5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

dartbrooks

Reaction score
To me, a couple advantages are a no hassle order experience, and the ability to see and test drive the truck before taking delivery.

I wouldn’t take delivery of a vehicle without doing so, so buying from afar and having it shipped is a non starter.

I ordered from Craig and confirmed their non-participation for sold order protection. Would I have looked elsewhere had I known about this beforehand? I’m not sure as the dealers in my metro NY/NJ area would’ve been a PITA do deal with overall. I’m willing to roll the dice on delivery incentives for a no haggle pricing structure and taking physical delivery at the dealer before signing the paperwork. Doesn’t hurt that my chances aren’t bad given I ordered a Bighorn.
I ordered a truck from Aaron at Mark Dodge. Before I ordered, I test drove a similar truck at a local dealership. Buying from Mark Dodge saved me about $11,000 more than my local dealership, so I was fine with not being able to test drive the exact truck I ordered. I knew I liked the Ram 1500 Laramie. Bought and paid for the truck remotely. Then I did a fly and drive to bring it home. No regrets whatsoever. The truck is amazing.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gonna do the same thing. I had a great time with Aaron, but in the end, Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Aurburn (Seattle) gave me a better price. The difference was greater than the drive cost between them. Since I live in the eastern US, I'm going to have a fun road trip through the Rockies to look forward to in a new truck. Gonna plan some fun stopovers...

TheAngryOgre

Reaction score
Related question. Given we are in March and the 2022 models will be hitting the street in a few months, when the best time to get the best deal for a 2021? May or June as they are trying to clear the 2021 to make room for 2022?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Related question. Given we are in March and the 2022 models will be hitting the street in a few months, when the best time to get the best deal for a 2021? May or June as they are trying to clear the 2021 to make room for 2022?
Production is still reduced and inventory low. Normally best time is end of the calendar year but will probably be earlier this year. This past year they didn't transition to making 2021 model year trucks until towards the end of September, not sure if that is typical or if it was delayed due to covid.

You also have to consider your trade if you have one - if you wait until too many of the new model year trucks are out then your trade is one year older. I feel like I bought at the perfect time, last day of September (3rd quarter). Trade value was high and got a good dealer discount, and incentives were a little better than than now. My trade was worth $3000-4000 less if I waited until December.

chuck01835

Reaction score
Did the rebates and 0% financing go away for 1500 limiteds? Seems to have changed on the website.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey i know everyone on here is trying to get the best deals here. just wanted to urge everyone to go and check their old pokemon cards! turns out I have a card that can be worth upwards of $10,000. the last one sold for over 30k. if anyone used to collect, this could be a very quick and easy way to pay down some of the truck! sorry slightly off topic.

1614792154508.png

traveller09

Reaction score
Gonna do the same thing. I had a great time with Aaron, but in the end, Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Aurburn (Seattle) gave me a better price. The difference was greater than the drive cost between them. Since I live in the eastern US, I'm going to have a fun road trip through the Rockies to look forward to in a new truck. Gonna plan some fun stopovers...
I am in the Seattle area and geting close to ordering a truck (once I decide between a Laramie and Rebel), can you talk a little more about your experience with Bud Clary in Auburn? It sure would be great to get a good deal and good service from a local dealer but in the end I am prepared to fly and drive if needed.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I am in the Seattle area and geting close to ordering a truck (once I decode between a Laramie and Rebel), can you talk a little more about your experience with Bud Clary in Auburn? It sure would be great to get a good deal and good service from a local dealer but in the end I am prepared to fly and drive if needed.
You are lucky enough to be close to one of the two dealers known by this forum to give out great prices and service. Take advantage of it. Other people are doing fly & drive to get their trucks from him. Make contact and get a quote when you are ready.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929
[email protected]

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score

The Best Time to Buy Your Ram

This link has advice on when you are likely to get the best price on your new truck. LINK

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am in the Seattle area and geting close to ordering a truck (once I decide between a Laramie and Rebel), can you talk a little more about your experience with Bud Clary in Auburn? It sure would be great to get a good deal and good service from a local dealer but in the end I am prepared to fly and drive if needed.

You are lucky enough to be close to one of the two dealers known by this forum to give out great prices and service. Take advantage of it. Other people are doing fly & drive to get their trucks from him. Make contact and get a quote when you are ready.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929
[email protected]

@traveller09,

What Silent Bob said. ;)

I sent a couple of dozen emails out to various dealers, including Aaron and Phillip. Phillip was very responsive. (Aaron was great, too, but Phillip beat him on final pricing...by a decent amount. Not quite a grand.)

In addition to telling him Silent Bob sent you, also tell him Ken from North Carolina sent you. ;)

Follow the advice Silent Bob has upstream (OP?). The sales managers/internet managers will do far more for you than a floor salesman. Let them know you're serious: that you're going to buy a truck and that it's up to them to get your business. A sample letter is included in that OP.

Good luck!

Ken

ceefiore

Reaction score
DE69FA18-4073-4C26-8668-2CF2B6BF92D2.png so now ram is giving a total rebate of 4,250 with 0%interest? or am i retarded?

TravisJ

Reaction score
View attachment 84524 so now ram is giving a total rebate of 4,250 with 0%interest? or am i retarded?

That looks like if you took incentives and financed through Chrysler, no 0%. For me if I click on 0% I keep the national $2,500, national $500 for financing, and $1,000 for Midwest financing. I lose the $1,250 national one.

Of course this stuff varies so much by area, can't really tell by your picture what exactly that offer is for.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I was told I'd lose a $500 rebate/incentive if I went with the "free" money.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the current incentives on the Rebel? I am looking to order a new truck for the 1st time and want to have all my ducks in a row when I go in. I am in Michigan if that matters. All I can seem to find is the standard BS on Rams site for "up to 6k" but I know that's limited to the bighorn I'm sure.

Also, I recently found this site and it is amazing, thank's to everyone that have put so much time into all the great information here.

DanoUF

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the current incentives on the Rebel? I am looking to order a new truck for the 1st time and want to have all my ducks in a row when I go in. I am in Michigan if that matters. All I can seem to find is the standard BS on Rams site for "up to 6k" but I know that's limited to the bighorn I'm sure.

Also, I recently found this site and it is amazing, thank's to everyone that have put so much time into all the great information here.
Looks like $1500 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread