5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just left the dealer and negotiated a $64K Laramie, 4x4 Etorque, level 2, sport, 12" screen down to 50 on the nose. I am trading in a 2018 sierra, but need to take off the mods so i wasn't able to complete the deal. They said they cant promise the deal will be the same tomorrow, which i understand...but crossing my fingers for the same, if not better rebates...

mardwin

Reaction score
I just left the dealer and negotiated a $64K Laramie, 4x4 Etorque, level 2, sport, 12" screen down to 50 on the nose. I am trading in a 2018 sierra, but need to take off the mods so i wasn't able to complete the deal. They said they cant promise the deal will be the same tomorrow, which i understand...but crossing my fingers for the same, if not better rebates...
Your target price is $44.8K to get 30% off MSRP, assuming these discounts carry over you have leverage since smart buyers won't stop until the end of the month. The last day in the month of July falls on the worst possible day for dealerships, a Wednesday! that means slow foot traffic. If you are patient, you can just call the dealership on Wednesday (7/31) ask for a sales rep (don't waste your time with internet dept on these sales) and tell them that you are interested in a specific vehicle but that you want it for 30% off plus taxes, tags and fees (no room for negotiation).

I'm confident they'll bite, also research the dealership website to see if they are promoting any specific discounts of MSRP. The dealership I got mine from was advertising up to 30% off on 1500 trucks, so I told them that I wanted that 30% I saw on their site; I got to the dealership 1 hr before closing time and got my 30%. You can use similar info to your advantage. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your target price is $44.8K to get 30% off MSRP, assuming these discounts carry over you have leverage since smart buyers won't stop until the end of the month. The last day in the month of July falls on the worst possible day for dealerships, a Wednesday! that means slow foot traffic. If you are patient, you can just call the dealership on Wednesday (7/31) ask for a sales rep (don't waste your time with internet dept on these sales) and tell them that you are interested in a specific vehicle but that you want it for 30% off plus taxes, tags and fees (no room for negotiation).

I'm confident they'll bite, also research the dealership website to see if they are promoting any specific discounts of MSRP. The dealership I got mine from was advertising up to 30% off on 1500 trucks, so I told them that I wanted that 30% I saw on their site; I got to the dealership 1 hr before closing time and got my 30%. You can use similar info to your advantage. Good luck!

Thanks! Technically they are still running their June 30th numbers today since the month can't end on sunday for auto sales. My issue is i can't find another one configured just like this one near me, and the trade value of mine is very high, today. Could change tomorrow, either way i can't make the deal happen today and going to see what July 4th sales bring. Patience is not in my blood (working on it), but getting ripped off is also not in my blood. LOL

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I couldn’t find one equipped how I wanted locally. The closest thing to what I was looking for was 725 miles away and that dealership wouldn’t even call my salesman back. He was going to go get it for me. I didn’t know about these big discounts until middle of last week and there just wasn’t time to make anything happen. If they don’t extend this program tomorrow, I’ll just wait and order a 2020 EXACTLY how I want. Anybody know when we can orders the 2020 models?

ZeroSeVen

Reaction score
I'm blown away by some of the deals to be had last month and it looks like by some of the posts above that it is still carrying over to July... Good for you guys:) I got mine back in May and i was only able to shave off a little above 15% from my Rebel

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I’ll have to try that in say, 10 years... wait, we will be in self-driving vehicles limited to 25 mph then...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'm blown away by some of the deals to be had last month and it looks like by some of the posts above that it is still carrying over to July... Good for you guys:) I got mine back in May and i was only able to shave off a little above 15% from my Rebel
Well 15%off a Rebel aint bad, I barely got that on a very run of the mill limited...

Donaldvest83

Reaction score
Dealer is quoting me 43500 before ttl on a msrp of 58485. Needs to be 41500 before I even go down to the dealer.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Dealer is quoting me 43500 before ttl on a msrp of 58485. Needs to be 41500 before I even go down to the dealer.
Agree. My son just got a Ltd level 1 granite/black 4x non etorque w/o sunroof that msrp’d for $65 and after TTL his was $48.7. Build date 3-15 so not a lot holdover.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is eTorque worth the extra money if you plan on towing? How about the tow mirrors? Will the small ones suffice (open trailer with a car on it)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Is eTorque worth the extra money if you plan on towing? How about the tow mirrors? Will the small ones suffice (open trailer with a car on it)
E Torque is good for that initial takeoff, the electric is 100% torque so yes.
You dont need the donkey ears, I mean tow mirrors for an open car hauler, plus youd lose power folding. IMHO.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
The rebates will more than likely be even better tomorrow as I just made a deal on a black Longhorn with ramboxes. This one was equipped close to what I wanted but not exactly. The dealer came down some more so I traded. Rams will probably be half off tomorrow.

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Finally bought mine! Not sure if I "negotiated" well, but price was fine for me:

• 2019 Rebel Crew Cab
  • Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat
  • Bed Util Group
  • Level 2 package
  • Hemi V8
  • Black Side Steps
  • Rear Wheelhouse Liners
  • 33 gal fuel tank
  • 9 Speakers
  • 12in. NAV
  • Blind Spot/Cross Traffic
  • RamBox
  • Bed Liner
MSRP: $60,690
Purchased for: $46,652 before TTL and doc fees - gave me a decent price on trade in as well.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Finally bought mine! Not sure if I "negotiated" well, but price was fine for me:

• 2019 Rebel Crew Cab
  • Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat
  • Bed Util Group
  • Level 2 package
  • Hemi V8
  • Black Side Steps
  • Rear Wheelhouse Liners
  • 33 gal fuel tank
  • 9 Speakers
  • 12in. NAV
  • Blind Spot/Cross Traffic
  • RamBox
  • Bed Liner
MSRP: $60,690
Purchased for: $46,652 before TTL and doc fees - gave me a decent price on trade in as well.
Nothin’ wrong there, for a Rebel yet... (y)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The rebates will more than likely be even better tomorrow as I just made a deal on a black Longhorn with ramboxes. This one was equipped close to what I wanted but not exactly. The dealer came down some more so I traded. Rams will probably be half off tomorrow.
Shoot, In August the week before they hit the showrooms and lots the dealers will have a 90% off sale... course the first year depreciation of $40K will have already happened...

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I’ve never seen such crazy discounts on any trucks. Some of you guys cleaned up. I’m super jealous, to the point almost drove to Houston to see about trading out into another new one lol. But based on my quick math and expected trade value it just kind of seemed like a wash.

If they keep getting cheaper or they discount the 2500s like this.... I feel something stupid may happen.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Man, I’ve never seen such crazy discounts on any trucks. Some of you guys cleaned up. I’m super jealous, to the point almost drove to Houston to see about trading out into another new one lol. But based on my quick math and expected trade value it just kind of seemed like a wash.

If they keep getting cheaper or they discount the 2500s like this.... I feel something stupid may happen.
Thats ok, now I get to hear from my son for lord knows how many years how he saved 10K over me and got a more optioned truck... :unsure::ROFLMAO: and to think I didn’t even get a $50 referral bonus, sheesh!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just a little worried about what this many sales with huge discounts is going to do to our resale value. When they sell a few for a discount, it wouldn't affect resale. But, when it starts seeming like everybody got theirs for 25% off, I would think eventually it will drive down the resale value. At least, it seems like it will if they continue to offer these discounts. Who would pay $45K for a used truck when they could get a comparable new one for basically the same price?

I hope it doesn't!

Actually, I probably would have bought a 2500/Cummins instead of my new 1500. But, the price for the 2500 is more than I am willing to spend every month. There are no real incentives on the new HDs. But, with the discount I got on this 1500, if resale values hold, maybe in 2 or 3 years, it will have enough trade-in value/equity that I could trade it for a new 2500 and end up with the same payment. I mean, between the discount, my trade-in, and my down payment, my loan value is already sitting at 64% of the original sticker price. Maybe even next year, if they do incentives on the 2500 like they've been doing on the 1500.

Reaction score
Huge June incentives
Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
MSRP$65,750
Paid $46,322 plus $129 Doc fee!!!
I feel like I got a fantastic deal.
My first RAM and could not be happier!!!

Users who are viewing this thread