5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Believemeustink

Reaction score
I negotiated the price of the truck and then my trade in. I told them what I wanted out the door. Then we worked on my trade in. They had a good amount of rebates out there.

What dealership in Michigan did you go to?

GreyGoat

Reaction score
I’m glad it all worked out! Now you can fill out your signature with all of your trucks options-my special order limited is on a train and should be here any day... jealous.

Congrats, EZ

Derek had a feeling he knew who referred me to him. He said your truck was on order and you were using this site to track it's progress. I'd hit him up for the referral bonus!

Jello0123

Reaction score
Just signed on the dotted line this morning. After much research (especially on this forum) and talking to many dealerships, finally found one that didn't haggle over the deal (non-commissioned sales reps).

On order:
4x4 Limited CC 5'7" bed
eTorque
Granite Silver
Body Color Bumper
3.92 axle
Sumroof
33 gallon tank
22" rims
Level 1 Equipment
Trailer Brake Control
Anti Spin Diff

MSRP $69,145
$63,172 Invoice
$58,300 Sale Price
$2,500 Rebates (today)
$3,678 TTL

$59,478 OTD

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just signed on the dotted line this morning. After much research (especially on this forum) and talking to many dealerships, finally found one that didn't haggle over the deal (non-commissioned sales reps).

On order:
4x4 Limited CC 5'7" bed
eTorque
Granite Silver
Body Color Bumper
3.92 axle
Sumroof
33 gallon tank
22" rims
Level 1 Equipment
Trailer Brake Control
Anti Spin Diff

MSRP $69,145
$63,172 Invoice
$58,300 Sale Price
$2,500 Rebates (today)
$3,678 TTL

$59,478 OTD

Great price and congrats. What dealer? The limited currently has the 1500 factory rebate, are you also getting the 1000 conquest truck rebate? Any doc/dealer fee?

KryptonMan

Reaction score
Anyone else get a true car $500 rebate when you sign up ? I signed up last week put my info and what I was looking for in their system. Of course I get a couple of annoying calls from dealers that I screened. But Today I got an email with a coupon code for $500 off thats good through 11/14.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else get a true car $500 rebate when you sign up ? I signed up last week put my info and what I was looking for in their system. Of course I get a couple of annoying calls from dealers that I screened. But Today I got an email with a coupon code for $500 off thats good through 11/14.
Yes, it’s a TDM. It’s not combinable with the pennfed 1000 certificate, a FCA direct mailer or the sams club 500 certificate. But a great additional 500 bucks! Just need to take delivery before it expires.

xo151

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a TDM. It’s not combinable with the pennfed 1000 certificate, a FCA direct mailer or the sams club 500 certificate. But a great additional 500 bucks! Just need to take delivery before it expires.

I totally forgot I had this as well and signed an offer price on truck my dealer had to locate (so I haven't taken possession of the car yet). I've only put down a deposit so far - will the dealer that the additional $500 and put it towards the down payment or something? I guess I'll have to go back and talk to them about this.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I totally forgot I had this as well and signed an offer price on truck my dealer had to locate (so I haven't taken possession of the car yet). I've only put down a deposit so far - will the dealer that the additional $500 and put it towards the down payment or something? I guess I'll have to go back and talk to them about this.
They should honor the certificate. They don’t lose anything when they take credit for a certificate number.

KryptonMan

Reaction score
Considering I am not a veteran farmer who take night classes at college and whose wife works for the government and has a real estate business and a construction business on the side along with a 600 credit score I am happy I got this one.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Considering I am not a veteran farmer whose wife works for the government and has a real estate business and a construction business on the side along with a 600 credit score I am happy I got this one.
I think truecar started it about two weeks ago for the 500 and it’s advertised. I know randomly Truecar also sends a certificate number. Last year I received a 1000 truecar from Jeep but didn’t use it. Was hoping the Ram 1000 showed up one of these days before delivery! lol

Smoot178

Reaction score
Why do they offer the 620 credit score bonus? Guessing the interest rate is through the roof...

anthtony

Reaction score
I think truecar started it about two weeks ago for the 500 and it’s advertised. I know randomly Truecar also sends a certificate number. Last year I received a 1000 truecar from Jeep but didn’t use it. Was hoping the Ram 1000 showed up one of these days before delivery! lol
Thanks for mentioning this. I just signed up with the TrueCar service and received the $500 certificate!

DSPS

Reaction score
Yeah EP pricing on that build with 1000 incentive would be ~$55,960 before taxes, titles, and fees.

I would be important for the poster to note that he also had a trade in and this complicate the below EP ‘ deal’ a bit... still could be a slamming deal, but the scenario is different.

CornTrucks

Reaction score
What kind of price differentials has everyone been seeing when they compare a custom ordered pickup vs. buying one off the lot? In the past few years when I’ve asked about it locally, it has always been a significant cost increase. Most of the new 2019 Rams around me are advertised for about $11,000 off MSRP for a Big Horn (some higher, some lower, of course). Can a custom order get discounts in that kind of ballpark?

DSPS

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn 4x4

MSRP $58,970
After rebates/dealer coupons $46,900

I got lucky and called on the last day of the month and they matched the price on a demo I saw advertised in Texas! They also gave me above KBB value and top NADA value on my trade. And they threw in the leveling kit installed ($500)! I couldn't pass it up.
THAT IVORY TWO TONE IS LIT!... AS MY TEENAGERS WOULD SAY. MAN THAT LOOKS GOOD! IF YOU GOT THE BLACK /SADDLE INTERIOR TOO... THEN I'M DONE!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
THAT IVORY TWO TONE IS LIT!... AS MY TEENAGERS WOULD SAY. MAN THAT LOOKS GOOD! IF YOU GOT THE BLACK /SADDLE INTERIOR TOO... THEN I'M DONE!
Please don't type in all caps.

weazer73

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a pricing question. I wanted a Rebel, but the dealers don't seem to be working to sell me one, plus the crappy lease rates, it seems a Rebel is out. So, I found a Bighorn that should fit what I want and I've been dealing with emails currently with the dealer, Lafontaine in Saline Michigan. Any way the pricing is as follows,
Msrp $53095
Dealer price $48342
Dealer Discount $4382
Rebates $2750
Total $45,592
This is where hes at currently. Keep in mind this is a lease, he did say that Chrysler has better rates but less rebates and ally has $7000 rebates but higher rates.

I've been on NADA and its difficult to build the truck exactly I always go over the MSRP a bit. If I do the math right off of that site Invoice should be $49,703? Hold back is $1595 Less the rebates is $45.358

He has it listed on Auto trader for $40,000 but that's with all the rebates and employee pricing. Am I missing something??? Where should I go in at for a Start number?

Keep in mind also that I have F150 on lease now that has 4 months yet, at $424, He will give me one month payment. The local Ford Dealer will take it now, no issue and another Ram dealer said they would take it no further payments. So, I'd need $1700 to cover the remaining payments or for him to take it.

I'd go around to some other dealers, but the config I want is Rare around here, Sport appearance , off road group, Level 2. Its the 2nd I've found in 150 miles and the other one is black, ugh.

Any help is appreciated.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
That first part can’t be true...based on personal experience.
I believe you may be wrong my friend. On one of the rebates/discounts it said in the fine print you had to have a credit score of 620 or less to qualify for that particular amount. I guess it is to encourage buyers who may have had bad luck in the past but are trying to get back to normal. I am sure they would look carefully at deadbeats vs people who just had a run of bad luck due to no fault of their own. Fortunately I did not come close to qualifying for that discount but to some it may just be the break they need to get a new truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you may be wrong my friend. On one of the rebates/discounts it said in the fine print you had to have a credit score of 620 or less to qualify for that particular amount. I guess it is to encourage buyers who may have had bad luck in the past but are trying to get back to normal. I am sure they would look carefully at deadbeats vs people who just had a run of bad luck due to no fault of their own. Fortunately I did not come close to qualifying for that discount but to some it may just be the break they need to get a new truck.
Maybe there are multiple versions. I scored a conquest discount with a mid-800s score (hence my comment about "personal experience").

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/