5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Carnut12

Reaction score
Glad I bought mine, honestly without the June incentives I might not have chosen a Ram, I just about bought a Raptor. Glad I didn’t, I got a truck with much better options and interior for $16K cheaper then I would’ve got the Raptor for. I also just averaged 18 mpg on a road trip, significantly better then the Raptor, I didn’t buy it for mpg, but I’ll take it.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not quite the same as Ram's offer. GMC 20% includes avg dealer discount. Ram's were 15% from the manufacture plus dealer discounts in the range of 10-15%.

It also looks like the GM offer is only on one specific trim level.

bfulford7

Reaction score
Glad I bought mine, honestly without the June incentives I might not have chosen a Ram, I just about bought a Raptor. Glad I didn’t, I got a truck with much better options and interior for $16K cheaper then I would’ve got the Raptor for. I also just averaged 18 mpg on a road trip, significantly better then the Raptor, I didn’t buy it for mpg, but I’ll take it.

Just got the "july 4th sale price" from a Ram I was looking at.... 5k more so I told them no thanks guess I will walk until Ram comes back close to 30% off MSRP

Contentment

Reaction score
I'm from Denver, CO and currently negotiating with LHM. This forum has me motivated to find the right deal so I'll report back once I finalize. I'm at 25% off in negotiations so far, but trying to push closer to 30% at the moment. I'm in no rush so willing to wait for the perfect deal.

Christophers dodge world treated me well. My deal is in this thread

retho78

Reaction score
Oops, missed saw the incorrect MSRP (I thought it was $50K). Yeah, it was a pretty good deal.

I forgot to mention...I got mine from Bob Moore in OKC. The sales guy was really nice and not pushy at all.

retho78

Reaction score
I live in OK. What dealer and how specifically did you get the price that low? Did they offer the price online or did you have to negotiate it down and what rebates did you use?

I live in Tulsa but bought mine from OKC as it was cheaper than Tulsa dealerships.

Fatbaby52

Reaction score
Brand new to this forum. We pulled the trigger on Saturday. My wife got a RWD Laramie with bench seat, Hemi, metallic red paint, and no other factory options. Overpaid the dealer a little bit for a Rhino liner ($695). We have two kids; my wife wanted the bench instead of the console for the extra seat.

Sticker was $45,830 before the liner, paid $33.1k after all dealer fees but before tax and registration. I think it came out to 28.9% off.

Overall, we're thrilled with the truck. It sure doesn't feel like a "$33k truck" inside, with the leather, butt coolers, etc.

Would have liked the reclining rear seats and the giant screen, but not for the price. Can't wait to take the kids to a drive-in movie this weekend and the river next week.

We live in Vegas, but bought from Hoblit in Woodland, CA. Couldn't find anyone here that could get close on the price.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to ask (as i've never bought a brand new truck before), do dealers get more trucks in, or is my selection going to continue to dwindle down. If i find the one that i like, do i need to jump on it or can i wait for better rebates? Reason i ask i am looking for something pretty specific, and i would hope more 2019's will be showing up at my dealers. Thanks! This thread has been great.

MPMRam

Reaction score
I have to ask (as i've never bought a brand new truck before), do dealers get more trucks in, or is my selection going to continue to dwindle down. If i find the one that i like, do i need to jump on it or can i wait for better rebates? Reason i ask i am looking for something pretty specific, and i would hope more 2019's will be showing up at my dealers. Thanks! This thread has been great.
I know exactly what you mean. I ordered mine with exactly what I wanted, so far it has been 4 weeks, should have it next week.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I ordered mine with exactly what I wanted, so far it has been 4 weeks, should have it next week.

Did you get any rebates or discounts on a truck you ordered? I can afford a $62k truck for $48k, but not for $62k lol

MPMRam

Reaction score
Did you get any rebates or discounts on a truck you ordered? I can afford a $62k truck for $48k, but not for $62k lol
Yes, my price for the limited including, accessories such as bed extender, hard tannuo cover, and pinstripe was $68,882.. I got a $10,135 ram rebate and $7, 800 discount from dealer. But the next day which was yesterday rebates only were at $3750. I drove 2 hours from my home to get this price.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum. We pulled the trigger on Saturday. My wife got a RWD Laramie with bench seat, Hemi, metallic red paint, and no other factory options. Overpaid the dealer a little bit for a Rhino liner ($695). We have two kids; my wife wanted the bench instead of the console for the extra seat.

Sticker was $45,830 before the liner, paid $33.1k after all dealer fees but before tax and registration. I think it came out to 28.9% off.

Overall, we're thrilled with the truck. It sure doesn't feel like a "$33k truck" inside, with the leather, butt coolers, etc.

Would have liked the reclining rear seats and the giant screen, but not for the price.

Congratulations! It's an awesome truck! :D

What is the deal with the reclining rear seats? My truck is a Laramie and it came with them. I wasn't expecting them and was really pleased when I noticed I have them. I thought they were just standard on the Laramie trim. I got most of the available options on mine. What option is it that results in getting reclining rear seats?

Dealers will always be getting more trucks in. But, since they are not accepting new orders for '19 models, the selection of trucks that are getting the fat discounts is going to dwindle. There are probably still some '19s in the pipeline that will show up on dealer lots, but probably not many.

The really big discounts recently have been a combo of different rebates, but the one that really pumps up the discount is one that Dodge does for vehicles that have been on a dealer's lot for more than a certain number of days. So, the exact same truck could be much less at one dealer than another because that dealer has had it for a while and the other got theirs more recently.

Anyway, I think some of the big rebates ended on Monday. So, you might be better off to wait, if you can. Unless you find something you like that is offered for 25% or more off of sticker price. In that case, I doubt waiting will ever get you much more of a discount than that. I think the biggest discount I saw that anybody posted was 30% and it's not always clear whether they factored in Destination Fee and dealer processing fees when they did their math.

I got 26% off sticker on mine. That is comparing apples to apples. Sticker (which includes Destination) to what I paid (including Destination). But, the price the dealer was advertising it for did not include the Destination Fee or processing fees. If I did the math using the advertised price versus sticker, I would be saying I got 29% off - which would be wrong, in my book.

Fatbaby52

Reaction score
Congratulations! It's an awesome truck! :D

What is the deal with the reclining rear seats? My truck is a Laramie and it came with them. I wasn't expecting them and was really pleased when I noticed I have them. I thought they were just standard on the Laramie trim. I got most of the available options on mine. What option is it that results in getting reclining rear seats?

I believe that the level 1 package gets the reclining rear seats.

PT1911

Reaction score
Last Friday I picked up a Limited, sticker was $67,550 and I paid $47,950......which is 29% off! I thought that was REAL good considering they offered 2K more on my trade than the other places I was looking too!

ZeroSeVen

Reaction score
Last Friday I picked up a Limited, sticker was $67,550 and I paid $47,950......which is 29% off! I thought that was REAL good considering they offered 2K more on my trade than the other places I was looking too!

That's a fantastic deal... I wish waited longer before pulling the trigger... deals were nowhere that good back in May

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems a little dumb to me not to get the truck just because the rebates aren’t as good as this random clearance event.

It’s no different than the rest of us, some of the first buyers paid 15% off or less, the rest of us probably averaged in the low 20% range, and now people got 30%.

You win some you lose some. We lost this one.

Users who are viewing this thread