5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Shanethism

Reaction score
On orders 7% off invoice plus incentives/rebates is about the best deal atm in Florida.
AK103, do you work for any dealers? I agree its a decent discount, but I've read about better deals although most are from some time in the past year or so, and some I haven't seen the paperwork so not sure they are legit deals.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I custom ordered my Limited.

7% off invoice. Plus rebates and incentives on delivery.

I ended up with 3K incentives and 0% for 60 months.
AK,
Who was your dealer? On a $72K truck, 7% below invoice is about 15%, and the additional $3000 brings you down to about 19% off. The 0% financing is worth over $4000 by itself. I haven't known dealers to offer that steep of a discount AND 0%. When did you get that deal? The key for me would be the 0% on top.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I have another individual on the HD site with the trigger half pulled, but I understand 3 may not be enough to move the needle so to speak. I'll email around as well and see what I can find out from the few that have already quoted my build at a reasonable number.
I only have input at this point from Emily at Culpeper. She's a little bit thorny to work with, but I have been pressing her too. I am waiting to hear back from Ourisman, who gave the good deal to the original poster who started this conversation. I have an automated reply from a form email yesterday, but no live person yet.

Playing devil's advocate, if the deal hurts the dealer on just one truck, it's going to hurt 3X+ worse on a group deal. It all depends on what motivates them.

I remember when Covid hit, I think it was April?, Ram was offering $3500 in rebates. It didn't last but a month though, iirc.

AK103

Reaction score
AK103, do you work for any dealers? I agree its a decent discount, but I've read about better deals although most are from some time in the past year or so, and some I haven't seen the paperwork so not sure they are legit deals.
I do not, I'm in the medical field.

But the deal I got isn't a special one time deal.
It's a promo Lakeland runs on orders.
I can give you the sales managers contact info I dealt with.

AK103

Reaction score
I only have input at this point from Emily at Culpeper. She's a little bit thorny to work with, but I have been pressing her too. I am waiting to hear back from Ourisman, who gave the good deal to the original poster who started this conversation. I have an automated reply from a form email yesterday, but no live person yet.

Playing devil's advocate, if the deal hurts the dealer on just one truck, it's going to hurt 3X+ worse on a group deal. It all depends on what motivates them.

I remember when Covid hit, I think it was April?, Ram was offering $3500 in rebates. It didn't last but a month though, iirc.

AK,
Who was your dealer? On a $72K truck, 7% below invoice is about 15%, and the additional $3000 brings you down to about 19% off. The 0% financing is worth over $4000 by itself. I haven't known dealers to offer that steep of a discount AND 0%. When did you get that deal? The key for me would be the 0% on top.

Lakeland Ram -
I can PM you their info.
They're still running the 7% off invoice plus rebates and incentives on delivery.

The problem would be if FCA is offering 0% at time of delivery.

Also the fact Lakeland Florida is far for a lot.
There's Mark Dodge that offers a similar off in Louisiana as well.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Lakeland Ram -
I can PM you their info.
They're still running the 7% off invoice plus rebates and incentives on delivery.

The problem would be if FCA is offering 0% at time of delivery.

Also the fact Lakeland Florida is far for a lot.
There's Mark Dodge that offers a similar off in Louisiana as well.
AK,
I can assume there will always be $1500 in rebates. But another $1500, AND the 0%, that's $5500 or more that we'd gamble for. You really got lucky with the 0%.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive", have it shipped, or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge is offering members of this forum great pricing.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]

WReckeR

Reaction score
Hey WReckeR,

I don't have transparency with what rebates were included unfortunately. I am not first responder or military. My discussions were focused on my 'out the door price' and was not concerned how they got there. The only requirement they put on me is that I finance through Chrysler to get the 'rebate', whatever it was.

I'll be completely honest, I have no clue how I stumbled into this deal. I did have a trade (2012 nissan pathfinder with 82k miles), but we agreed upon the OTD price before I even mentioned the trade. They gave me a good deal on the trade as well.

This is pretty much how it all went down:

1. Jan 3 - Saw the 'ourisman price' online (what is really low) and submitted my information. As soon as I did that I realized that price contains 'all the discounts' and thought no way I get that price

2. Jan 4 - Ourisman emails me asking me to come in and check out the car. I replied and said, thanks, but no thanks, I made a mistake and realized that the price is loaded with all the discounts. She asks if I would still want numbers to see what I could get and said 'sure, why not'

3. Jan 6 - Ourisman comes back with a good OTD number, but still higher than where I wanted to be.

4. Jan 7 - Ourisman asks what OTD number I wanted

5. Jan 8 - they come back to me with that number

6. Jan 9 - I'm driving home in a new truck

this was done all over email and one call on Friday evening for me to convince myself this was for real. I had some hesitation driving 2 hours worried they would try to change things on me, but it all worked out.
So, ddocrt,

I emailed Keiri. She said the dealer protection fee is a servicing contract. Since you don't live in their service area, it was not included. The salesperson who included it in my quote must not have been aware I also don't live there.

As for the solid deal you got, she confirmed it was available on the Big Horn, but not on the Limited.

I asked her to quote, but I'm expecting it to not be favorable.

Good deals are apparently as much about timing as anything else.

WReckeR

Reaction score
These are some dealers known to give out low offers. If distance is a problem you can do a "fly & drive", have it shipped, or use the numbers to negotiate locally.
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK
Criswell in Maryland LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK

Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge is offering members of this forum great pricing.
Cell 318-792-1220 (text is great)
[email protected]
Thank you, SB. I have been in communication with Aaron. They are likely my best option, if my local dealer cannot match. I have a $1500 private offer I was hoping to use before it expires, but it doesn't look like inventory supports what I'm looking for.

Some here think the only good deals are 20%+ off. However, the circumstances to get that are like stars aligning. It isn't typical; not because the dealers are being stingy or the customer isn't savvy enough. Rather, it's a combination of programs for us and incentives/strategies at the dealer. The ideal situation for me would be a Mark Dodge order, and 0% financing when it arrives. But we cannot predict when that will be offered.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you, SB. I have been in communication with Aaron. They are likely my best option, if my local dealer cannot match. I have a $1500 private offer I was hoping to use before it expires, but it doesn't look like inventory supports what I'm looking for.

Some here think the only good deals are 20%+ off. However, the circumstances to get that are like stars aligning. It isn't typical; not because the dealers are being stingy or the customer isn't savvy enough. Rather, it's a combination of programs for us and incentives/strategies at the dealer. The ideal situation for me would be a Mark Dodge order, and 0% financing when it arrives. But we cannot predict when that will be offered.
I think any deal north of 15% is a very solid deal. All that you stated above is spot on my friend.

ny2az

Reaction score
l purchased my 2020 Limited msrp 64,880 on 1-6-2020 ... and paid $48,500 otd with all fees ... so l would think thats a clean 25% ... there were a few dealer ads installed that l said l was not paying for... so it was included in the deal no charge... tinted glass, wheel locks, all weather floormats, spireon they did charge me $140 l think thats a locator ... funny thing... the locator was not even in the truck when it arrived ... ohh ... the kicker... on top of the 25%... they were located in oklahoma city and delivered the truck and took my trade at no charge and lm in phoenix ...
on 1-4-21... l upgraded to a new 2021 limited with an msrp of $70,885 and only paid $6,133.72 out the door with all fees ... so l would think thats a clean 25% upgrading to a new 21' Ram with higher msrp for basically the msrp differences ....

paid $48,500 , had for exactly 1 year ... 8,000 miles and they gave me $52,000 trade price ... not many drive around for a year and sell it for more ... l guess right place right time deal ...

Attachments

• 20 ram.jpg
    20 ram.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 2021 RAM DEAL.jpg
    2021 RAM DEAL.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
l purchased my 2020 Limited msrp 64,880 on 1-6-2020 ... and paid $48,500 otd with all fees ... so l would think thats a clean 25% ... there were a few dealer ads installed that l said l was not paying for... so it was included in the deal no charge... tinted glass, wheel locks, all weather floormats, spireon they did charge me $140 l think thats a locator ... funny thing... the locator was not even in the truck when it arrived ... ohh ... the kicker... on top of the 25%... they were located in oklahoma city and delivered the truck and took my trade at no charge and lm in phoenix ...
on 1-4-21... l upgraded to a new 2021 limited with an msrp of $70,885 and only paid $6,133.72 out the door with all fees ... so l would think thats a clean 25% upgrading to a new 21' Ram with higher msrp for basically the msrp differences ....

paid $48,500 , had for exactly 1 year ... 8,000 miles and they gave me $52,000 trade price ... not many drive around for a year and sell it for more ... l guess right place right time deal ...
I'm sorry...but, didn't you already tell us all of this somewhere in this long thread a few times before :unsure:

ny2az

Reaction score
I'm sorry...but, didn't you already tell us all of this somewhere in this long thread a few times before :unsure:
YES,..
l see comparisons of % off msrp and wanted to chime in on that as well,.. on last post l think l just mentioned upgrading to a new truck for the difference

Lrpilot

Reaction score

Unless my math sucks, you didn’t get 25% off MSRP for your 2021 deal. The MSRP was $70,855 and the dealer discounted it by $8911 for a price of $61,944. Then you got $4500 in rebates bringing the price to $57,444. That’s the price before your trade, taxes and other fees. That reflects a discount of 19%. Still a good deal but it’s not 25% off MSRP.

ny2az

Reaction score
Unless my math sucks, you didn’t get 25% off MSRP for your 2021 deal. The MSRP was $70,855 and the dealer discounted it by $8911 for a price of $61,944. Then you got $4500 in rebates bringing the price to $57,444. That’s the price before your trade, taxes and other fees. That reflects a discount of 19%. Still a good deal but it’s not 25% off MSRP.
l see your math ... based on that your correct ... l was figuring if a dealer wants to over allow a trade to make up dealer discount ... end result is the same ... money out of pocket

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Looks like they also added a $299 Doc & Admin Fee as well for a total of $57,743. This would be a discount of 18.54% off MSRP. As you stated "still a good deal".

HawkJay

Reaction score
New to the forum. Switching nameplates. From my 1999 GMC sierra. Any negotiating suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Looking to order a 2021 Laramie. Willing to travel. Live in Arizona. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread