5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Eddie

Reaction score
Picked up my Ram today @ Koons in Va. Ordered it March 5th.

MSRP $74,250
Selling Price $ $62,479 Less $2,000 incentives,
Final Price $60,429 plus tax, reg $300 and Dealer fee $799
0% for 36 months

Limited, 3.0 Turbo Diesel, Black Apperance (i hate chrome), Trailer Tow, Level 1, 33 Gal tank, Anti Spin, Dual Function Tailgate, Cold Weather,

Attachments

• IMG_9365.jpg
    IMG_9365.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 64

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Ram1981

Reaction score
Picked up my Ram today @ Koons in Va. Ordered it March 5th.

MSRP $74,250
Selling Price $ $62,479 Less $2,000 incentives,
Final Price $60,429 plus tax, reg $300 and Dealer fee $799
0% for 36 months

Limited, 3.0 Turbo Diesel, Black Apperance (i hate chrome), Trailer Tow, Level 1, 33 Gal tank, Anti Spin, Dual Function Tailgate, Cold Weather,
How were you able to get 0% for 36 .

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Can anyone explain exactly what the TreadLightly discount is or how it works?

Ive got two dealers offering similar discounts but one includes me signing up for TreadLightly and the other doesn’t. The one that doesn’t says any additional discounts would be in addition to what they’ve offered.

This is for an ordered truck.

Paultg

Reaction score
Can anyone explain exactly what the TreadLightly discount is or how it works?

Ive got two dealers offering similar discounts but one includes me signing up for TreadLightly and the other doesn’t. The one that doesn’t says any additional discounts would be in addition to what they’ve offered.

This is for an ordered truck.
It’s an additional 1% off MSRP. The membership is $100.
I signed up and they send you some paperwork. You have to wait 30-days to do an additional FCA setup. Then you present this info to the dealer during delivery. This is what my membership email says:
Membership Level: Individual: $100.00

Original Join Date: June 17, 2020

Membership Expiration: June 17, 2021

Membership Status: New

Tread Lightly! Membership Number:

FCA Affiliate Rewards Program Active 30 days after original join date for $100 Individual Members

Dear Paul,

On behalf of the Tread Lightly! team, I’d like to thank you for becoming a member. Your membership dollars help us fund new educational materials, Tread Trainer courses, and stewardship projects on our favorite trails, forests and parks. Your commitment to Tread Lightly! will help us grow our reach and keep access open for future generations.

Want to get more involved? Apply for a stewardship grant, take our online awareness course or plan a Tread Trainer course, volunteer for a project, and take some time to learn about the T.R.E.A.D. principles and how to minimize your impact outdoors with our recreation tips. You can find more information on all of these programs at treadlightly.org.

Below you will find an overview of your membership benefits and discount details and how to use them.

Thank you,

Mandy Signature 2109

Mandy Craft, Membership Manage

$100 Member Benefits
  • Tread Lightly! Annual Membership Decal
  • Eligibility to apply for a stewardship grant
  • Tread Lightly! Annual Member Shirt
  • Up to $100 rebate from Discount Tire: see card in packet for details
  • 20% member discount off Tread Lightly! online store: Use code 20TL20 at checkout
  • 20% discount off OutdoorX4 subscription and online store: Use code treadlightly2020 at outdoorx4.com checkout
  • 25% off Shear Comfort Custom Seat covers use code TREADLIGHTLY20
FCA Affiliate Rewards:
You are eligible to receive the FCA Affiliate Rewards Program Preferred Price (1% below factory invoice) on the purchase of lease of most new Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodger, SRT and Fiat vehicles. To activate this:

• Visit FCAUSAffiliates.com or call 888-444-4321 to obtain your Control Number. You’ll need the Tread Lightly! company code: M99138
  • Take your Control Number and this letter as proof of membership to a participating FCA Affiliate dealership. You must have your membership letter to get this discount. Please note that new members will have to wait 30 days after join date to be eligible.

TAL2GK

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. What isn't clear is if that 1% is on top of additional discounts. Right now, both offers are already well under invoice. I want to see if its different than Costco member pricing, for instance. I'm already getting better than Costco member pricing, so there would be no point of applying the Costco membership. I hope that makes sense. I'll gladly sign up for TreadLightly for an ADDITIONAL 1%, but if its just getting me where I already am, there would be no point.

