5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
Customer Preferred Package 27M Technology Group $1,095 Head–Up Display Rear–View Auto–Dimming Digital Display Mirror LED Center High–Mounted Stop Lamp Body–Color Bumper Group $195 Limited Level 1 Equipment Group $2,995 Pedestrian / Cyclist Emergency Braking 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go Lane Keep Assist Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop Ventilated Rear Seats Surround–View Camera 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio $95 Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine $200 48–Volt Belt Starter Generator Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof $1,495 33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Polish/Painted Wheels w/ Inserts $2,095 285/45R22XL BSW All–Season Tires Trailer Brake–Controller $295 Destination Charge $1,695
Truck finally came in, I Love it. A couple dealers called me today to see if I was still interested in getting a truck. It was comedy I was driving this guy while they called. Lol

DanoUF

Reaction score
20210226_164419.jpg
Picked up my truck yesterday from Craig at Koons.
MSRP was $74470,
invoice was $69632.
The discount was 6.5% below invoice (tread lightly and the $1000 for using Chrysler Capitol) which came out to $65105.
I got $4000 in rebates which brought the price down to $61105 (I had $1000 bonus cash code, $1500 rebate, $500 CC, $500 Military, and $500 Presidents day cash.)
Koons dealer fee is high at $899
So I ended up at a little over $62000 before TTL (~17%)

I will say I was a little concerned going w/ Koons. I've seen a lot of great comments about Craig, but their finance department has not gotten the greatest of marks. In the stories i've read they seem dismissive, disrespectful and bullying. I didn't get any of that yesterday. Leo (FM) did try to sell me on the warranty, but they went straight to the MOPAR warranty, no 3rd party BS. He couldn't match Zeiglers, but got within a couple hundred so I went ahead and bought it from them. I literally had the quote up on my phone before I walked in and that helped.

I'm sure I could have gotten a slightly better deal through Mark Dodge, but I live within spitting distance of Koons, so I saved on airfare, gas and the mileage I would put on the truck just getting back so I think it all came out about even.

Nova90

Reaction score
Aaron from Mark Dodge just priced out my build. He has been extremely responsive and easy to work with.

MSRP = $60,865
Invoice = $57,093
Employee Price = $54,438
Selling Price = $53,517 (12.1% off MSRP)

I can lock in rebates of $2,000 ($1,500 Nat'l Retail Consumer Cash + $500 Chrysler Capital Financing) or whatever is lower at delivery.
About 12.1% off MSRP and 6.3% off invoice.

I am inquiring about if the 0% can be secured as well.

For some reason, these Rebels just don't discount the same as some of the other models people have mentioned. Don't know if it is worth waiting to see if the rebates increase in March?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned earlier that you don't tax rebates when calculating your costs. My response is...that depends. Many states require that taxes be paid on rebates. Florida is one of those states. Louisiana isn't. I like the way Mark Dodge filled out the paperwork because Florida DMV couldn't figure out the discount vs rebate costs, so they charged taxes based on sale price. That's all they had.

It's been mentioned many times that you don't include taxes on your discount percentage, but when verifying a price offer from the dealer, you might find a discrepancy in pricing if you do/don't tax rebates. That could be a couple hundred dollars.

The *Out The Door* price is what matters most to each individual. For the purposes of this thread in determining percentage off we need the following. MSRP and what you paid including all dealer add-ons and fees, minus all government required taxes fees. Do not include any trade in.

The reason for this is because each areas has its own government required taxes and fees. All other pricing is controlled by the dealer and factory.

All other information including trade-in is useful but not part of percentage off.

Chuck19

Reaction score
For those from Florida, I still highly recommend Lakeland Ram -
Couldn't be happier with my Ram Limited (Just had my first road trip to St Pete in it)
They're still doing 7% off invoice plus rebates/incentives on delivery. One of the best, if not the best promo in the country.
I'll be more than glad to share who I worked with if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM.
I reached out to them but Aaron beat their pricing pretty easily. Maybe its because I was getting a Longhorn instead of a Limited, not sure. Would love to have stayed local but the deal I got from Aaron was just too good. Glad you got a good deal and are enjoying your truck.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Aaron from Mark Dodge just priced out my build. He has been extremely responsive and easy to work with.

MSRP = $60,865
Invoice = $57,093
Employee Price = $54,438
Selling Price = $53,517 (12.1% off MSRP)

I can lock in rebates of $2,000 ($1,500 Nat'l Retail Consumer Cash + $500 Chrysler Capital Financing) or whatever is lower at delivery.
About 12.1% off MSRP and 6.3% off invoice.

I am inquiring about if the 0% can be secured as well.

For some reason, these Rebels just don't discount the same as some of the other models people have mentioned. Don't know if it is worth waiting to see if the rebates increase in March?
You can lock in the 0% because he just set mine up yesterday. Also you can lock in the rebates for February as well and whatever month the truck is delivered in you can choose whichever saves you the most.

Clewis08

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum,lots of great info.
Placed my order with Aaron yesterday on a 21 laramie southwest edition with light frost beige/mountain brown interior 2wd.
Very easy to deal with.
Msrp 54,395
Sale price 46,793 plus locked in rebates now or at arrival which ever is better.

Nova90

Reaction score
You can lock in the 0% because he just set mine up yesterday. Also you can lock in the rebates for February as well and whatever month the truck is delivered in you can choose whichever saves you the most.
Hmm, that's weird. Aaron told me that if I locked in the 0% financing I would lose $1,500 of the current $2,000 rebate.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum,lots of great info.
Placed my order with Aaron yesterday on a 21 laramie southwest edition with light frost beige/mountain brown interior 2wd.
Very easy to deal with.
Msrp 54,395
Sale price 46,793 plus locked in rebates now or at arrival which ever is better.
any specs on build? crew cab, 4x4 etc level 1 or level 2 group? that seems like a great deal! i tell you Aaron is absolutely killing it with sales just off this forum!

Chuck19

Reaction score
Hmm, that's weird. Aaron told me that if I locked in the 0% financing I would lose $1,500 of the current $2,000 rebate.
Just about all of my correspondence was through email so I will have to go back and look but I am pretty sure thats what was stated. Did you get Bighorn or Laramie? Maybe it has something to do with trim level?

Clewis08

Reaction score
Same as nova either 0 percent or rebates.

Just a basic build 2wd level 1 crew southwest with light frost beige/mountain brown interior is why I ordered aaron had no idea this was even an option util I called.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Same as nova either 0 percent or rebates.

Just a basic build 2wd level 1 crew southwest with light frost beige/mountain brown interior is why I ordered aaron had no idea this was even an option util I called.
Aaron you have some splaining to do lol! I could have easily misunderstood but will go back and check my emails. Sounds like a nice truck and seems to me like a good price on a laramie!

Clewis08

Reaction score
Thank you and yes I am very happy with the deal
Aaron is a great guy to do business with.
Now just the long wait is going to suck..

Chuck19

Reaction score
Aaron you have some splaining to do lol! I could have easily misunderstood but will go back and check my emails. Sounds like a nice truck and seems to me like a good price on a laramie!
I just took a look at my incentive sheet and it has been locked in for $4500 in rebates and no 0% financing. Just that $500 of the incentives is if I finance through Chrysler capital. I guess I thought that the financing would be at 0%. I wont be doing that but its not a big deal to me because I was planning on using the incentives anyways because the rebates add up to more than I would save if I did the 0% financing. Mainly because with my down payment and paying it off early (This is what I have always done) and financing through my credit union.

Clewis08

Reaction score
That is my deal as well with the large down payment I will save more with the rebates,vs the 0 %

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After some very enduring shopping of truck brands, it's fairly obvious to me the quality per dollar. Ram appears a tier above the rest. Without question the mercedes design is apparent with-in the interior build. Air (matic) suspension and control arms also mercedes inspired. Realizing this is the MSRP forum, consideration of quality per dollar is a factor.
I need to make sure peeps know that my comment is “long after the price is forgotten the quality isn’t”.

I likely “overpaid” by a couple-three grand when I bought. I don't much care 23 months later as that’s ”water under the bridge”. However if I were constantly reminded about poor quality, now that would bother me.

Nova90

Reaction score
Just about all of my correspondence was through email so I will have to go back and look but I am pretty sure thats what was stated. Did you get Bighorn or Laramie? Maybe it has something to do with trim level?
My trim is a Rebel. Aaron clarified and said we can lock in both the rebates and financing now...and figure out what is more advantageous at delivery. But, either way, it sounds like you sacrifice the 0% if you want to take the max rebate. At that point, it becomes strictly a math problem to factor in the interest rates, down payment amount, and current rebates at delivery. What I appreciate is that Aaron seems to be able to ensure the protection so that when the truck arrives, we can chose the best financial option.

He also says we might be looking at a 10-13 week from order to delivery. I just really would like mine in time for spring in order to take it on the NJ beaches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread