5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Come to Texas. They are doing some with about $8-10k off MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpetty

Reaction score
While there may not be a lot of cost difference between a loaded Laramie Longhorn, and a Limited - there are some standard features on the Limited that you may - or may not - feel are worth that. I specifically do not want power steps or air suspension - and would not want a Limited at even the SAME price as a Longhorn. It's personal preference.

4x4Rebel

Reaction score
2019 Rebel

MSRP 59800
Negotiated 48800
Trade equity OTD 46300 after TTL

Rebel with
Customer Preferred Package 25W
Rebel 12A $2,495
Luxury Leather–Trimmed Bucket Seats 4–Way Power Front Passenger Lumbar Adjust 8–Way Power Driver and Front Passenger Seats SiriusXM® with 360L 5–Year SiriusXM® Traffic Ser 9–Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer HD™ Radio
SiriusXM Guardian™ Connected Services w/1–Yr Trial SiriusXM® Traffic Plus SiriusXM® Travel Link Uconnect® 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display Level 2 Equipment Group $3,000 115–Volt Auxiliary Rear–Power Outlet 8.4–Inch Touchscreen Display
A/C Auto Temperature Control w/ Dual Zone Control Apple CarPlay® Media Hub–2 USB, Full Function / Charge Only Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals Google Android Auto™ Heated Front Seats Heated Steering Wheel
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop Power Adjustable Pedals
Power–Folding Mirrors (N/A w/Trailer–Tow Mirrors) Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers Rear Under–Seat Compartment Storage Rear Window Defroster
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry Remote–Start System Single–Disc Remote CD Player
Universal Garage–Door Opener 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine $1,395
Panoramic Sunroof $1,495 Rear Wheelhouse–Liners $195 33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445 Blind–Spot with Cross–Path Detection $595 Trailer Brake Control $295

I'm loving this truck.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
While there may not be a lot of cost difference between a loaded Laramie Longhorn, and a Limited - there are some standard features on the Limited that you may - or may not - feel are worth that. I specifically do not want power steps or air suspension - and would not want a Limited at even the SAME price as a Longhorn. It's personal preference.

Ain't it great? I love (but sometimes hate) that there are a million ways to order a truck! You can get one to suit your own personal needs/wants. Personally, for me the air suspension and power running boards were must-have. The Limited trim level was also must-have, just for the standard stuff it comes with. The only option I didn't get that I will probably get on my next truck is the RAM boxes (assuming this truck can go 40k without needing major work, unlike my last 2 trucks - ugh), and be painted blue. I love this one for now though :D

-John

direwolf

Reaction score
The dealer I went to quoted $36044 for a Big Horn/Lone star with MSRP of 51500. Sounds like a great price based on what I read in this forum. Then I asked the manufacturing date for the truck. I was told July 2018. This dealer claims to be a volume dealer. I don't understand why he has something sitting in his lot for more than an year if a volume dealer runs through a lot of inventory. I am thinking that its no good buying an year old truck especially a truck that is sitting idle through a cold winter. What do people think?

airgas1998

Reaction score
The dealer I went to quoted $36044 for a Big Horn/Lone star with MSRP of 51500. Sounds like a great price based on what I read in this forum. Then I asked the manufacturing date for the truck. I was told July 2018. This dealer claims to be a volume dealer. I don't understand why he has something sitting in his lot for more than an year if a volume dealer runs through a lot of inventory. I am thinking that its no good buying an year old truck especially a truck that is sitting idle through a cold winter. What do people think?
that sounds crazy long...you can confirm the date on the window sticker in the lower left hand area it will be in month/day format assuming your not physically at the dealer. or if you are check the label inside the drivers door.

retho78

Reaction score
That's crazy long and I believe some of the 2018s/early production trucks had few issues or recalls.

direwolf

Reaction score
that sounds crazy long...you can confirm the date on the window sticker in the lower left hand area it will be in month/day format assuming your not physically at the dealer. or if you are check the label inside the drivers door.
I confirmed the window sticker. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I don't want to use a machine that is sitting idle for an year. Is there any volume dealer across the country who can come up with a pricing close to this for such an MSRP? I don't mind traveling across the country and drive it back.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DC area (they have a subsection here for one), anywhere in Houston or Dallas probably. Maybe San Antonio. Just off the top of My head.

retho78

Reaction score
I confirmed the window sticker. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I don't want to use a machine that is sitting idle for an year. Is there any volume dealer across the country who can come up with a pricing close to this for such an MSRP? I don't mind traveling across the country and drive it back.
What trim, options and color are you looking for?

direwolf

Reaction score
What trim, options and color are you looking for?

Big Horn/Lone star
Level 2 equipment group and 20" tires are a must have.
Nice to have - Protection group, mats, storage under seat

I am attaching the window sticker for the car that I was looking for (till I found out it was made last July :))

Attachments

• 7-25-2019 1-40-24 PM.jpg
    7-25-2019 1-40-24 PM.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 73

Tundralag

Reaction score
I had the same worries when I bought mine back in June.. Mine had an 10/17/18 build/invoice date.. so mine was about 8 months or so..
I have had ZERO issues with the truck.. Its not like it sits in one place for a year.. they move them around all the time.. If its the truck you want and the price you want and you have test driven it and looked it over with a fine tooth comb.. just go with it... Or hand wring looking for the newer built truck then hand wring some more when that truck has issues.. The dealer HAS to update all TSB's and Recalls before they sell you the truck..

Rambro23

Reaction score
Same here, did not want the power steps or air suspension whatsoever.

westcoast

Reaction score
I had the same worries when I bought mine back in June.. Mine had an 10/17/18 build/invoice date.. so mine was about 8 months or so..
I have had ZERO issues with the truck.. Its not like it sits in one place for a year.. they move them around all the time.. If its the truck you want and the price you want and you have test driven it and looked it over with a fine tooth comb.. just go with it... Or hand wring looking for the newer built truck then hand wring some more when that truck has issues.. The dealer HAS to update all TSB's and Recalls before they sell you the truck..
Exactly

Mine was built 9/2018 and I got 24% off msrp. Love my truck

ramtuff53

Reaction score
Big Horn/Lone star
Level 2 equipment group and 20" tires are a must have.
Nice to have - Protection group, mats, storage under seat

I am attaching the window sticker for the car that I was looking for (till I found out it was made last July :))
I'm trying to understand the date code......where is it on the window sticker you posted?? Thanks

flynfish

Reaction score
In case you guys haven't seen this, you can get another $250 rebate from Allstate!

Users who are viewing this thread