I'm also trying to look at these offers on even ground against one another to be fair to the competing dealers.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. What isn't clear is if that 1% is on top of additional discounts. Right now, both offers are already well under invoice. I want to see if its different than Costco member pricing, for instance. I'm already getting better than Costco member pricing, so there would be no point of applying the Costco membership. I hope that makes sense. I'll gladly sign up for TreadLightly for an ADDITIONAL 1%, but if its just getting me where I already am, there would be no point.

I'm also trying to look at these offers on even ground against one another to be fair to the competing dealers.

If I recall correctly, you ordered from Carl at Criswell? So how I believe it would work is you'd get and additional 1% off MSRP. Since you ordered a Laramie, I believe Carl's discount is 11% off MSRP, so with Tread Lightly, you'd get 12% off MSRP.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, you ordered from Carl at Criswell? So how I believe it would work is you'd get and additional 1% off MSRP. Since you ordered a Laramie, I believe Carl's discount is 11% off MSRP, so with Tread Lightly, you'd get 12% off MSRP.

That sounds about right. Except I thought Carl offered 12% on the Laramies? Or maybe that's only for the 2020 models. Plus of course you get 1% for tread lightly.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Except I thought Carl offered 12% on the Laramies? Or maybe that's only for the 2020 models. Plus of course you get 1% for tread lightly.

Yeah, perhaps it was 12% off for the 2020's. It looks like his information page linked below has been updated, so maybe the discount decreased for the 2021 MY.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
It’s an additional 1% off MSRP. The membership is $100.
I signed up and they send you some paperwork. You have to wait 30-days to do an additional FCA setup. Then you present this info to the dealer during delivery. This is what my membership email says:
Actually, I don't think you have to wait 30 days for the FCA set up, you just can't use the discount for the first 30 days of becaming a member. I was able to get my control number from FCA within a couple of days. Once your order comes in (which will probably be in a couple of months anyway), then you take your membership letter along with your FCA control number to the dealership.

Paultg

Reaction score

I also ordered from Carl at Criswell. My 2020 Laramie is 13% off MSRP, 1% off MSRP for tread lightly, - rebates from FCA, + dealer fee. It looks like the deals for the 2021s are a bit different.

Paultg

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think you have to wait 30 days for the FCA set up, you just can't use the discount for the first 30 days of becaming a member. I was able to get my control number from FCA within a couple of days. Once your order comes in (which will probably be in a couple of months anyway), then you take your membership letter along with your FCA control number to the dealership.
O maybe I miss read it. I plan to get my control number soon. I am expecting the truck to arrive in early August. Supposed to ship from Michigan on 7/21.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I havent ordered from anyone yet. That may change by the end of the day.
Yeah, I will probably go with Carl next week once I finally lock the down the options I am wanting on a 2021 Laramie. Costco Auto already has "Build Vehicle" feature for the 2021 Ram 1500s but I don't see the new advanced tech group (ADG) or the new trailer tow group (AHC).

Venom700

Reaction score
I also ordered from Carl at Criswell. My 2020 Laramie is 13% off MSRP, 1% off MSRP for tread lightly, - rebates from FCA, + dealer fee. It looks like the deals for the 2021s are a bit different.
1% off invoice and 1% off MSRP and being mixed and matched in this thread. Giving an additional 1% off MSRP is a lot more than the claimed 1% off invoice for TreadLightly. Others are also mixing apples to oranges with the % off from dealers when ordering by changing invoice to MSRP; 8% off invoice is a WAY better deal than 8% off MSRP (about $5,500 difference OTD without factoring in rebates or other add ons).

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
1% off invoice and 1% off MSRP and being mixed and matched in this thread. Giving an additional 1% off MSRP is a lot more than the claimed 1% off invoice for TreadLightly. Others are also mixing apples to oranges with the % off from dealers when ordering by changing invoice to MSRP; 8% off invoice is a WAY better deal than 8% off MSRP (about $5,500 difference OTD without factoring in rebates or other add ons).
You're absolutely right. Tread Lightly's discount is 1% off factory invoice. Plus you get 12% off MSRP from Carl. So yeah, be careful not to mix and match.

Users who are viewing this thread