 that ends in July, so I'm in the market figuring out what I want to do.

What did you think of the vehicle I linked? Looking at it in comparison with what everyone else is doing, doesn't sound too bad. I seem to be getting between 8-9$ off of MSRP. The invoice pricing seems to not be a thing as much now.

There are still some great rebates to had for leased vehicles, but not sure I want to lease again as even though I got a great deal on my car, I'm still going to be upside down.

Mazda has a 0.15c per mile overage, whereas most others are 25-30c

Also, https://www.anciracjd.com/search-all-inventory.html?sv=~1C6SRFJT4KN699902 - I just got an OTD of $54,242.82

Dreng

Reaction score
Thanks, I've read all of the pages - but I'm doing the whole emailing, getting a rough OTD cost and pitting them against each other first before walking in and negotiating more.
I don't want to wait until November as I'm currently leasing a 2016 Mazda CX-5 that ends in July, so I'm in the market figuring out what I want to do.

What did you think of the vehicle I linked? Looking at it in comparison with what everyone else is doing, doesn't sound too bad. I seem to be getting between 8-9$ off of MSRP. The invoice pricing seems to not be a thing as much now.

There are still some great rebates to had for leased vehicles, but not sure I want to lease again as even though I got a great deal on my car, I'm still going to be upside down.

Mazda has a 0.15c per mile overage, whereas most others are 25-30c

Also, https://www.anciracjd.com/search-all-inventory.html?sv=~1C6SRFJT4KN699902 - I just got an OTD of $54,242.82

Trying to figure out how they got out the door to $54242.82. Online price of $49228 + $350 doc fee (guesstimate based on few dealers I have talked to) + $3098.63 (sales tax 6.25% in TX and assuming no trade) = $52676.63. So looks like thye have an extra $1566.20 comming from somewhere. Maybe other dealer add-odds like tint or wheel locks they are not listing online. Either way I think its a reasonably good price but might be able to do better.

I know I have been looking at a lot in north Dallas area and most will not budge off internet price. Meador Dodge in Ft. Worth has great prices at end of the month but their prices tend to go up when the month restarts.

Dreng

Reaction score

On this truck I see a lot better dealer discounts in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex that are usually around $8k off. If you check out Grapevine Dodge they usually have pretty good prices for Laramie but the customer service was less than subpar when I tried working with them.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
If it helps, I visited both Grapevine and Meador. Ended up buying at Meador and the deal was 3000 cheaper at Meador than the lowest price Grapevine would give me. Grapevine tries to do alot of fast talking to confuse you AND they won't budge on removing the $2000 worth of dealer add-ons.

I never contacted them, but Klement dealership in Weatherford advertises pretty low prices.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Thanks @Dreng and @grafnburgz

I just found out my credit isn't so hot after a late payment. It's a mistake from the holidays an auto draft didn't pull through, so creditor is removing it off my account here this month - it dropped my credit score like 70 points..... Looks like I'll be waiting until that gets removed before going into any dealer anyways.

Do you guys think it's worth driving 4-5 hours for a possible better deal? Actually, after a quick peek, I do like this truck at Meador... https://www.meadorauto.com/inventory/new-2019-ram-1500-laramie-rwd-4d-crew-cab-1c6rrejg1kn720877

That doesn't seem like a bad deal and it includes the 12" screen + the Panoramic sunroof. It isn't the blackout package, but the blackout package tacks on $7K in options if you select it at the ram site. This one doesn't seem to add in the advanced safety features, but it does warn you if you get too close to an object infront of you right?

The closeness features are important to me since I have 0 depth perception and is why I used to always steer away from trucks in the first place. lol

Longhorn5G

Reaction score

I just found out my credit isn't so hot after a late payment. It's a mistake from the holidays an auto draft didn't pull through, so creditor is removing it off my account here this month - it dropped my credit score like 70 points..... Looks like I'll be waiting until that gets removed before going into any dealer anyways.

Do you guys think it's worth driving 4-5 hours for a possible better deal? Actually, after a quick peek, I do like this truck at Meador... https://www.meadorauto.com/inventory/new-2019-ram-1500-laramie-rwd-4d-crew-cab-1c6rrejg1kn720877

That doesn't seem like a bad deal and it includes the 12" screen + the Panoramic sunroof. It isn't the blackout package, but the blackout package tacks on $7K in options if you select it at the ram site. This one doesn't seem to add in the advanced safety features, but it does warn you if you get too close to an object infront of you right?

The closeness features are important to me since I have 0 depth perception and is why I used to always steer away from trucks in the first place. lol
Add Longhorn5G on the list of things to steer away from if you see my ahead of you please

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I've never been in an accident. My depth perception is a safety net, it usually tells me "Wow, you're so %!)(@*%)(! close to them" and then when you get out, you have like 2-3 car lengths to them lol

Steelysam

Reaction score

I've checked several dealerships in D/FW. Best I could get was invoice-$2250 plus incentives on truck I want to order. I checked with Bluebonnet Chrysler Ram in New Braunfels https://www.bluebonnetchryslerdodge.net/. They offered invoice less holdback on the same order truck. Said I could get a better deal if I buy one off the lot. They are a lot closer to San Antonio than anyone in D/FW.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I've checked several dealerships in D/FW. Best I could get was invoice-$2250 plus incentives on truck I want to order. I checked with Bluebonnet Chrysler Ram in New Braunfels https://www.bluebonnetchryslerdodge.net/. They offered invoice less holdback on the same order truck. Said I could get a better deal if I buy one off the lot. They are a lot closer to San Antonio than anyone in D/FW.

Thanks, that's one of the better here, but I was very unimpressed with their internet sales rep that it turned me off. I may give them another shot after what you said.
I reached out to them in regards to a Laramie black appearance package since that's what I'm after.

They responded with a 2018 (today only) deal and I said not interested, what about the 2019's. Never got a response back so I nexted them lol.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I drove back from Springfield Mo to DFW area for my deal.

grafnburgz

Reaction score
I've driven from DFW to San Antonio to get a spectacular deal on a car before. Depends on how much better the deal is and how much your time is worth. If it's several thousands... I'd do it. If it's 500 bucks, no way.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Hello Gents
First time poster here, just want to say thanks for all your informative posts and shared knowledge. I’m in the market for new RAM Laramie and looking to order one fairly soon. I’m a Marine veteran and just started the process of joining USAA, joined Sam’s club this past week to try to take advantage of these rebates when I do make my purchase. Does anyone know how many rebates/incentives you can “stack” to maximize your savings? I’m sure some are mutually exclusive and cancel each other out, just trying to get forearmed before some dealer tells me otherwise.
I’m in the NY area and not afraid to go out of state to make a purchase.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
E
When I closed on my limited in December, the 1000 USAA trumped everything else other than fca rebates. Conquest was the only other rebate it was compatible with. Current lessee, mailer, true car, realtor, military, all wouldn't work if I went USAA (not saying I qualified for all them but dealer did show me check for check in his fca software what worked and what didn't at that time).

I always found USAA pricing to be middle of the pack. I recommend Koons CJDR in North VA. Craig will give you the best deal on the east coast. No bs. Search his name on here and you'll find his contact info.

It seems that nego prices are actually going up these days!

Jro

Reaction score
It seems that nego prices are actually going up these days!

The local dealer I spoke with was a complete joke re pricing. It was basically take the rebates and that's it, and they wouldn't even give me a quote on a build. My next option will be going DFW area and/or a long trip to Koons. It seems like with the last several months of booming sales they aren't interested in making deals right now. I will probably give it a few months for the buzz to slow down and try again. Disappointing.

rmonte4

Reaction score
I’m a usaa member and what I did was build the exact truck I wanted on the usaa car buying site and went to a dealer that honored the exact price. It took three different dealers to do this but eventually it worked. Two options that Is a must in my opinion would be the 33 gal tank and wheel house liners.

Damn i actually skipped both of those on my Order 2 weeks ago. Any particular reason these are must haves for you? is it an owner specific must have? i live in texas, and not using it for any long hauls. just daily driving 30 miles round trip.

rmonte4

Reaction score
The local dealer I spoke with was a complete joke re pricing. It was basically take the rebates and that's it, and they wouldn't even give me a quote on a build. My next option will be going DFW area and/or a long trip to Koons. It seems like with the last several months of booming sales they aren't interested in making deals right now. I will probably give it a few months for the buzz to slow down and try again. Disappointing.

Contact Meador in Fort Worth, thats where i got mine. Ask for Kevin.

S

Smashy71

**** i actually skipped both of those on my Order 2 weeks ago. Any particular reason these are must haves for you? is it an owner specific must have? i live in texas, and not using it for any long hauls. just daily driving 30 miles round trip.
I pull a 20ft trailer hauling cars some when I find one I can’t live without. 33 gal tank imo should be standard. Trailer brakes should be as well. The air suspenion is marvelous under a load and haul since it’s self leveling. No other truck on the lots met my needs so I just ordered what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread