5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ZeroSeVen

Reaction score
GMC not very happy reading this thread:giggle:

For whatever it's worth, I went to my local GMC dealer back in May and played with the idea of negotiating for an AT4 just out of curiosity on how much they would budge in pricing... the best I could get for a 61K truck was 9.5K tops (that includes all dealer discounts and rebates we qualify for) whereas my first choice Ram Rebel had an immediate offer of 6K in dealer discount and 4.5K in rebates and was able to negotiate 2K more at time of my drive off... at the end of the day I sincerely feel you get more money for this truck than any other competitor out there..form and function what made me go for the Rebel

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A 6.4 would have been a nice option. Wonder why they wouldn't offer it?
Oh, same manager that nixed the 3.55 gears for the Hemi. Gotcha.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
They are still running the 15% off MSRP on the Big Horn.
They called tuesday morning when i was getting ready to get it and claimed the incentive expired on monday and told me i couldnt get it for that price. I sent the GM an email saying we already shook hands on the price and they called back 5 min later and said come get it. Not sure what their motive was then.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
They called tuesday morning when i was getting ready to get it and claimed the incentive expired on monday and told me i couldnt get it for that price. I sent the GM an email saying we already shook hands on the price and they called back 5 min later and said come get it. Not sure what their motive was then.
Good for you. My son bought on Monday but Kville was closed Sunday and since he had started negotiating on Sat, they honored the deal. No contracts were signed till Monday. So I don't know how the fudged it.

LouCap

Reaction score
I bought my Limited on Saturday, but had to swing by the dealership on Monday for a minor issue. While there, I overheard the sales manager on the phone state that any deals done Monday would count toward June. In another thread a forum member mentioned that dealerships can't close out a month on a Sunday, so maybe that's why the deals were still going.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
I bought my Limited on Saturday, but had to swing by the dealership on Monday for a minor issue. While there, I overheard the sales manager on the phone state that any deals done Monday would count toward June. In another thread a forum member mentioned that dealerships can't close out a month on a Sunday, so maybe that's why the deals were still going.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Well i think the issue with mine was we made the "deal" on monday but i didnt sign anything until tuesday

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just saw my first new 2019 Ford Ranger. Looks like a skinny F150. This was an XLT 4x4 crew cab.
The local Raleigh dealers are advertising MSRP of $40 with $2K off.
I’ll be right over, not...

Attachments

• 6EB988D9-475F-44ED-AF40-2F47D7E06EE1.jpeg
    6EB988D9-475F-44ED-AF40-2F47D7E06EE1.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 66

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Just saw my first new 2019 Ford Ranger. Looks like a skinny F150. This was an XLT 4x4 crew cab.
The local Raleigh dealers are advertising MSRP of $40 with $2K off.
I’ll be right over, not...
I saw that too when i was getting tires for my wife's car. I walked over and thought "i wonder what msrp is? It must be reasonable....yeaaaaa.no."

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw that too when i was getting tires for my wife's car. I walked over and thought "i wonder what msrp is? It must be reasonable....yeaaaaa.no."

On top of that I think it’s the least expensive midsize truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I was like maybe I’ll get a duramax Colorado, seems cool? Looked it, 52k MSRP if I recall. LOL
Not today or tomorrow. How about 37?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Colorado (even with a gasser) and the Tacoma in comparable trims are both more than the Ranger.

A buddy of mine bought a new Ranger about 3 weeks ago. He really likes it. It's his first truck. He didn't tell me he was considering it until after he'd done it. I've been really trying to not rain on his parade by pointing out the Ram 1500s he could have gotten for the same money. LOL

And he's very happy that it is getting 22 MPG. The same as he was getting with his Camaro (a V6 model). He could have gotten a Ram AND gotten the same or better mileage.... Oh, well. He's happy and I'm not going to burst his bubble.

WA-G

Reaction score
Got a great deal and service from Big M in Nicholasville, KY on a new Laramie. Sticker $51,770 and was all in with adding running boards, all weather mats, tax, fees and tag registration for $39,400 (taxes and fees around $3000). With no trade and delivered to my driveway in Troy, Alabama (570+ miles away) for free. All done over text and phone. Check out Ryan #RYANSREALDEALS at Big M. Good guy to deal with and Ronnie the finance manager is the best I've dealt with. (I've dealt with a LOT of them). Generations and life long Chevy man but I am a Ram man today!

MB13

Reaction score
MSRP $69.5k Paid $53.5k. No money down. Drove it from Indiana back home to Alabama to break her in.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
MSRP $69.5k Paid $53.5k. No money down. Drove it from Indiana back home to Alabama to break her in.
Nice discount. That should have helped the break-in nicely, varied terrain and speeds etc.

CHarv4

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the forum for the extremely valuable info. I picked up my 19' Limited on 7/3 after closing the deal Monday AM (7/1) for 27% off MSRP and $100 Doc Fee. My 2011 RAM sold on 6/30 to a private party, so I was down to the wire to make a deal. I ended up at Apple CDJR in Shakopee, MN which uses the "This is our everyone price" model. Closed the deal Monday AM, flew Wednesday afternoon to the dealer and drove 8 hours home through some midwest pop-up thunderstorms. (19.1 MPG trip avg) I spent a relaxed 4th cleaning and coating the new truck. The truck is just amazing and I'm just blown away with how far Ram has come with fit/finish and interior materials. Fingers-crossed the reliability is as good as my faultless 2011 with 98K miles. 58389269395__C41D3993-0163-43B5-9311-A3BDADF8D6DB.JPG IMG_1488.JPG IMG_1491.jpg

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the forum for the extremely valuable info. I picked up my 19' Limited on 7/3 after closing the deal Monday AM (7/1) for 27% off MSRP and $100 Doc Fee. My 2011 RAM sold on 6/30 to a private party, so I was down to the wire to make a deal. I ended up at Apple CDJR in Shakopee, MN which uses the "This is our everyone price" model. Closed the deal Monday AM, flew Wednesday afternoon to the dealer and drove 8 hours home through some midwest pop-up thunderstorms. (19.1 MPG trip avg) I spent a relaxed 4th cleaning and coating the new truck. The truck is just amazing and I'm just blown away with how far Ram has come with fit/finish and interior materials. Fingers-crossed the reliability is as good as my faultless 2011 with 98K miles. View attachment 29903 View attachment 29904 View attachment 29905
Great that you squeezed in the very last deal in the wee hours! 27% off is great, a legit $100 doc fee is hard to find, and of course a nice new RAm of any trim level is a nice ride!

Enjoy it and keep us posted about your mods and any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread