5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Losing out on the $1000 rebate yes, but payment is still lower, and saving about 2k over the length of the loan still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right. But you can do all that (save $2K over the length of the loan) in addition to taking their $1,000 in rebates if you refinance.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
??

Finance at the higher rate with Chrysler. Get all rebates. Find yourself a better rate outside, should be able to find under 3%. Re-finance within 30-60 days.

Financing with Chrysler, I’m only getting a $1000 rebate... nothing more.

Husker4theSpurs

Reaction score
Husker
I found Jeff Belzer south of Minneapolis. So far they've been good to work with and I'm at $12k below MSRP on a Laramie Ecodiesel. I'm planning on picking it up this weekend. None of the Omaha or Lincoln dealers were easy to deal with and wouldn't budge from $10k off. The 7 hour drive from Lincoln is worth saving $2k. I was able to put together a deal with them in about 4 hours where I'd been dealing with the others for almost 4 weeks. It was their way or the highway so I took the highway!

Yes, I haven't had great luck with them either ... especially Baxter. They haven't treated me very well or with respect over several attempted car purchases, and honestly I'm not hard to please I don't think. Just basic courtesy stuff. That's great to hear! Would love to hear your experience with the eco-diesel!

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any fees, closing costs, etc when refinancing autos?

Paultg

Reaction score
So on the deal for the Big Horn he also put in a 500 rebate because I am buying it under a business name. He said that was available on the Laramie but when I asked for the list of rebates I qualify for, it wasn't on the list.
They should be able to show you a print out based on your zip. This is what I got. The $500 I don’t get because I’m not doing Chrysler financing.
D155E526-11E5-4652-A140-29B4CCECB29B.jpeg

Paultg

Reaction score
Are there any fees, closing costs, etc when refinancing autos?
What folks are saying is:

Day 1-maybe Day 60: get -$1000 and pay higher FCA interest rate (only for 1-2 months)
Day 61: refinance with a bank of your choice for the better loan and interest rate.

This way you get best of both worlds. Have to decide the value of your time.
For my deal, it’s only $500 for FCA financing. I’m not bothering.
For $1000 I might consider it.
For over $1000 I’d definitely consider it.
If the FCA rate was 0% I’d do it. Anything higher I would not, even if it was still less than the 2.49% I’m getting at a local credit union.
I prefer to deal with a local bank/credit union.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What folks are saying is:

Day 1-maybe Day 60: get -$1000 and pay higher FCA interest rate (only for 1-2 months)
Day 61: refinance with a bank of your choice for the better loan and interest rate.

This way you get best of both worlds. Have to decide the value of your time.
For my deal, it’s only $500 for FCA financing. I’m not bothering.
For $1000 I might consider it.
For over $1000 I’d definitely consider it.
If the FCA rate was 0% I’d do it. Anything higher I would not, even if it was still less than the 2.49% I’m getting at a local credit union.
I prefer to deal with a local bank/credit union.

Completely understand.. I just am having a hard time figuring out if it’s worth it for me.. I’m in your boat. It’s only $1000, maybe only $500 rebate... (Think the salesman f’ed up and told me it’s $1000 when I believe it’s only a $500 rebate signing with CC)

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If ^ this is the case, the rebate and refi is not significant... when I can get over 2.5% lower from the get go.

Paultg

Reaction score
If ^ this is the case, the rebate and refi is not significant... when I can get over 2.5% lower from the get go.
That doesn’t really matter since you refi so quickly you never really pay any of the higher interest rate. The rate on the FCA loan is negligible. It’s just a matter of is the -$1000 discount worth your time to refi or not.

HellaHarry

Reaction score
They should be able to show you a print out based on your zip. This is what I got. The $500 I don’t get because I’m not doing Chrysler financing.
View attachment 62227

It looks like I am getting an extra $500 rebate but not sure it's because of the business purchase. On the big horn the rebate was called on the job.

Attachments

• 06C62F5A-72F4-4143-B25B-9598536EEA55.jpeg
    06C62F5A-72F4-4143-B25B-9598536EEA55.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 8F97A1DA-907C-44D0-B5D7-F56BDB65CEBD.jpeg
    8F97A1DA-907C-44D0-B5D7-F56BDB65CEBD.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25

HellaHarry

Reaction score
That doesn’t really matter since you refi so quickly you never really pay any of the higher interest rate. The rate on the FCA loan is negligible. It’s just a matter of is the -$1000 discount worth your time to refi or not.

I've done a lot more for less

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Couple comments:

1) You can refinance the minute you get your loan number from Chrysler Capital. You DO NOT have to wait regardless of what the dealer tells you. They just want their kickback from jacking up your rate and they don’t get it if you refi before 60 days but it won’t affect you.

2) Be careful on refi. If you put no money down and roll in tax, title and license, etc. you may find that when you go to refi the vehicle is worth less than what you owe so in order to refi, you’d need cash out of pocket.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, it depends. You can definitely go below invoice with Navy Federal car buying service, USAA or even Costco auto - we're talking anywhere between $700 to $1200 below invoice depending on the model (not Rebel though). But that may not be the best deal. You may end up with a better deal if you live close to a volume dealer who can give you 10%-12% (or maybe even more!?) off MSRP plus a 1% corporate discount in which case below invoice doesn't matter since you're getting a better deal this way. But if you live far from a volume dealer, adding an additional $1700-$2000 to ship to your place will probably break even with getting a below invoice deal (excluding rebates).

Dealers I talked to and tried using the Costco buying service took away all the dealer discounts. IDK that the Costco will help

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers I talked to and tried using the Costco buying service took away all the dealer discounts. IDK that the Costco will help

That makes sense because the Costco discount ends up being equivalent to a dealer discount. You’re not going to get both. It’s the same with buyers who have a corporation code through their employer to get 1% under invoice. They’re not going to get that, a dealer discount, and manufacturer rebates/incentives. It’s just going to be the 1% under invoice and manufacturer rebates/incentives.

ckwolfe11

Reaction score
So the two-tone with the Walnut Brown on the bottom is gone? I hope they bring back the gold. I want to order a Longhorn but I'm waiting to see what the colors may change too. I have an email into Carl to see if he has any news yet.
Not sure about the 2 tone, but when the dealer showed me all the list available there were no two tone colors available & the Walnut brown was gone completely...

Users who are viewing this thread