5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ram2100

Reaction score
Limited MSRP 66.5k
Received 10k off and additional 3k on my trade-in placing it above KBB value.

Dealership threw in a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I visit them every 10k miles for oil changes and scheduled maintenance.

They also drove in the exact truck I wanted from 500 miles away at no cost to me.

3corner

Reaction score
New to Forum, First Post.

California
2019 Laramie MSRP $63230
(I didn't chose the limited because I didn't like the stitching)

Trailer Tow Group
Black Appearance Package
Advance Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Floor Mat
Anti Spin Differential
5.7 V8
Power Running Board
Uconnect 12 inch
Rambox
FYI: NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT get the Tow Package, you lose the Heated, Folding side view mirror, 360 degree camera. You lose $4000 worth of electronic for a $500 package. Spreading the words as much as I can so people don't make the same mistake as I did.

Dealer Online Discount: $6960.00
Factory Rebate JUNE 2019 SPECIAL: $9485.00
Dealer install LINE-X AND 2 SKID PLATE (wanted the bed utility and protection package, they didnt have it): FREE (worth $1000.00)
Traded my 2015 tacoma 80,000 mile scratches and body repair $18700.00
interest rate 3.69%
around 27% off msrp.

bought their local oil change for life/rotate tires/ visual inspection (twice a year)= $450.00
extended warranty bought online

ram2100

Reaction score
FYI: NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT get the Tow Package, you lose the Heated, Folding side view mirror, 360 degree camera. You lose $4000 worth of electronic for a $500 package. Spreading the words as much as I can so people don't make the same mistake as I did.

Good call out. None of the dealerships I talked with would mention this, they kept pushing their tow package equipped trucks as cheaper than the competition. Once I figured it out on my own, they were like, "yeah, we have a lot of people who complain about that". Evil salesman tactics.

They do reduce the cost of the equipment packages if you get the tow group, but only by a few hundred dollars. Not even close to the technology value you lose due to adding the tow pkg.

Sightfisht

Reaction score
Yes that tow package with out power mirrors really suck!
Not to mention the big ears look redic for daily driving.
So besides the mirrors what’s it have...just a larger tranny cooler (prolly unnecessary unless you’re towing the the absolute max)?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought mine today....1st Ram... All major options except e-torque and pano-sunroof

2019 Limited - MSRP 66,755
Dealer Discount 8171
Rebates 2500
Amazon Gift Card for test Drive 50.00 :)

Price before taxes - 56084

Looked up Kelly BB Invoice calculator which suggests dealer paid 54700, so to me it seems fair that the dealer made a 1400.00 profit or only 2.9% margin.

ptlawn

Reaction score
Dealer is offering a Laramie sport for 20% off Msrp. Seems to be a good deal

flynfish

Reaction score
Is 11k off of of Laramie 63k MSRP a good deal right now? Anyone think September incentives might beat that? I can definitely wait if I need to.

MPMRam

Reaction score
Is 11k off of of Laramie 63k MSRP a good deal right now? Anyone think September incentives might beat that? I can definitely wait if I need to.

They may be better, but choice will be less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkyork

Reaction score
Life long Ford and Chevy owner about to go look at a RAM 3500 MegCab Limited DRW for 87k. Going to tow a huge 5vr. I noticed it didn't have tow mirrors and thought that was strange.

How low you guys think I can get it for?

Thanks,

DK

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3corner

Reaction score
Life long Ford and Chevy owner about to go look at a RAM 3500 MegCab Limited DRW for 87k. Going to tow a huge 5vr. I noticed it didn't have tow mirrors and thought that was strange.

How low you guys think I can get it for?

Thanks,

DK

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Noticed you sent with a Samsung, had to help out my fellow Samsung out. From my understanding, the dealership in California ONLINE discount is around 3k-4k with no rebate. You gonna have to bargain the **** out of the dealership and make sure you don't get swindle once your in the Finance Office with their ******** fees and add on. Ford and Chevy are badass trucks but Ram interior is far more luxury. Life long Chevy lover, but I saw the Ram interior and its 12 inch screen and the rest was history. Let us know how much you got it for, I am now extremely curious.

3corner

Reaction score

I was messing around on the Ram website last night trying to find a dealership that had a truck that had all the options I had on my truck, from California to New York zip code, I did not find an exact match. If you are like me and WANT all the option, then you can waited it out for a better deal, if there is no good deal in the future, you can build the truck with ALL the option you wanted and pay the full price, a win win situation, either you get a truck for a killer deal or a truck with exactly what you wanted. I think the dealers usually can negotiate 10 percent discount anytime, the factory rebate is the icing on the cake.

borden72

Reaction score
I just bought a Laramie Sport MSRP at $65xxx and out the door was $513xx with the dealer installing stationary running boards. I think you can do better. Do a search on cars.com and other sites to find the truck you want. You may have to travel a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread