5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

yosh bagosh

Reaction score
From what has been said in previous posts, you do not have to wait to refinance regardless of what the dealer tells you. They just want their kickback from jacking up your rate and they don’t get it if you refi before 60 days but it doesn’t affect you.

Thank you, that's exactly why I mentioned it. I thought it was fishy when she said it was 1 year when I sat down then switched to 4 months when I left.

cowboy99

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and picked up the new Laramie over the weekend. It was a 400 mile trip to the dealer but they were $2000 less than any other dealer I could find so definitely worth the time and effort. What a nice ride! It'll take some time to figure out all the tech and get it setup the way I want it but so far I've been very impressed!

MSRP $59,410
Sale Price $47,627
Doc fee $125

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and picked up the new Laramie over the weekend. It was a 400 mile trip to the dealer but they were $2000 less than any other dealer I could find so definitely worth the time and effort. What a nice ride! It'll take some time to figure out all the tech and get it setup the way I want it but so far I've been very impressed!

MSRP $59,410
Sale Price $47,627
Doc fee $125
Congratulations.
The owner's manual is about 700 pages. It took me a while to set things up the way I like it.
Best of luck.

ram0686

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently working with a dealer in NY for a 2019 1500 Big Horn Classic. just curious what you guys would have to say about this. I was a slightly skeptical about the rebate number with the numbers you guys have been posting about and wondering if they're about to start playing games when I sit down at the finance desk. another $1000 is actually added on with a trade in. Final OTD price of about $40,400.

Seems high to me.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Assuming I've got the cash, is there any reason I couldn't finance through Chrysler Capital for the rebate, and then immediately turn around and pay the truck off? Just making sure there isn't some prepayment penalty or anything like that.

Paultg

Reaction score
Assuming I've got the cash, is there any reason I couldn't finance through Chrysler Capital for the rebate, and then immediately turn around and pay the truck off? Just making sure there isn't some prepayment penalty or anything like that.
Typically there is no penalty for pre-payment, but you should really confirm with the FCA paperwork to make sure.
We (on this forum) answer a lot of questions on here; in generally answers are correct, but in order to really know for sure always check the fine print of your actual loan paperwork.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
So salesman finally sent over the Final Buyers paperwork to me. Got $2000 of Rebates but $500 is contingent on financing with CC. The Rates are outrageous though. Over 6% for 72 months! I decided to lose the $500 and finance with my local FCU. They are offering 3.5% for 72 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Update:
So salesman finally sent over the Final Buyers paperwork to me. Got $2000 of Rebates but $500 is contingent on financing with CC. The Rates are outrageous though. Over 6% for 72 months! I decided to lose the $500 and finance with my local FCU. They are offering 3.5% for 72 months

Glad to hear! Are you military or have any military affiliation through family? If so, Navy Federal Credit Union is offering 2.29 for 72. The link is below to see if you qualify for membership.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:

FWIW, you can take the Chrysler financing and $500 discount.... then refinance with your bank of preference immediately afterwards.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Update:

Did they try to add the destination charge back in?

tom318

Reaction score
Finally giving in and going ahead with a 2021 Laramie ecodiesel order. First time ordering but the sales guy is very transparent and I’m comfortable with the price. Obviously have no idea what rebates is any will be available at the time it arrives but let’s hope so. Just curios from other that have order, I basically left the dealer with nothing but the build sheet and the price hand written at the bottom. He said he will call me tomorrow to take the deposit ($500) and then the truck will be ordered on Thursday. He wanted to take tomorryto run my credit and get back to me. Msrp $64865 on a pretty loaded truck, dealer discount only with no rebates, $57397. Invoice( FWP price on sheet $59842) and HB of $1895 which they gave me+ $550. I can list options if anyone cares. Level 2 package came down to $3995 for 2021. I could not add the new powerfold tow mirrors with sport pack as of now. And they were about $500 and not part of the trailer tow group which was another $995 (didn’t add). Hoping there is at least $1500 in rebates or coupons I can find by the time it’s here!

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Finally giving in and going ahead with a 2021 Laramie ecodiesel order. First time ordering but the sales guy is very transparent and I’m comfortable with the price. Obviously have no idea what rebates is any will be available at the time it arrives but let’s hope so. Just curios from other that have order, I basically left the dealer with nothing but the build sheet and the price hand written at the bottom. He said he will call me tomorrow to take the deposit ($500) and then the truck will be ordered on Thursday. He wanted to take tomorryto run my credit and get back to me. Msrp $64865 on a pretty loaded truck, dealer discount only with no rebates, $57397. Invoice( FWP price on sheet $59842) and HB of $1895 which they gave me+ $550. I can list options if anyone cares. Level 2 package came down to $3995 for 2021. I could not add the new powerfold tow mirrors with sport pack as of now. And they were about $500 and not part of the trailer tow group which was another $995 (didn’t add). Hoping there is at least $1500 in rebates or coupons I can find by the time it’s here!
11.5% off MSRP and the truck has not even been produced yet!? Not too bad. Plus future rebates. Could you please list the options you got?

dmax4me

Reaction score
That's very close to the one I plan on ordering soon. I want the MFT though. I would be interested in seeing the list of options.

tom318

Reaction score
That's very close to the one I plan on ordering soon. I want the MFT though. I would be interested in seeing the list of options.
I wanted the MFT as well but after really thinking about what I’ll use the truck for (1st pickup) I don’t think I’ll use it as much as I’d want and this thing is already $$$$. So saving another 1k sounded better at this point. That gate is nice though. Also, Saturday olive green was not an available color, today it was if anyone cares. Dealer also wouldn’t place the order yesterday, said they will only special order trucks on weekdays. Not sure if anyone has heard that before. Everything seems to easy so far so I’m hoping they aren’t just gettin me excited and then taking me for a ride later once it arrives.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they try to add the destination charge back in?

No. Destination was in the selling price already... But I ordered this truck in March. Think things changed with their pricing since.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
No. Destination was in the selling price already... But I ordered this truck in March. Think things changed with their pricing since.

Ok good. I didn’t think Koons was trying to add it back in, I think it was a different dealer. I agree things may have changed. My window sticker does show the destination charge as ”included” in the MSRP. However on RAM’s website it has a little number by the MSRP price. I clicked on it and a window pops up. It appears now that the MSRP no longer “includes” the destination charge.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
B7DDC8F1-0CA6-4726-9F51-A436FE2D8AAF.png

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question. Can you negotiate pricing on a rebel ( im going to guess that ordering one is a differentanimal all together)? Can you still aim for 85-90% of the MSRP tag?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread