5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Ok, you need to reread my posts in reply to you.

I was giving you respect! You chose to do business with an honest dealership even if it cost a little more! Most people do not have the common sense to do what you did.

Jesus...
OK I'll do as you suggested and reread your posts. What I got so far was I lack common sense, may be insane, and some foul language. I'll look for the good in your posts.
Once again have a great day

Runagun

Reaction score
OK I'll do as you suggested and reread your posts. What I got so far was I lack common sense, may be insane, and some foul language. I'll look for the good in your posts.
Once again have a great
You both are right. He was giving you a compliment but the way he worded it was confusing. But also going to his point I've bought 3 vehicles and the past 3 years and mark dodge was the best out of all 3 of them. While I didn't experience anything bad With the other dealers. But with Mark Everything for me was done at home. No waiting hours at the dealership. Send the paperwork and just sign online.

Last edited:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Help me out here folks... What is with this guy?
Not sure I understand what point you are making in response to my post?
You refer often to Aaron, do you work for the dealership? Sounds like they are a tremendous resource.

Ok now I understand, you think I lack common sense. I'll stack my 45+ years experience in the business against yours anytime. You keep on nudging people to Aaron as long as you wish. At some point you should consider pointing out the other financial impacts of the cost to ship, the waiting time and it's impact on the value of trade ins over time, and the lost tax benefits of trading vs trying to sell to Carmax etc. In the meantime our vehicles are on the ground and being used daily, rather than waiting and watching for a month or three. As I believe you stated in one of your posts, the dealer always makes money so cutting profits to the bone is a subjective view.
Have a great day
Am I reading this correctly? You are a dealer? If so, I get why you are upset 😂

mophead

Reaction score
I have purchased 3 RAM 1500s. 17, 19, 21 (just a week ago). Used Chrysler Financial on all three. The minimum finance amount has differed in all 3 and has been different depending on the dealership. The range has been from $6k to $10k. I still have not figured out why there is so much confusion on this. But, I can tell you for sure and certain that it cost 2 different dealerships a sale. While I shop hard and buy only if I get the deal I predetermine, or less, I will pay a bit extra for a straight up no BS dealer who has transparent pricing. As one of the TV advertising says " I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two"....I don't mean to suggest I know it all but I can spot a dealer who is zooming me in a heartbeat. At the end of the day they're going to sell all their inventory one way or another. In my case what they miss is repeat business and referrals. I'm proud to say that this January 2021 I reached my 101st referral to an automotive group that is straight up honest with transparent pricing and has customer satisfaction as their number 1 objective after the sale. In every case the buyer came from a situation where the dealership played pricing games or were simply difficult to get a straight answer from.
Do tell... which dealership?

mophead

Reaction score
Placed order at local dealer today.

2021 Bighorn Crew 6'4 4x4 Night Edition

MSRP: $57,940
Incentives: $6,000 (including PenFed)
Dealer discount:. $3,951 (including affiliate program)
Price (before T,T, doc): $47,989
roughly 18% off MSRP unless better incentives at delivery

This was at my local dealer. Mark Dodge offered a bit less but since I am in PA I didn't think shipping or flying was worth the hassle. Overall I am satisfied with this deal

Full specs below:

2021 1500 Big Horn
- Billet Silver
- Crew Cab 4x4
- 6'4 bed
- 5.7 eTorque
- 3.92 gears
- 33 gallon fuel tank
- Big Horn Level 2
- Night Edition
- Premium Lighting Group
- Bed Utility Group
- Protection Group
- Multi Function Tailgate
- 9 Amplified speakers plus subwoofer
- Blind Spot Monitoring and cross path
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Mopar floor mats
- Rear wheelwell liners
- Dealer Installed Amp Extreme power running boards (not included in above price)

Dealer was unsure if the Blind Spot Monitoring will be available, I hope it is but its not the end of the world if i cant get it, the little blind spot corner mirrors are really good already.

