5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebates get better as the year goes right? It's really depressing talking to my dad who bought his truck (almost loaded) for $27k...20 years ago, haha. Just crazy how much they cost now, but I'm not sure I see the price ever really coming down...ever.
Only high gas prices will bring the price down. But ever increasing MSRPs are here to stay, they will just increase rebates.

I'm debating right now what to do. It isn't a secret I don't love the eTorque on my truck I got at the end of September. Getting more used to it, but still would rather not have it. I only have 4200 miles on it. Carvana will give me about $47,500 (MSRP $55,135), I paid $43,500 new. I would get a Longhorn from one of the two volume dealers mentioned on here frequently, but would like to see if MY 2022 has UConnect5. I don't see inventory getting much better for about a year from now, with COVID still a thing and now the chip shortage. I would think I could still get a very good trade-in around November or December and a better deal on a possible 2022.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only high gas prices will bring the price down. But ever increasing MSRPs are here to stay, they will just increase rebates.

I'm debating right now what to do. It isn't a secret I don't love the eTorque on my truck I got at the end of September. Getting more used to it, but still would rather not have it. I only have 4200 miles on it. Carvana will give me about $47,500 (MSRP $55,135), I paid $43,500 new. I would get a Longhorn from one of the two volume dealers mentioned on here frequently, but would like to see if MY 2022 has UConnect5. I don't see inventory getting much better for about a year from now, with COVID still a thing and now the chip shortage. I would think I could still get a very good trade-in around November or December and a better deal on a possible 2022.
I'd take the Carvana offer. Being able to get out from under a new car purchase with a profit is a blessing. I assume you're accounting for sales tax paid + registration?

I picked up my Limited Longhorn 1500 from Mark Dodge on March 27 and drove to Birmingham where I discovered a cracked lens cover on the driver's side mirror...probably shipping damage. Neither I nor the Mark Dodge folks had seen it on the pre-purchase inspection. I sent Aaron a photo and he ordered a replacement part to be sent to my home in Texas. He told me to take it to a local dealer to be installed, send a copy of the invoice to him, and Mark Dodge would reimburse me the cost. Now, that's what I call a great dealership!

I can't believe they are covering it but that also is freaking awesome customer service. that crack could have happened anywhere between their dealership and your house. Still, huge customer service.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My bold and italics.

With the chip shortage, I cannot imagine UConnect5 is going to happen in MY2023, let alone MY2020, in the midst of the shortage.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My bold and italics.

With the chip shortage, I cannot imagine UConnect5 is going to happen in MY2023, let alone MY2020, in the midst of the shortage.
Selfishly, I hope you’re right, as I just ordered a 2021 Longhorn. I contemplated waiting for 2022s, anticipating they’d have Uconnect 5, but came to the same conclusion you did: with the chip shortage, 2022s may not see a Uconnect upgrade.

(However, I expect the 2023s will see this upgrade).

Not that it actually matters, but I’d have a tinge of buyers remorse if, a month or two after my truck is delivered, Uconnect 5 rolls into the lots. I’ll still love my truck, but you know how that goes.

rbundy84

Reaction score

Kinda where I’m at now too...if there wasn’t the chip shortage, I would’ve ordered by now BUT I might be waiting for either better rebates/incentives this summer or MY22

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kinda where I’m at now too...if there wasn’t the chip shortage, I would’ve ordered by now BUT I might be waiting for either better rebates/incentives this summer or MY22
If the chip shortage continues, don't expect better rebates or incentives at all.

McHouck

Reaction score
This is the text my SA sent me explaining a previous post regarding this. Screenshot_20210412-110623_Message+.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So I’m curious about the friends and family plan (FFP) pricing vs the access fund and tread lightly. Are all three of those the same thing (1% below invoice)?
I’m ready to pull the trigger with Jason and Aaron at Mark Dodge but was waiting for the FFP code to come in (which is hopefully next week), or I need to wait 30 days for access fund if it’s different.
Or are you saying that applying these codes don’t do anything to the price because Aaron is already beating it?

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what the Affiliate Pricing (Tread Lightly) discount is and is not.

A $100 Tread Lightly membership get you access to Affiliate Pricing.
Affiliate Pricing allows you to buy a vehicle at 1% below invoice plus $75. It is not a discount off a negotiated price.

As I understand it, if the dealer is using the Affiliate pricing program he is not supposed to discount beyond that (not including other incentives). The factory then gives them some sort of reimbursement. If the dealer is giving you a lower price he is not supposed to file for that reimbursement.

That being said many dealers will submit for that reimbursement anyway and pass along some of this discount to you. Maybe the factory never checks or that particular dealer is willing to roll the dice on an audit.

For some reason Tread Lightly gets talked about the most but Access Fund is cheaper. You company may also provide you the benefit at no charge.

Check to see if your employer is part of the Affiliate Pricing Program LINK
If not join Access Fund for $50 - LINK
or
Tread Lightly for $100 - LINK
After joining you must wait 30 days before you take possession of the vehicle. This works at any dealership.

Check the link in my signature for more information.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I just picked up my 21 Ltd Longhorn from Jason and Aaron. They were substantially lower than employee pricing and I had an FCA employee number that I could have used. They said it was too much hassle for them. Employee pricing is 5% below Dealer Cost. In addition, their dealer fees were only $219.00. You will not see that anywhere else! Give Jason or Aaron a call, Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. And no sitting down for that idiotic sales pitch from the Finance Guy!! When the finance guy called, he had one question, "Do I want any addons like extended warranty, etc.?" I said No and that was it!

Employee Pricing is 5% off invoice plus $200 before incentives/rebates. This is a good deal for most people but, as members of this forum, we know that we can usually do better. Phillip and Aaron are providing 6%-7.5% off invoice. The other volume dealers talked about here are offering almost as good discounts.

Dealer fees are a scam but Phillip's fee of $150 and Aaron's fee of $219 are more reasonable than most.

Here is their contact information.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

Aaron Ginsburgh, New Car Sales Manager at Mark Dodge in Louisiana
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

For other volume dealers information check out the following post.

Last edited:

Boston

Reaction score

Used prices are so high, that if you MUST buy now, buy new. If you don't have to buy. Put off the purchase until supply normalizes and rebates return.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Used prices are so high, that if you MUST buy now, buy new. If you don't have to buy. Put off the purchase until supply normalizes and rebates return.
That’s the plan for now...my car now is fine but I’m looking to upgrade my 2014 Equinox Soccer Mom edition...

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I wanted to add the Arizona dealers wouldn't come close to this price. The Rebels on their lots they were selling for MSRP plus incentives. When I asked about a factory build it was the same thing. MSRP plus incentives only. That was through several dealerships here. I had one quote me on a Rebel they had on their lot that didn't have everything I wanted, but was curious about their pricing. MSRP was $59,500, after incentives and TTL my OTD quote was over $61k. Absolutely crazy numbers. Even with shipping my car from Mark Dodge I'm saving over $5k.

Paying MSRP is outrageous. I would say anyone paying invoice, much less MSRP, is getting ripped off. Anyone can get 1% off invoice, before incentives/rebates with no negotiation needed. A good deal is 5%-7.5% off invoice.

At one time paying invoice was a good deal. That time has long since passed.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For those looking to sell their trade in, I recently sold a vehicle to AutoNation, they were higher than Carvana, Vroom, CarMax and all others.
In many states, the problem with selling to another dealer, or a third-party, is that you lose the tax benefit on the trade. Typically the tax benefit far outweighs the additional money you got by selling it elsewhere.

rbundy84

Reaction score
In many states, the problem with selling to another dealer, or a third-party, is that you lose the tax benefit on the trade. Typically the tax benefit far outweighs the additional money you got by selling it elsewhere.
I agree somewhat but when the dealer and Carvana are $4k apart....it’s smarter to sell

I’m also posting to get this thread off page #666

Users who are viewing this thread