5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Brewboy73

Reaction score
According to their website they currently have 366 RAM 1500s. I'm not sure I trust any of the info on their website. Sounds more like a dealer to avoid or at minimum, to be wary of.
There are 3 Arrigo dealers in South Florida. When you go to the website it shows you all of the inventory for each location. When you go into the specific truck, it will tell you which location it is located at. I've complained to them about this.

RedFred

Reaction score
Brewboy, your Laramie looks nice. Is the the Ivory White tri-coat color? Looks like it, but hard to tell sometimes from the bright white.

Tire Guy

Reaction score
Landmark in Morrow GA has all Rams MA at $5k plus another $1500 for environmental fee. Whatever the hell that is. However, they did mark down a beautiful Laramie GT $10k off MSRP. That is a $16,500 swing. It is now in my driveway. Thank you very much...

RedFred

Reaction score
Landmark in Morrow GA has all Rams MA at $5k plus another $1500 for environmental fee. Whatever the hell that is. However, they did mark down a beautiful Laramie GT $10k off MSRP. That is a $16,500 swing. It is now in my driveway. Thank you very much...
So you got $16,500 off the sticker price? If you did, wow! Nice job

JoeI21

Reaction score
hey guys, i know this is not exactly the thread for this but i’ve been doing a lot of research prior to purchasing my 22 ram bts. i contact mark dodge as well as others. unfortunately where i live in CT doesn’t have the best incentives. with that being said i’m still about 6k under msrp. my question for the group is do i go with the v6 or v8. only difference for me right now is price. i really don’t tow anything so that’s not an issue. any input would be appreciated. thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
hey guys, i know this is not exactly the thread for this but i’ve been doing a lot of research prior to purchasing my 22 ram bts. i contact mark dodge as well as others. unfortunately where i live in CT doesn’t have the best incentives. with that being said i’m still about 6k under msrp. my question for the group is do i go with the v6 or v8. only difference for me right now is price. i really don’t tow anything so that’s not an issue. any input would be appreciated. thanks
Coming from a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with 230 hp why would I need 395 hp on a v8? Wouldn't the 6 cylinder be more than adequate? Wouldn't my MPG be better? Yeah, sure!
Went with the hemi V8 and my "gut".
Miles and smiles.
Besides the dual exhaust just looks right.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
You will make up the extra cost in getting the V-8 when you go to sell the truck in a few years. In a normal market, used base motor v-6 trucks are a tough sell. Trade value will reflect that.

Dunga

Reaction score

Really drive both and see if the V6 is an absolute no go for you. If money is an issue, don’t buy the V8 and strain yourself. But also you don’t wanna spend $50 grand on a vehicle and have buyer’s remorse. So while we all will have different opinions, take it with a grain of salt and do what works best for your life and budget.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sound of the v6 is pretty annoying in the cabin. Plenty of power and otherwise a good engine.

Tire Guy

Reaction score
So you got $16,500 off the sticker price? If you did, wow! Nice job
Thanks. I checked with two dealers that you can order below MSRP and the price was $2k better than they could do on a similarly equipped truck. A few differences like the rear seats are not heated. My must have was the GT package. Came with 9 miles on it so it wasn't a demo. End of the month/quarter deal...

RedFred

Reaction score
Thanks. I checked with two dealers that you can order below MSRP and the price was $2k better than they could do on a similarly equipped truck. A few differences like the rear seats are not heated. My must have was the GT package. Came with 9 miles on it so it wasn't a demo. End of the month/quarter deal...
Yeah, that was a steal! Congrats!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for all the feedback. i went with my gut and all of your input and walked away from the deal in search for the v8.
nice choice!
i meant to respond to your post before but got busy. I came from a V6 4Runner (still have it) and the V8 is a big reason why I jumped from Toyota to Ram. In my application, I have added approximately ~800lb of gears, bumper, armors, and other things to my 4R that the gas mileage was as bad as the V8 Lexus GX that is carrying approximately the same amount of weight. I was experiencing low power to the wheel (even with regear) and had to "step on it" a lot just to keep up with the freeway traffic. Probably what contributes to the poor gas mileage, to be honest.

I learned that, with a bigger engine, the amount of "step on it" to get it going with the stuff I'm carrying will be a lot less as I won't need to make up for the lack of power through revving it high. And V8s are just smoother in day to day operation as well.

cheapdad00

Reaction score
Received a $1000 RAM coupon popup on the RamTrucks website this morning - for those of you who have orders pending (or about to order) and previous coupons expired. It came up in Edge and I was able to duplicate in an Edge private window. Did not pop up in Chrome on same PC. Going to the Search local inventory (Find your 2022 Ram 1500) triggered it.

Dunga

Reaction score
Received a $1000 RAM coupon popup on the RamTrucks website this morning - for those of you who have orders pending (or about to order) and previous coupons expired. It came up in Edge and I was able to duplicate in an Edge private window. Did not pop up in Chrome on same PC. Going to the Search local inventory (Find your 2022 Ram 1500) triggered it.
I got it to work! Thank you. My truck is awaiting PDI at Mark Dodge. I hope I can use the coupon with the existing incentives.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Excellent. Thank you! I'll have to read the terms on this but as long as it's accepted and good for like 30 or 60 days I'm hoping I can use it as my truck has been shipped to the dealer.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

cleigh

Reaction score

YES!!! Thank you!!!

Very curious Dunga how it works. Are you stacking with Tread Lightly or anything as well?

Thanks!

Rammmer

Reaction score
YES!!! Thank you!!!

Very curious Dunga how it works. Are you stacking with Tread Lightly or anything as well?

Thanks!
The Ram website says it stacks with most other offers. Haven't tried so don't know for sure. I'm hoping to stack it with the 0/48 + $500 cash (or better August offer if available), and a $500 TrueCar/PenFed discount.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread