5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TheAngryOgre

Reaction score
Special shout out to Aaron (sales manager) and Shawn Vitto (salesman) at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La.

I custom ordered a truck through them. The first price he quoted me was below employee pricing. When we finally got the pricing this week, the price dropped a couple more hundred dollars and he went out of his way to get me some more rebates and coupons he had in stock.

When all is said and done, I got the truck for 18.7% off of MSRP. This does not include doc fees, TTL, or trade-in value. This is solely based on MSRP vs. sales price with shipping included.

MSRP: $69,350
Sale: $56,350

If you are in the south, look them up. Easy to deal with and no haggle pricing.

Mark Dodge
3777 Gerstner Memorial Dr.
Lake Charles, LA 70607

Aaron Ginsburgh - Sales Manager
(337) 474-2640 Fax: (337) 480-4472

Shawn Vittorio - salesman
(337) 438-3232

LeadWolf,

I’m a long time lurker here and just registered after deciding on a new RAM truck to replace my 2012 Jeep. Based on recommendations here, I started working with Aaron at Mark Dodge last week on a new 2021 Laramie order (8-13 weeks to delivery).

MSRP: $64,425
Invoice: $59,421
Sale: $55,536

13.8% off MSRP and 6.6% off Invoice before docs, rebates and TTL. Also asked for $1,000 non-refundable deposit for the order.
I would fly to NOLA and drive it back to Maryland.

How hard did you have to work to get the addition 5 points from Aaron? Was also surprised at the non-refundable.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jenkinsinc

Reaction score
heres where im at boys. on my bh build i reached out to kristian henriksen from johnson dodge? in nj. i told her id like 7% below invoice in which she replied she couldnt do 7% at this time. i appreciate her being straight forward and honest and not trying to sway me into anything. being that shes local and not to far from me i asked what could she do and it was 2.87% under invoice. i then got in contact with aaron from mark dodge told him what i wanted and also couldnt do 7% but came back with 6.05%. but he could also lock in the rebates that i want(3k and that 0% apr).
build msrp = 57330
invoice = 53900
6.05 below invoice = 50639.05
after 3k rebate(-2500 on bh and -500 when financed through chrysler) = 47639.05 with 0% apr.
while its not a steal like ive seen people getting 20%-25% below msrp mine is 17%. its the 0% apr that i like. maths not exactly my thing but i think i got the numbers right and i think aaron might be my guy.
10k off + 0% I hope my deal works out that well. I'd say that's a win. You have effectively escaped the first and biggest year of depreciation at that price point. You could drive it for a year and get out of it even...lol

ceefiore

Reaction score
10k off + 0% I hope my deal works out that well. I'd say that's a win. You have effectively escaped the first and biggest year of depreciation at that price point. You could drive it for a year and get out of it even...lol
haha thank you. aaron from mark dodge is definitely the guy to speak to. im always edgey around negotiating esp with car salesman but aaron was upfront and made it easy and seems to be a stand up dude. he even helped me out further. if you in the market for a dodge hes the go too. looks like the mrs will be having her vaca in la haha😉. but yea BIG SHOUT OUT TO AARON FROM MARK DODGE AND BIG SHOUT OUT TO SILENT BOB FOR THE PLUG! thanks!

Runagun

Reaction score
I checked with them, but they don't have the one I want. Hydro Blue or Olive Greens with Advanced Safety Group and Pano are very rare in all 50 States.
Get a quote from them and see how the numbers are.

badvik

Reaction score
Get a quote from them and see how the numbers are.
Yes, this is what I did today. Especially since the build I want is $3-4k cheaper than a couple of similar trucks I'm looking at. Aaron was very kind but, he said, due to the chip shortage, some options like BLIS, tech and safety group are not available to order today. And it's been quite a while and no clear ideas on when it is available to order. And this would cause backlogs and extend the delivery time once it's available, I guess.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yes, this is what I did today. Especially since the build I want is $3-4k cheaper than a couple of similar trucks I'm looking at. Aaron was very kind but, he said, due to the chip shortage, some options like BLIS, tech and safety group are not available to order today. And it's been quite a while and no clear ideas on when it is available to order. And this would cause backlogs and extend the delivery time once it's available, I guess.
Just curious what is BLIS? Also I plan on contacting Aaron as well about a build. What’s the best way to communicate with him? Email or phone?

Runagun

Reaction score
Just curious what is BLIS? Also I plan on contacting Aaron as well about a build. What’s the best way to communicate with him? Email or phone?
call email or text. His number is around here.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I found a rare and well loaded Laramie from a dealer in Florida and he sent me the numbers. I haven't discussed them yet, just the first drafts. Also, I haven't decided if I go with lease or finance. But if you can share your thoughts, please?
p.s. The lease looks too high to me and I think there must be a way to bring it down.
Thank you
Yup, terrible deal.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
All the contact information is in the link in my signature. The other recommended dealer contacts as well.

WReckeR

Reaction score
BLIS = Blind Spot Information System. It's part of the Level (1,2) Equipment depending on model, or standard on the Limited.

Limited2021

Reaction score
So buying a new Limited and I a trying to run threw the numbers. I already have it on order but have not discussed price. From the paperwork it is looking like I am getting a 12.6% discount off the MSRP before any rebates if I go off of the EP price which I am assuming that means employee price. Not sure what HP and FFP are. Do you guys think this is an alright deal or should I try for more? I know the Limited's have a little different rebate and discounts so I am wondering what your thoughts are. I will not be going to any other dealers due some personal reasons so that really isn't an option.

Attachments

• Quote.jpg
    Quote.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
So buying a new Limited and I a trying to run threw the numbers. I already have it on order but have not discussed price. From the paperwork it is looking like I am getting a 12.6% discount off the MSRP before any rebates if I go off of the EP price which I am assuming that means employee price. Not sure what HP and FFP are. Do you guys think this is an alright deal or should I try for more? I know the Limited's have a little different rebate and discounts so I am wondering what your thoughts are. I will not be going to any other dealers due some personal reasons so that really isn't an option.
HB is dealer holdback.
FFP is Friends and Family Pricing

Mark Dodge in Louisiana, a benchmark in this group for factory orders, gives about 14% off MSRP, and then you can also have any rebates/incentives available at the time of delivery.

14% is, judging by most of the content in this thread, just the beginning of acceptable. Minimum acceptable.
16% is good
18% is excellent
20%+ is remarkable

Posters have seen the best discounts on Big Horns, the smallest discounts on Rebels.
Inventory is generally easier to get discounted than orders.

DTN

Reaction score
FFP is the family and friends price. EP is probably employee price.

Limited2021

Reaction score
HB is dealer holdback.
FFP is Friends and Family Pricing

Mark Dodge in Louisiana, a benchmark in this group for factory orders, gives about 14% off MSRP, and then you can also have any rebates/incentives available at the time of delivery.

14% is, judging by most of the content in this thread, just the beginning of acceptable. Minimum acceptable.
16% is good
18% is excellent
20%+ is remarkable

Posters have seen the best discounts on Big Horns, the smallest discounts on Rebels.
Thank You this is what I was looking for.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

EP is 5% below invoice plus $200 before incentives/rebates. This is the most I would pay. That would include the document fee, dealer add-ons, and anything else that is not a government fee or tax. EP is the most you should be paying if you are looking for a good deal.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score

16% is good
18% is excellent
20%+ is remarkable

To be clear for others, 14% off before incentives/rebates is very good for any model. The larger the incentives/rebates for each trim accounts for the big difference in total off MSRP. The dealer can be giving you 14% off two trucks but because of incentives the end result will be different.
Example for this month.
Big Horn 21% to 24%
Limited 17% to 19%

As far as inventory. The absolute best deals can be on trucks that they can't seem to sell or if they need to meet an end of monthly/quarterly goal. Other than that some dealers will give you a better price on a factory order rather than something they think they can sell to a "walk in" fairly soon. You will always be paying more if they are getting your truck from another dealers lot. It just depends on each dealers strategy.

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard someone say that you won't get as good a deal on the Rebels. I got 19% off MSRP on my Rebel at Mark Dodge.

Chuck19

Reaction score
So i sent my build specs to several dealers today and already heard back from Aaron at Mark Dodge.
Let me know your thoughts on the price he sent me. When i hear back from the others i will post those as well.

MSRP $56,910
Sale Price $50,264 (Before tax, rebates, fees, licensing etc)
Savings of $6,646 about 11.6% off MSRP

SInce i am in Florida if i go with them i will either have to drive their or have delivered. Either way i will have to factor that cost in compared to what my local dealers offer. 8E65F282-03A8-4E18-B360-C2FC067C5777.png

mophead

Reaction score
So i sent my build specs to several dealers today and already heard back from Aaron at Mark Dodge.
Let me know your thoughts on the price he sent me. When i hear back from the others i will post those as well.

MSRP $56,910
Sale Price $50,264 (Before tax, rebates, fees, licensing etc)
Savings of $6,646 about 11.6% off MSRP

SInce i am in Florida if i go with them i will either have to drive their or have delivered. Either way i will have to factor that cost in compared to what my local dealers offer. View attachment 83824
How did you get this build sheet? Is this what Mark Dodge sent you?

Chuck19

Reaction score
How did you get this build sheet? Is this what Mark Dodge sent you?
Yes! I just emailed Aaron with all the features that i wanted after i built it myself on the ram site and sent him that information. He had it back to me in about 3 or so hours. Pretty quick compared to the 4 others i emailed and still have not gotten a response back. Not sure if this is a good deal though because i dont have anything to compare it to.

Users who are viewing this thread