5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jflores14

Reaction score
All- I’m working on a deal currently for a Patriot Blue Big Horn.

MSRP is $53,440 but they offered it at $40,080 (from my math 25% off)

Their “VIP” price, listed on their website (didn’t show up until after I submitted my contact info) is $35,890. When I asked the Sales Manager (who told me the $40,080 price), he said that price includes all of those qualifying rebates and what not. But... there’s no mention of that on their website.

Here’s where I’m concerned: I messaged a different sales person via their Facebook to ensure that they weren’t just trying to milk me for more $, and he actually said that $35,890 is the rock bottom price. BUT once he found out I was already working with someone else in their dealership, stopped returning my messages. We will see if he replies tomorrow, but I can’t help but feel like they are trying to jerk me around.

I’m 2.5 hours away so I’m planning to go see it Friday, any tips on how to work them to the $35k price over email/phone?
Theres only 1 rebate that matters right now. It's the 15% cash allowance on all Rams. 20% cash allowance on oldest 15% on inventory. The only way to get to the $35890 price is if this truck qualified for the 20% rebate. Do you know the breakdown on what is dealer discount and what is manufacture rebate discount?

Big Bert

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat looking at a rebel MSRP of 60K for $44K but want it at $40K. I'm going this weekend to check it out, if they bite I'll take it but I'm willing to wait to save a few thousands. This weekend is the end of the month so dealerships either make a deal or carry the inventory into a new cycle.
That would be a great deal. I am shooting for 28% but no takers yet

Cleave

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I'm new here, in the market for a 2019 Laramie. I've spent hours sifting through tons of these posts. Sounds like there are some amazing deals to be had in various parts of the country. Does anyone have recommendations for a good buying experience near Long Island, NY? Definitely willing to expand the search range out quite a bit. NY, NJ, CT, PA, etc.. Thank You

problemsolverjc

Reaction score
Traded in my 2017 Rebel last night on a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. Limited crew cab with customer preferred package 25M. 12" screen, pano roof, adaptive cruise, vented seats, etc.

MSPR 67,600
REbates 10,140
Dealer Discount 8,487
SElling price 48,973

$18.6k or 27.6% off MSRP, only because of this forum and everyone's generous and open shares! So Thank you all for your info and insight!

Got it at Kelly Jeep/Dodge/Ram in Emmaus, PA. Ask for Marc if anyone local is looking. They said they needed to sell 20 trucks by months end, there were five deals signed including mine last night.

mardwin

Reaction score
40k would be 33.3% off. Haven't seen any deals over 30% on anything other than a big horn. Some big horns have the 20% incentive. 42k would be a great price to realistically shoot for. The question right now is will these incentives roll over for July. Because Limiteds, Laramie, and Rebel never have these huge incentives.

I can work with that $42K number but it depends in how they value my trade in, carvana has it at $13K going to try Carmax

Beenie

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 Rebel with: trailer tow, bed utility group, Rebel 12A package, level 2 equipment, pano sunroof, bed step, side rails, 33 fuel tank, blind spot, ram box, and spray in liner.

Initial Sticker: 62585
Rebate: 9500
dealer discount: 8585
Price OTD: 45,000

Being able to walk away from a crappy deal and shopping at months end makes for some good barging power on price.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the Party over 7/1 or do the incentives get renewed for another month?

Do you dare roll the dice or do you try to close the deal
I bought my truck in March during "RAM Truck Month" and people wondered if the deals would drop off starting April 1st. You can see what happened.

Regardless of factory incentives there are going to be deals around as every day is one day closer to the 2020 model year. Production of the 2019 RAMs has stopped and '20s are going to start rolling off the lines and to the lots in the near future. Dealerships are going to want to make room for them.

However, just when I was told that the truck is pretty much mine, only thing holding me back is I'm 2 hours away, suddenly I'm told 2 people having been eyeing the truck. I really hope my chain is not being jerked.
I had that happen to me when I bought my last truck. I had been working a deal on a used truck for a couple of weeks (truck had been sitting on the lot for months as I saw it on their lot every day I drove home from work) and was close to closing. I told them on a Friday that I would think about it over the weekend and come back on Monday and would either buy the truck or walk away. I get a call on Sunday (first call I'd gotten from them in the whole process) from the salesman giving me the "courtesy" of letting me know that there is a couple looking at that truck and thinking of purchasing it, but if I came in now I might be able to get the truck since the couple was "at lunch thinking about it". I told him thanks but I'll be in tomorrow. I came in the next day and, sure enough, the truck was still there. The salesman said I was "lucky" because the truck was the wrong color so the couple didn't buy it. Right.

Last edited:

Chaser

Reaction score
I personally believe these sales will still be around next month. Once you go down this low, hard to go back up. Only way they go back up is if they sell off enough vehicles. From what I’m seeing here in Houston, there are a TON of the higher trim ‘19s left.

tul9033

Reaction score
I placed an order yesterday for a 2019 and received a VON.

Regardless of factory incentives there are going to be deals around as every day is one day closer to the 2020 model year. Production of the 2019 RAMs has stopped and '20s are going to start rolling off the lines and to the lots in the near future. Dealerships are going to want to make room for them.

MPMRam

Reaction score
I ordered a limited hemi etorque MSRP at $67,325.00 on 6/1, and was told I can only receive the rebates available at the time of delivery. My negotiated price is $58, 735.00, not including any rebates. That was the best deal I could find within 200 miles of my home. Its difficult to understand what rebates I actually qualify for, at the time of ordering I qualified for $3500 in rebates, and that ended on 6/28. I asked the dealer if the incentives have increased, and he said they have, but these incentives end on 7/1. I'm wondering what the actual rebates for me are now and what they may be next month. If the truck come in before the end of the month, should i gamble and wait to July 2 to see if the incentives have increased. Any thoughts?

Jflores14

Reaction score
I ordered a limited hemi etorque MSRP at $67,325.00 on 6/1, and was told I can only receive the rebates available at the time of delivery. My negotiated price is $58, 735.00, not including any rebates. That was the best deal I could find within 200 miles of my home. Its difficult to understand what rebates I actually qualify for, at the time of ordering I qualified for $3500 in rebates, and that ended on 6/28. I asked the dealer if the incentives have increased, and he said they have, but these incentives end on 7/1. I'm wondering what the actual rebates for me are now and what they may be next month. If the truck come in before the end of the month, should i gamble and wait to July 2 to see if the incentives have increased. Any thoughts?
If your truck somehow comes in before 7/1 I would not wait for next month. It currently qualifies for $10,098.75 manufacture incentive with this month's 15% manufacture cash allowance on all ram 1500s.

Jflores14

Reaction score
I would hope for your sake, since you did an order instead of buying an in stock off the lot truck that this months incentives rolls over to July.

Zuck7787

Reaction score
Traded in my 2017 Rebel last night on a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. Limited crew cab with customer preferred package 25M. 12" screen, pano roof, adaptive cruise, vented seats, etc.

MSPR 67,600
REbates 10,140
Dealer Discount 8,487
SElling price 48,973

$18.6k or 27.6% off MSRP, only because of this forum and everyone's generous and open shares! So Thank you all for your info and insight!

Got it at Kelly Jeep/Dodge/Ram in Emmaus, PA. Ask for Marc if anyone local is looking. They said they needed to sell 20 trucks by months end, there were five deals signed including mine last night.

What was final OTFD price... might have to take a ride further out, I’m actually headed to brown daub in about 2 hours or so to get a quote on a Laramie and a limited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zuck7787

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 Rebel with: trailer tow, bed utility group, Rebel 12A package, level 2 equipment, pano sunroof, bed step, side rails, 33 fuel tank, blind spot, ram box, and spray in liner.

Initial Sticker: 62585
Rebate: 9500
dealer discount: 8585
Price OTD: 45,000

Being able to walk away from a crappy deal and shopping at months end makes for some good barging power on price.

I’m working on a deal currently for a Rebel, and this is gonna help me nail them for the extra couple bucks I want off the price lol. The sticker is 60, and right now they are at 45.... I went to him the other day n said I’ll buy the truck right now if u sell it for 41... and he laughed and said he absolutely cannot do it... now it’s end of month let’s see if that changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beenie

Reaction score
@Zuck7787 the dealer did something similar with me...gave me a price of 47 + all the normal lic/tag/rego stuff.. told them this was unacceptable and started to walk got to the door before they ran me down and said im sure we can come to some sort agreement. i told that unless they plan to come down to 45 right then and there i would walking and any stalling would result in me paying less. Jokingly i said i bill my time at 1k per 10 mins, and at this point they were on the clock.

would be kinda nice to know how close to cost i got cus initial sticker on the truck was 47700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online