I had to have a Night Edition so a comparable Laramie was a significant step up in price from this Big Horn, as well as this is my first truck ever and i am already at the limit of what my wife will let me spend.. I really wish the Big Horn had the proximity entry and power passenger seat, other than those two things the truck is perfect for me. I was able to test drive a similar truck today (Big Horn quad cab 4x4, Level 2, Night edition) i fell in love instantly, now the wait begins..
Which dealership. I'm in Md and have been shopping Pa extensively. TIA

Chuck19

Reaction score
You both are right. He was giving you a compliment but the way he worded it was confusing. But also going to his point I've bought 3 vehicles and the past 3 years and mark dodge was the best out of all 3 of them. While I didn't experience anything bad With the other dealers. But with Mark Everything for me was done at home. No waiting hours at the dealership. Send the paperwork and just sign online.
Totally agree. I have purchased 4 vehicles in the past 2 years. My last 3 purchases were (as usual) full of games and dishonesty with me constantly having to call out the BS and extra up charges that were added on along throughout the process all the way up through signing and driving. However with Aaron there were zero games and no dishonesty. Saved me thousands even with the shipping charges. Smoothest car transaction I have ever had and will be back to purchase my Wrangler through them.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Thanks for your clarification. I have absolutely no problem with buying out of state and have personally gone as far as California from New Jersey to purchase a special edition Prowler and a Shelby Mustang from the plant in Vegas.
The point of my original post was simply to point out that sometimes a local instock unit is worth a few extra dollars. I certainly didn't mean to get anyone annoyed. In my case I set a goal of $6k and my 2019 BH level 1. I had to pay $6250 difference, so I missed my goal by $250. To me the extra $ were worth it because I didn't want to wait for a build.
As a point of reference Carl from Maryland beat the dealer discount by $2k. However, he was$4k low on my trade in. So all things considered (taxes, $500 Marylan fee and a long wait) I ended up far better financially than I would have with a remote dealer, and I was in and out of the dealership in less than an hour.
Thanks again for helping clarify, it was good of you to do so.

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Am I reading this correctly? You are a dealer? If so, I get why you are upset 😂
No I am not a dealer; however I have been a financial consultant to numerous dealerships for over 45 years. My involvement is always after they are in financial trouble.
And by the way I am not offended, just trying to understand what you were saying.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. This is the response I was anticipating and nothing against the other replies. 785 is the true FICO score that I had in hand walking in without even telling them. I even had them show me what score they had on their report and it matched. Santander is the best information regarding this situation and thank you for that. That is not on my report at all. Now I can confirm they didn't even attempt and went with their bank for kick backs.
The question still remains, can I reach out to FCA and inform them of this and try to get refinanced through them or would that just be a waste of time since I took the incentives already?
Did they use fico score 8 or fico auto 8 or some other calculation?

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
Do tell... which dealership?
My last purchase was from Bergey's in Souderton PA, about 40 miles from home. Contacted them on Saturday morning for a quote on an in stock unit. Had the complete pricing and approved deal by 3pm in the afternoon. Pickled it up on Monday morning and spent less than an hour at the dealership, a good bit of which was my inspection of the new vehicle.
With all in (including my trade and tax benefit) the total was more than $3k below the total out of pocket I would have had to pay a Maryland volume dealer (MD is the furtherest I was willing to travel).

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m with you on Mark Dodge! I emailed Aaron and told him I got his contact from 5thGenRam forum and heard he was the man for good deals on new Ram orders. He made the process painless from communication to negotiation to ordering. Now my truck hasn’t been delivered yet so I guess things could still go south but so far, so good!

Kovy23

Reaction score
I may be late to the party here, but just clarification. You CAN'T stack the PenFed $1000 and the TrueCar $500, correct?

21Bighornnightedition

Reaction score
2021 Bighorn crew night edition and level 2

MSRP $51,730
Incentives $6750
Dealer discount. $2750
Price paid
(before T,T, doc) $42,230
Used FCA financing
18% off MSRP if I calculated properly
Not the greatest dealer discount but considering current inventory, in stock, excellent trade value and dealer reputation I am pleased with the deal.
Tried one of the forum vendors and got 11% off MSRP and all incentives but the trade was $4k below the lowest local dealers.
Update.... after a long day I opened the mail today and to my surprise the Allstate Bonus Drive check for $250 arrived. The payment was directly from RAM and arrived in less than two weeks from the day I submitted the application (the confirmation email say 8-10 weeks)
I know it has been mentioned in the forums before but a reminder that this BONUS OFFER is available.

Runagun

Reaction score
Update.... after a long day I opened the mail today and to my surprise the Allstate Bonus Drive check for $250 arrived. The payment was directly from RAM and arrived in less than two weeks from the day I submitted the application (the confirmation email say 8-10 weeks)
I know it has been mentioned in the forums before but a reminder that this BONUS OFFER is available.
Awesome. I got both of mine too a few days ago... I actually was worried it'd come in some blank envelope that my bro or someone would throw it away which wasn't the case.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
Awesome. I got both of mine too a few days ago... I actually was worried it'd come in some blank envelope that my bro or someone would throw it away which wasn't the case.
When you say both what are you referring to, bonus drive and what else? Just making sure I’m not missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread