5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, did some browsing on cars.com and cargurus.com, everything is being offered at msrp only.
Looked at Audi then Land Rover, Jaguar, GM and Acura, everything is now being offered at MSRP. You use to be able to look at cargurus and cars.com and get an idea of best price off MSRP

MBDC

Reaction score
I got a GREAT no nonsense deal from Roy at Meador Auto in Ft Worth.

Send him an email Roy Russ [email protected]

Let him know you got his information from MBDC on 5th Gen Forums. He'll take good care of you. I did see a lot of trims onsite and their website lists a whole bunch in transit.

I'm in a different city and picked up my truck this past Friday. 2021 RAM Laramie 1500. I'll definitely purchase from Roy again.

Ninjabros

Reaction score
Just got this from a dealer.

The factory has just announced that ALL INCENTIVES/REBATES will end at the close of business on May 17th due to limited supply of new vehicles caused by the massive parts shortages. Other major manufacturers initiated the is action and many more will follow. If you plan on getting a new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM, YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! After the 17th of this month there will be no more incentives/rebates available

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The factory has just announced that ALL INCENTIVES/REBATES will end at the close of business on May 17th due to limited supply of new vehicles caused by the massive parts shortages. Other major manufacturers initiated the is action and many more will follow. If you plan on getting a new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM, YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! After the 17th of this month there will be no more incentives/rebates available
Looks like I picked good timing to order my truck. I don’t mean to gloat over those who haven’t purchased/ordered yet, but I’m pleased I was able to lock in $10,000 dealer discount, $1,500 rebates/coupon, and 0% for 72. Meanwhile, my 2019 Laramie keeps going up in value.

I was optimistically hoping rebates would be higher in July when I expect my order will be delivered, but I’m satisfied with these numbers. It’s likely that if I didn’t order when I did, I’d hold off until end of 2022 or even 2023. And who knows what inflation is coming our way.

Jawisa

Reaction score
In looking at the Ramtrucks.com site it looks like the the only trucks this date affects are the Big Horns and Lone Stars. I ordered a Laramie from Mark Dodge on 3/13/21 and I believe that is is en route to the dealer. Hopefully the Laramie incentives will remain as a 6/1/21 expiration.

BowDown

Reaction score

I was planning on keeping this truck 7-8 years but if 8K rebates return I'd trade in sooner but from what I'm reading, there will be no need or incentive for the manufacturer to give deep rebates for at least another 2 years. Manufacturers are in worse shape now than they were during covid

Yeah, that's a little over half of what they were. Thats a big pill to swallow.
Moral of the story, buy when you can and stop waiting for the better deal. Cost me a $8K rebate that I was only able to recoup 6K of and had to wait 4 months to do that.
Told you

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score

Dam, and I just joined Tread Lightly yesterday to get the 1% below invoice pricing.

BowDown

Reaction score
It was inevitable, there's less new vehicles now than thus time last year during covid.
Funny thing is I never guessed things would get as bad as they did during covid and afterwards, I thought surely covid was the worst.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Interested in a used market update? My best friend owns a used car dealership, he just bought a clean, well optioned, 2007 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 140,000 miles at auction for $15,000. There is no way in hell he can sell the truck for a profit at that number, he would need to list it at $19k. He bought it for himself, and my goodness, he is absolutely screaming about the price. He has no inventory, and no realistic prospects for gaining inventory at a price where he could ever hope to make any kind of realistic profit.

BowDown

Reaction score
Interested in a used market update? My best friend owns a used car dealership, he just bought a clean, well optioned, 2007 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 140,000 miles at auction for $15,000. There is no way in hell he can sell the truck for a profit at that number, he would need to list it at $19k. He bought it for himself, and my goodness, he is absolutely screaming about the price. He has no inventory, and no realistic prospects for gaining inventory at a price where he could ever hope to make any kind of realistic profit.

Damn, $15K for a 2007 140K mile truck?!!!
Thats insane

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In looking at the Ramtrucks.com site it looks like the the only trucks this date affects are the Big Horns and Lone Stars. I ordered a Laramie from Mark Dodge on 3/13/21 and I believe that is is en route to the dealer. Hopefully the Laramie incentives will remain as a 6/1/21 expiration.
You didn't lock in incentives at the time of order on the sold order?

Jawisa

Reaction score
Unfortunately I did not. Since i will be leasing at least this deal is still available until 6/1.

Satchamo

Reaction score

Well that sucks.... I’m working on my down payment and was planning on buying around July. But as time goes on it seems I can afford less and less....

With the pricing so out of whack it makes you wonder at what point do people just stop buying cars/trucks?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that sucks.... I’m working on my down payment and was planning on buying around July. But as time goes on it seems I can afford less and less....

With the pricing so out of whack it makes you wonder at what point do people just stop buying cars/trucks?
Buy now from Aaron or Phillip (I got a good price in WI, too, on an order from a dealer here) while you can still get 0% for 72 and just put down a little less.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score

If you click the above link it brings up the incentives and offers page. Now if I click the cash allowance link the window that pops up shows a total of $4500 in rebates for my zip code and it does say in the bottom right cover must take delivery by 5/17. ....... But if I click on the total value link it show the amount you save with bighorn value package but it also lists the same $4500 in rebates and that is showing good until 6/1.

Last edited:

Satchamo

Reaction score
Buy now from Aaron or Phillip (I got a good price in WI, too, on an order from a dealer here) while you can still get 0% for 72 and just put down a little less.

Do I only need to put a deposit down now then I can work out the financing once it arrives? IE I can order now and put down whatever I want when it arrives?

Users who are viewing this thread