5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
and yet the HV dealer insists that the bottom line number (15% under MSRP) won't change regardless if I buy or lease. The only thing that changes are lease rebates and rates at time of signing. I get the last part, I just don't get why he won't quote me on a lease payment - even a rough ballpark. I just want to know what I'm looking at, in terms of monthly lease payments (even if it's based on today's rates).

Hmm... Interesting, like I said - I could be wrong.

I would think if you have the price of the truck you can figure out a ballpark lease payment yourself, no? Do you need more than the residual? I think that number is constant across the vehicles, so you should be able to look at other lease agreements in this thread for a ballpark idea.

JLUR_

Reaction score
and yet the HV dealer insists that the bottom line number (15% under MSRP) won't change regardless if I buy or lease. The only thing that changes are lease rebates and rates at time of signing. I get the last part, I just don't get why he won't quote me on a lease payment - even a rough ballpark. I just want to know what I'm looking at, in terms of monthly lease payments (even if it's based on today's rates).

My guess for why he won't ballpark you is so that you won't shop the monthly payment number around. After running your credit Chrysler Capital or Ally Bank or whomever your lease will go through will provide the base money factor to which the dealer can add up to 0.0005 to for some back-end money. The next dealer is only going to tack on 0.00045 to lower your payment and get the business.

You can negotiate the money factor, though, and ideally it shouldn't be any more than the base rate from the lending bank. Your 4x4 Rebel Crew MF is 0.00109 and 53% residual for 3 years / 36,000 miles. Plug that into a lease calculator to get an idea of where your payment should be.

dannydyn

Reaction score
My guess for why he won't ballpark you is so that you won't shop the monthly payment number around. After running your credit Chrysler Capital or Ally Bank or whomever your lease will go through will provide the base money factor to which the dealer can add up to 0.0005 to for some back-end money. The next dealer is only going to tack on 0.00045 to lower your payment and get the business.

You can negotiate the money factor, though, and ideally it shouldn't be any more than the base rate from the lending bank. Your 4x4 Rebel Crew MF is 0.00109 and 53% residual for 3 years / 36,000 miles. Plug that into a lease calculator to get an idea of where your payment should be.

No one can touch his bottom line number anyways. I'm not trying to shop anything at this point. I just want to know what I'm looking at in terms of monthly payments.

JLUR_

Reaction score
No one can touch his bottom line number anyways. I'm not trying to shop anything at this point. I just want to know what I'm looking at in terms of monthly payments.
Assuming Tier 1 credit, 3 years, 36k miles/yr you're looking at $639/mo before any applicable rebates and not including any sales/lease taxes because I don't know where you live.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Assuming Tier 1 credit, 3 years, 36k miles/yr you're looking at $639/mo before any applicable rebates and not including any sales/lease taxes because I don't know where you live.

Thank you, I don't know why it's so hard to get that figure from the dealer.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Here's a lease deal I was given for a Limited:
MSRP $63420
Discounts/Rebates $8983
Residual 53%
MF 0.00097
Down $5k

36month/10K, monthly would come out to $596.51 + tax.. that would make it more expensive than my GLE!

dannydyn

Reaction score
Here's a lease deal I was given for a Limited:
MSRP $63420
Discounts/Rebates $8983
Residual 53%
MF 0.00097
Down $5k

36month/10K, monthly would come out to $596.51 + tax.. that would make it more expensive than my GLE!

Did you get your lease payment, residual, and MF when you placed the order, or were you told by the dealer, you'd have to wait for the truck to be built and leave the factory, before he can give you the lease payment information?

davidn0021

Reaction score
no, that's just a quote i've received. that's for a truck on a lot. funny thing is, i know which dealer they're pulling it from and there's really nothing stopping me from driving over to that lot. it's actually closer. but it has options i really don't need (sunroof) that just doesn't make sense for me to add to the cost of the lease, which is why i was thinking of just ordering a custom one with only the options i need/want.

dannydyn

Reaction score

Finally got an estimate from him based on a comparable truck he's got on the lot. 12k miles/yr. is in the high 700s and 15k is low 800s.... Zero money down.

Now I know why he wouldn't quote me. While his bottom number is untouchable, it's only good if you're buying. For a lease, that's a total rip off.

JLUR_

Reaction score
Finally got an estimate from him based on a comparable truck he's got on the lot. 12k miles/yr. is in the high 700s and 15k is low 800s.... Zero money down.

Now I know why he wouldn't quote me. While his bottom number is untouchable, it's only good if you're buying. For a lease, that's a total rip off.

Holy crap. 36 months right? Did he tell you the MF and residual he was using? Is there a trade-in with negative equity? The only way that I can get near the number he quoted is by using the full MSRP and a crazy high MF.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Holy crap. 36 months right? Did he tell you the MF and residual he was using? Is there a trade-in with negative equity? The only way that I can get near the number he quoted is by using the full MSRP and a crazy high MF.

Of course he didn't give me the MF and residual %.

No trade-in involved

And he claims this monthly payment amount he gave me is off the discounted price, NOT full MSRP.

Looks like the only way to get a 13%-15% under MSRP from a high volume dealer, is to buy, not lease. I guess whatever money they lose on selling, they make right back on leasing.

davidn0021

Reaction score
wow yeah that is a rip off. that's worse than my deal, by far. shop around if you can. or if you're currently in a lease, i believe there's a rebate for that as well.

dannydyn

Reaction score
wow yeah that is a rip off. that's worse than my deal, by far. shop around if you can. or if you're currently in a lease, i believe there's a rebate for that as well.

I decided to save up a bit and just buy one. If I'm paying close to $700/mo., I might as well own it.

I'll take this opportunity to save up and wait for Rebel12 to resume production.

dannydyn

Reaction score

Residual for 12k is 52%
Residual for 15k is 50%

MF is .00138 :oops:

:poop::poop::poop:

:ROFLMAO:

carwash2

Reaction score
Well, my deal is done! I brought the truck home last night before all of the snow and salty road hit.

Msrp 54,545
discounts 5,795
less rebates 4000
44,750 + tax & title and doc fee

It's covered in snow now, I'll take some pictures later.

CRAM!

Reaction score
Hello Gents
First time poster here, just want to say thanks for all your informative posts and shared knowledge. I’m in the market for new RAM Laramie and looking to order one fairly soon. I’m a Marine veteran and just started the process of joining USAA, joined Sam’s club this past week to try to take advantage of these rebates when I do make my purchase. Does anyone know how many rebates/incentives you can “stack” to maximize your savings? I’m sure some are mutually exclusive and cancel each other out, just trying to get forearmed before some dealer tells me otherwise.
I’m in the NY area and not afraid to go out of state to make a purchase.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
E

S

Smashy71

Hello Gents
First time poster here, just want to say thanks for all your informative posts and shared knowledge. I’m in the market for new RAM Laramie and looking to order one fairly soon. I’m a Marine veteran and just started the process of joining USAA, joined Sam’s club this past week to try to take advantage of these rebates when I do make my purchase. Does anyone know how many rebates/incentives you can “stack” to maximize your savings? I’m sure some are mutually exclusive and cancel each other out, just trying to get forearmed before some dealer tells me otherwise.
I’m in the NY area and not afraid to go out of state to make a purchase.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
E

I’m a usaa member and what I did was build the exact truck I wanted on the usaa car buying site and went to a dealer that honored the exact price. It took three different dealers to do this but eventually it worked. Two options that Is a must in my opinion would be the 33 gal tank and wheel house liners.

Craig g 82

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5.7 Box

Monroney 61,256
Purchased at 51,239 OTD (all fees, dest and TTT)
No trade
Big Finish, regional and USAA rebates
0.0% 36 months, 0 down

Options:
5.7L eTorque
Level 2 Equipment Group
Advanced Safety Group
4C Nav 12-inch display
3.92 axle
Leather bucket seats
20-inch paint/polished wheels
275/55R20 OWL tires
Rubber floor mats
Tonneau tri-fold cover w/LED bed lights
Rear wheelhouse liners
Trailer brake control

Competitively bid 13 dealerships in the DC and Baltimore area through email, then phone. 5 wouldn’t give me the time of day and 1 GM told me to politely FO. A few others insisted I only deal in the showroom. 4 eventually gave me an OTD price. The winner was $4k lower on a similar MSRP.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I used it and the 5th Gen forums extensively. Happy to be a truck owner again!
GREAT DEAL! do you mind telling what dealership you purchased from, I'm in the same area shopping for same truck

Users who are viewing this thread