5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DaYooper

Reaction score
After 30+years and 11 new GM vehicles I'm making the switch to a 2019 RAM 1500.

I can't find the exact truck I want (Limited with 6'4 box, ORG, 3.92, 33 gallon tank and no tow group) so I'm looking to place an order.

I've read through this thread about 3 times now to get some incite into pricing, but I didn't see any mention of upper Midwest dealers that are doing the 5-7% below invoice pricing in addition to the incentives. I know which GM dealers I could work with but have no experience with the FCA network. I don't really want to fly out to Idaho and drive back 2000 miles as that kind of defeats the savings.

Any suggestions from fellow Michiganders?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I can't find the exact truck I want (Limited with 6'4 box, ORG, 3.92, 33 gallon tank and no tow group) so I'm looking to place an order.

I've read through this thread about 3 times now to get some incite into pricing, but I didn't see any mention of upper Midwest dealers that are doing the 5-7% below invoice pricing in addition to the incentives. I know which GM dealers I could work with but have no experience with the FCA network. I don't really want to fly out to Idaho and drive back 2000 miles as that kind of defeats the savings.

Try:

Luke Zehr at Woodhouse automotive in Blair Ne

He was doing 6% for wranglers. Which means he will do Ram discounts too. Worth a shot but not sure how far it is from you.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try:

Luke Zehr at Woodhouse automotive in Blair Ne

He was doing 6% for wranglers. Which means he will do Ram discounts too. Worth a shot but not sure how far it is from you.

Here’s two more-

Dayton, OH
  • Aaron @ Dave Dennis Jeep
  • 5% Under Invoice

Joliet, Illinois
  • Tyson Motors
  • 6% Below Invoice (With TreadLightly or any AR number)
  • $176.94 Doc Fee
  • Shorewood, Illinois 60404
  • 815-741-5530
  • [email protected]

Last edited:

Believemeustink

Reaction score

Hello fellow Michigander, from my research I have not encountered any dealers within the immediate area that are doing 5-7% below MSRP before negotiating. I'm not saying there are absolutely none, just that I have not talk to one.

I did call and talk to Oxmoor CDJR in Louisville, Kentucky and negotiated an Laramie CC 4X4 MSRP 56K down to 44K. Also, this particular vehicle was already discounted to 46k before incentives.

If your willing to make the drive 5 hours, talk to Oxmoor...

Jello0123

Reaction score
What is a CDI voucher?

CDI stands for Certain Designated Individuals. It is the program available to Chrysler managers (I think) to offer a voucher to someone that gives employee pricing plus $200 service fee. One of the members on here is trying to get some for folks who are interested. Search for "voucher" and I'm sure you'll find him.

Jello0123

Reaction score

I see that you're up in the UP? Don't know if any around there but Shuman in Walled Lake uses non-commission sales staff. I'm in communication with them right now and so far their pricing in coming in pretty attractive.

Bas

Reaction score
After reading through this thread and other sites it seems to figure out the real cost for the dealer you take the invoice minus applicable rebates minus holdback (3% of MSRP) and then work your way up from there instead of working your way down from MSRP. To me it seems reasonable to maybe just have them have the holdback if I need to factory order one. Is that unreasonable?
I am test driving a ram tomorrow and a (gasp, I know) F-150 this weekend, the latter almost 10% under invoice (they probably had some factory incentive).
I live in Colorado and not sure what I can expect here.

Last edited:

Blallmon

Reaction score
Just completed purchase today of 2019 Ram Limited, Max Steel/Black, V8 eTorque, 22" Wheels, 3.92, Anti-slip, Level 1, color bumpers, 2 pane roof

MSRP 67500

$7290 Dealer Discount
$1500 Cash Rebate
$1000 Competitive Truck Rebate
$500 Sam's Club Rebate

$57340 + $130 Doc Fees and Filing

$57470 Final Total
+ got Cargo Divider thrown in by Dealer as incentive (tried to negotiate bed rails and Divider but they would only agree to Divider)

GreyGoat

Reaction score
Quick question from the collected wisdom here. I was negotiating a new RAM purchase yesterday and was told by the dealer I did not qualify for the Competitive Truck Rebate (I have an Avalanche) because my credit was too high. Can this be accurate? I confirmed with him twice to ensure I understood him correctly.

Additionally, I've been to 3 dealerships in the Dallas, TX area which all stopped negotiating around 1% below invoice. Any suggestions on dealers in the DFW area that are willing to do the 5-7% below that I keep seeing on this thread?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question from the collected wisdom here. I was negotiating a new RAM purchase yesterday and was told by the dealer I did not qualify for the Competitive Truck Rebate (I have an Avalanche) because my credit was too high. Can this be accurate? I confirmed with him twice to ensure I understood him correctly.

Additionally, I've been to 3 dealerships in the Dallas, TX area which all stopped negotiating around 1% below invoice. Any suggestions on dealers in the DFW area that are willing to do the 5-7% below that I keep seeing on this thread?

Never heard you aren’t eligible for a rebate because your credit is to high. Time to move on lol

Houston, TX
  • Mark Gusman @ River Oaks Jeep Ram
  • 4% Under Invoice with no processing fees(Mention Forum pricing)
  • Phone # 713.882.8150
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Only Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
  • $300 Deposit

GreyGoat

Reaction score
Never heard you aren’t eligible for a rebate because your credit is to high. Time to move on lol

Houston, TX
  • Mark Gusman @ River Oaks Jeep Ram
  • 4% Under Invoice with no processing fees(Mention Forum pricing)
  • Phone # 713.882.8150
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Only Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
  • $300 Deposit
Thank you. I thought it sounded really fishy. I'll give Mark a shout once their website comes online so I can review current inventory.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
[QUOTE="GreyGoat, post: 31087, member: 1756"

Additionally, I've been to 3 dealerships in the Dallas, TX area which all stopped negotiating around 1% below invoice. Any suggestions on dealers in the DFW area that are willing to do the 5-7% below that I keep seeing on this thread?[/QUOTE] check Meador Ram south Fort Worth - Derek Roof.

Supergumby5000

Reaction score
All of this 5, 6, 7% below invoice pricing... do dealers advertise this?

Reason I ask is I have been thinking about building out a Laramie (I cant seem to find an exact match anywhere). I'll be flying down from Alaska to get the truck so I can pretty much go to any dealer within reason. Seems it would make the most sense to find the best deal for a build truck.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All of this 5, 6, 7% below invoice pricing... do dealers advertise this?

Reason I ask is I have been thinking about building out a Laramie (I cant seem to find an exact match anywhere). I'll be flying down from Alaska to get the truck so I can pretty much go to any dealer within reason. Seems it would make the most sense to find the best deal for a build truck.

They don’t generally advertise such. They try to make money off us customers not give the profits away lol

Caldwell, ID -
  • Dennis Dillon Dodge Chrysler Jeep
  • 4025 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605
  • 208-422-4859
  • Contact - Kyle Evans
  • email: [email protected]
  • 7-8% under invoice - contingent on financing with them. 5% with independent financing.
  • $299 processing fee

Nampa, ID
  • Peterson Dodge Chrysler Jeep
  • 5801 East Gate Blvd
  • Nampa, ID 83687
  • Salesman - Kent Schurtleff
  • phone - 208-741-1289
  • email - [email protected]
  • 8%-13% under invoice pricing
  • financing goes through dealer
  • $299 processing fee

kel

Reaction score
How do you go about getting invoice pricing? Do you just ask for the invoice? Do they have invoice pricing for ordered trucks?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That first part can’t be true...based on personal experience.

coolhub

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this deal:
2019 Limited 4x4, black/black, 20x9 wheels, level 1 equipment, 3.92 axle, anti spin, bed utility group, trailer brake control.
MSRP $63,555

discount $8,299
rebate $2,500
doc fee $129.00

tax(no trade in) $1,863
$54,490 OTD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/