5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

gatorhwk

Reaction score
Maybe there are multiple versions. I scored a conquest discount with a mid-800s score (hence my comment about "personal experience").

inquiring minds want to know (especially me) ... how'd ya do that?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
inquiring minds want to know (especially me) ... how'd ya do that?
Maybe because I live in Texas? Not sure if it was region-specific, but I know that it wasn't contingent on a credit score. I own a GMC (per my sig), so I just had to provide evidence of that ownership.

Icecold77

Reaction score
2019 Ram Crew Cab Laramie- Sport appearance, 12 in screen, etc..
MSRP-59k
Sept 18 Factory Rebate 3k
I negotiated to 49.5K price

edub610

Reaction score
Hi everyone, starting the search. Found a local dealer with 2019 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 bunch of options, MSRP $66,175 with selling price $55,475 (before incentives). I'm wondering if this is worth pursuing and what do you all think would be a good final selling price to try to negotiate?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, starting the search. Found a local dealer with 2019 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 bunch of options, MSRP $66,175 with selling price $55,475 (before incentives). I'm wondering if this is worth pursuing and what do you all think would be a good final selling price to try to negotiate?
Great deal- where at? 55k before rebates puts you near 60219 invoice and a dealer discount of another 4700 or so. Then factory rebates on top of that? You are in a good spot.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
16% off of sticker seems like a pretty good place to start!

gatorhwk

Reaction score
16% off of sticker seems like a pretty good place to start!

No doubt! I had a dealer throw me 15% below MSRP on a Laramie without any dickering. It wasn't equiped the way I wanted but made me stop and think.

craigrh13

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a pricing question. I wanted a Rebel, but the dealers don't seem to be working to sell me one, plus the crappy lease rates, it seems a Rebel is out. So, I found a Bighorn that should fit what I want and I've been dealing with emails currently with the dealer, Lafontaine in Saline Michigan. Any way the pricing is as follows,
Msrp $53095
Dealer price $48342
Dealer Discount $4382
Rebates $2750
Total $45,592
This is where hes at currently. Keep in mind this is a lease, he did say that Chrysler has better rates but less rebates and ally has $7000 rebates but higher rates.

I've been on NADA and its difficult to build the truck exactly I always go over the MSRP a bit. If I do the math right off of that site Invoice should be $49,703? Hold back is $1595 Less the rebates is $45.358

He has it listed on Auto trader for $40,000 but that's with all the rebates and employee pricing. Am I missing something??? Where should I go in at for a Start number?

Keep in mind also that I have F150 on lease now that has 4 months yet, at $424, He will give me one month payment. The local Ford Dealer will take it now, no issue and another Ram dealer said they would take it no further payments. So, I'd need $1700 to cover the remaining payments or for him to take it.

I'd go around to some other dealers, but the config I want is Rare around here, Sport appearance , off road group, Level 2. Its the 2nd I've found in 150 miles and the other one is black, ugh.

Any help is appreciated.

I feel like you can do better than that. I got my Laramie for much cheaper than that.

edub610

Reaction score
I feel like you can do better than that. I got my Laramie for much cheaper than that.

This was what was advertised as a special on their website, which showed dealer discount + retail consumer cash + non-prime consumer cash. Not sure I qualify for many of the other rebates out there, maybe conquest since coming from non-CDJR. When I called they said they could work with me if I came in. So there's probably more savings to be had. This is on the high end of the budget, was really planning on a sub-$60k Laramie and working a deal from there.

craigrh13

Reaction score
This was what was advertised as a special on their website, which showed dealer discount + retail consumer cash + non-prime consumer cash. Not sure I qualify for many of the other rebates out there, maybe conquest since coming from non-CDJR. When I called they said they could work with me if I came in. So there's probably more savings to be had. This is on the high end of the budget, was really planning on a sub-$60k Laramie and working a deal from there.

Wait a few more days until end of Month. The thing is you know they make money when they are discounted like hell, so for them to act like they can’t discount anymore is ridiculous. I found one dealer that was much cheaper than the rest for some reason and stuck with them. They have one of their Laramie’s marked down to $37k the last I seen.

GreyGoat

Reaction score
Maybe because I live in Texas? Not sure if it was region-specific, but I know that it wasn't contingent on a credit score. I own a GMC (per my sig), so I just had to provide evidence of that ownership.
I am in Texas as well. When I went to a different dealer they seemed more than happy to honor the Conquest discount with no discussion about my credit. In the end I leased the truck so it was a mute point, but I thank you all that advised me to keep shopping and find a better dealership.

The2ndlife

Reaction score
I think you can do better than that... I have asked all the dealerships in my region to find out the best price, and once I got it I went to the dealership near by to place an order. please see attached image. as you can find, I have saved near 20% from MSRP to OTD price... $58.7k to $47.6k. 1537540357328.png

Attachments

• 1537540142376.png
    1537540142376.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 84

glennf14

Reaction score
To reiterate, assuming no trade-in is involved in the price of the truck, you should be shooting for:
INVOICE - HOLDBACK - REBATES = $$ Goal

If you get close to that goal, then you've done pretty darn good.

Others have mentioned other tactics such as "dealer coupons" and "end of the month volume goals" but both of those are tough to pin down and I haven't come across any solid/reliable information on this forum about either. That's more about timing and good luck I assume. But if you have the inside scoop please let us know!

The dealer is still gonna make some money, have you seen doc fees lately? ;)

Jello0123

Reaction score
Great price and congrats. What dealer? The limited currently has the 1500 factory rebate, are you also getting the 1000 conquest truck rebate? Any doc/dealer fee?

Shuman in Walled Lake. Talk to Jeremy if you want, he is new and hungry.
I am getting the $1,000 conquest since I have a Silverado
$125 doc fee, $47 dealer fee

Hope this helps

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you can do better than that... I have asked all the dealerships in my region to find out the best price, and once I got it I went to the dealership near by to place an order. please see attached image. as you can find, I have saved near 20% from MSRP to OTD price... $58.7k to $47.6k. View attachment 5034
Great price but have to remember the bighorn has 5500 in factory rebates right now. That’s not including conquest or a TDM.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Hope this helps
Good info. I know a couple people were looking for reliable Michigan dealers this might help them out too.

Jello0123

Reaction score
Good info. I know a couple people were looking for reliable Michigan dealers this might help them out too.
I spoke with many, this was the only one willing to deal. Non-commission representatives.

jmr

Reaction score
The MSRP was $47,745 Invoice $44,856 and the dealer was selling $340 below EP .
It worked out to be EP ($42813) - ($340) - Rebates ($4500) for $37,973.

DaYooper

Reaction score

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting your deal here. I'm in the da U.P. of Michigan and I'll be giving Jeremy a call next week to see if he can give me a similar deal on an ordered truck.

Users who are viewing this thread