5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you saying the 23 gallon tank listed on window stickers is in fact the same 26 gallon tank also listed on the window stickers?

Where are you seeing 26 or 23 gal tank on a window sticker? All I've seen only list the 33 Gal tank and only when its optioned

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Where are you seeing 26 or 23 gal tank on a window sticker? All I've seen only list the 33 Gal tank and only when its optioned
U R correct. I just looked at about 15 2020 BH’s, Laramies and Limiteds online, nowhere does the Mulroney list any tank capacity on the sticker and I couldn’t find an optioned 33 gallon on any of them. Did see a $50K 2020 v6 limited though, first one of those I’ve noticed for a long time.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
WHAT????????
Electrical energy in the eTorque system is stored in a 30 pound, 430 watt-hour LG Chem battery pack mounted at the rear wall of the pickup cab.

That’s the information two salesmen told me at two different dealers. The front of the 26 tank sits up close to the cab and the battery system sits in the same place against the cab with the 23 gallon behind it. That’s why that bulge is in the back of the cab on the drivers side. Not my words but theirs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judsonlimited

Reaction score
Well I walked to the Ram store and confirmed that those Salesmen were in fact full of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

i've only looked at the rebels. My original point was some window stickers say 26, without stating its been replaced with a 23 even tho it HAS...

i thought it was due to earlier builds but on here everyone says e-torque engines have ONLY ever came with a 23 gallon, as a measure to cut down on overall weight"....

Just making the point it'd be bad enuf to settle for a 26 if you REALLY wanted a 33 only to find out its REALLY only got a 23 even tho it said 26 on window sticker....

23v26.jpg

Last edited:

gf2020

Reaction score
This whole fuel tank size concern is curious to me. Say you have a 23 gallon tank and get 17 MPG on the highway. That is a range of 391 miles. At 75 MPH that will take you over 5 hours. I don't know about you guys, but I'm 54 years old and there is no way I can sit in a truck for over 5 hours. I'm going to stop and stretch my legs and go to the bathroom during that time so I may as well fill up with gas too.

Kite23

Reaction score
Should have never of read this thread, made me realize how much I overpaid for my BigHorn... lol

BowDown

Reaction score
i've only looked at the rebels. My original point was some window stickers say 26, without stating its been replaced with a 23 even tho it HAS...

i thought it was due to earlier builds but on here everyone says e-torque engines have ONLY ever came with a 23 gallon, as a measure to cut down on overall weight"....

Just making the point it'd be bad enuf to settle for a 26 if you REALLY wanted a 33 only to find out its REALLY only got a 23 even tho it said 26 on window sticker....

View attachment 58005

Theres only 2 fuel tanks available from FCA
26 Gal https://www.mymoparpart.com/p/Ram_2...-26-Gallon-Fuel-Tank/78290350/68408873AB.html
Part Number: 68408873AB
Supersession(s): 68408873AC

33 Gal https://www.mymoparpart.com/p/Ram__...MI5o_bpOfm6QIVCNbACh1I7wIoEAQYBSABEgK15vD_BwE
Part Number: 68408872AB

Attached is a pic of a Ram fuel pump, the float/fuel level sensor arm does not extend or rotate below the bottom of the fuel pump assembly. The pump intake/filter adds another 1.5"s to the bottom of assembly and rests on the bottom of the tank in about 1.5" of fuel the fuel level sensor doesn't see due to how far it rotates. I know this because I've had the unfortunate luck to change one of these pumps (same type and size and overall design for gens 3, 4 and 5). Its a 26 gallon tank that reads 23 if you fill up when the guage is on empty. If you drive past empty, long past empty, you can get 26 gallons in the tank.
Theres no 32 or 23 gal part number

Same part# for Rebel

Attachments

• s-l400[1].jpg
    s-l400[1].jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 30

Paultg

Reaction score
I’ve noticed a similar issue on the window stickers, for instance rear axle ratio. It will show 3:21 under standard and them under optional stuff it will show the optional ratio. Same thing can happen with mirrors. Will show a few lines for mirrors that make you think heated / power folding if part of a package group, then further down optional tow mirrors can be listed which do not have the same features. Really need to be careful and read the sticker closely.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
This whole fuel tank size concern is curious to me. Say you have a 23 gallon tank and get 17 MPG on the highway. That is a range of 391 miles. At 75 MPH that will take you over 5 hours. I don't know about you guys, but I'm 54 years old and there is no way I can sit in a truck for over 5 hours. I'm going to stop and stretch my legs and go to the bathroom during that time so I may as well fill up with gas too.

i can explain "my concern" in a heartbeat : ) i am 62 years old & the less times a month i have to stop at a convenience store/gas station and mingle with their gas pumps & the pleasure of paying for it, the happier i am : )

U

User_3336

you enjoy paying for a tankful of gas?

i can explain "my concern" in a heartbeat : ) i am 62 years old & the less times a month i have to stop at a convenience store/gas station and mingle with their gas pumps & the pleasure of paying for it, the happier i am : )

Boston

Reaction score
Guys: Download the Ram Catalog from their website. Just scroll all the way down the landing page.
There you’ll see depending on spec 23, 26 and 33 gallon tanks exist.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still saved a lot of depreciation, has a factory warranty left and likely has had the tsb’s and recalls done. Nothing wrong with that!
Exactly! Thank you. Even something like a 2019 with $5-10,000 miles is still going to be a great deal. The whole 0% that these manufacturers have been offering is only if you pay full MSRP price....crazy!

BowDown

Reaction score
Guys: Download the Ram Catalog from their website. Just scroll all the way down the landing page.
There you’ll see depending on spec 23, 26 and 33 gallon tanks exist.

I don't know that I trust that brochure, lots of inconsistencies like active grill shutters. From what I've read and seen active grill shutters are now only on the eco diesels. Either way, 26 gallon tank is the least of my worries

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or you may travel in very rural areas where there simply are no gas stations to fill up at. See Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

thrillracing

Reaction score
The fuel tank info is great, but not for this thread. Does anyone moderate these threads.

I tried looking on Ram’s site and can’t determine what rebates they have for a 2020 Laramie Crew 4x4 out of Oklahoma. Looks like my truck may arrive mid month and I could wait till July but just trying to firm up the total rebates in June, any help would be appreciated.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
The fuel tank info is great, but not for this thread. Does anyone moderate these threads.

I tried looking on Ram’s site and can’t determine what rebates they have for a 2020 Laramie Crew 4x4 out of Oklahoma. Looks like my truck may arrive mid month and I could wait till July but just trying to firm up the total rebates in June, any help would be appreciated.

$3000 if you finance with Chrysler Capital and $2500 if you don’t. Those are the national incentives for OK. First Responders and Military have $500 and USAA has $1000. Those are the most common TDM rebates.

thrillracing

Reaction score
$3000 if you finance with Chrysler Capital and $2500 if you don’t. Those are the national incentives for OK. First Responders and Military have $500 and USAA has $1000. Those are the most common TDM rebates.

I appreciate the info!

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Users who are viewing this thread