5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

beekay99

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is the % off MSRP price most folks are posting inclusive of the rebates thrown on top. Are the dealerships considering those rebates when they tell you you can't beat 20-30% off MSRP. I'm wondering if you come into negotations with a goal % off MSRP, and then the rebates are just gravy at that point. I know the "internet" price the dealership I would have to drive 2 hours to for the truck I want, shows a final price inclusive of all available rebates which I know I don't qualify for. So...do I need to focus on the price inclusive of all rebates to determine my relative bargain? Thanks all! I actually was waiting until 2020 to purchase, and need to convince my wife why buying a truck a full year ahead of schedule is a smart money move (none of that makes any kind of Dave Ramsey financial sense for sure but I want this truck!)

The truck I'm looking at is a Laramie Blacked Out 4X4 (short box) Hemi Etorque, Fully Loaded inside, 67K MSRP, 51.6K "final internet" price (inclusive of all available rebates).

acour765

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is the % off MSRP price most folks are posting inclusive of the rebates thrown on top. Are the dealerships considering those rebates when they tell you you can't beat 20-30% off MSRP. I'm wondering if you come into negotations with a goal % off MSRP, and then the rebates are just gravy at that point. I know the "internet" price the dealership I would have to drive 2 hours to for the truck I want, shows a final price inclusive of all available rebates which I know I don't qualify for. So...do I need to focus on the price inclusive of all rebates to determine my relative bargain? Thanks all! I actually was waiting until 2020 to purchase, and need to convince my wife why buying a truck a full year ahead of schedule is a smart money move (none of that makes any kind of Dave Ramsey financial sense for sure but I want this truck!)

The truck I'm looking at is a Laramie Blacked Out 4X4 (short box) Hemi Etorque, Fully Loaded inside, 67K MSRP, 51.6K "final internet" price (inclusive of all available rebates).
When calculating mine, that % off was inclusive of the 15% off that Ram was offering for a rebate on the Laramie. I know that Ram is offering 20% off for the Big Horn.
From what I've read on here, anything more than 20-25% off MSRP is a good deal...but you'll see some great deals on here.

Big Bert

Reaction score
can some of the math wizards tell me if this is a good price? OTD, idk what percentage that is or anything I provided window sticker also of the truck

4600dac019ae2f8c362cbd0cdcfde0e9.jpg

b64109e46d0a92bf34650054e6543bdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I would calculate this to be 23.3% off $60000list $5000 dealer discount and 9000 rebate....A month ago it would be an awesome price ...today it is a good price...

enjoy the truck

Rmui4305

Reaction score
Congrats! Fellow new member from Virginia. That's one hell of a deal! Nearly 34% off MSRP. Which dealer did you go through? I went through Lindsay in Manassas.

Nice! I got mine through Lustine in Woodbridge, and I reside in Alexandria.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2019 model year is in the waning stages and the dealerships are going to start getting the '20s in soon. There should be some good deals out there on the trucks sitting on lots. The only drawback is that you might have to either search the lots to find what you want or compromise for the discount.

Check the build date on the door sticker. The longer it's been there the better deal you can probably get.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score

we got our 67.5k limited for 49.9k before TTL, no trade in, no other rebates other than the 15%. You can probably do a little better, but Houston has 10+ Ram dealers duking it out.

hammer722

Reaction score
Think you did pretty damn good. Just bought my Rebel. Sticker was 61.4 got it for 45.9 and a few free oil changes : ). Always like to throw that at them when the tell me they done negotiating. haha

Dr.Ichie

Reaction score
New to the forum....working a deal with trading in my 2011 F-150 Lariat 5.0 on a loaded Limited.

$69,325 MSRP
-$7,987 dealer discount
-$10,398 15% rebate

$50,939
-$16,000 trade-in.

My math says it is about 26.5%. The truck is at a different dealer 40miles away and they are checking to see how they can trade for it to make this deal work....should know tomorrow. I'd love to see if I could get them into $49,xxx range just for the mental victory of being sub-$50k before TTT and trade.

Zuck7787

Reaction score
Think you did pretty **** good. Just bought my Rebel. Sticker was 61.4 got it for 45.9 and a few free oil changes : ). Always like to throw that at them when the tell me they done negotiating. haha

The dealership I’m working with is at 45.4 and told me they can’t go any lower. Im gonna wait til Wednesday see if that still true. Then see if they can throw in some oil changes and the rain guards on the windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Would like to thank everyone for posting their negotiated prices. It's been a big help since I've been looking for a new Ram 1500 for the last couple of months. I ended up purchasing one this past week in Wisconsin. Build date in March 2019. Metallic Steel, non e-torque, Limited 4x4. MSRP of $67,440. Purchase price of $47,619 +TTL.
Congrats! That's an awesome deal!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Nice! I got mine through Lustine in Woodbridge, and I reside in Alexandria.
You did great then! I've purchased three other vehicles from Lustine in the past, and they wouldn't go above 26% off MSRP on two trucks I was negotiating with them on. That's how I wound up at Lindsay in Manassas. But in the end, it worked out for me because Lindsay had a truck that perfectly matched what I wanted, and got 30% to boot. Congrats again on your new ride!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
The 2019 model year is in the waning stages and the dealerships are going to start getting the '20s in soon. There should be some good deals out there on the trucks sitting on lots. The only drawback is that you might have to either search the lots to find what you want or compromise for the discount.

Check the build date on the door sticker. The longer it's been there the better deal you can probably get.
I agree that the deals will get better. End of the month is coming up and they'll be hungry to make deals. But to echo that drawback, I had nearly 3 vehicles sold out from under me while I was "thinking about it" and I was having a much harder time finding anything left within 100 miles that had what I wanted. Unless you wait until 2020, you don't have time to think, you have to make up your mind an make a deal.

tul9033

Reaction score
Pricing should be pretty standard across the board. This is the bottom of the build sheet. All vehicles have an invoice price and a dealer holdback. Total price line is first MSRP second is invoice. HB is dealer holdback. FPP is friends and family pricing aka affiliate pricing (invoice -1%). EP is employee pricing. Then you have the rebates/incentives which have been varying between models. Right now the Limited's are 15% off MSRP and not combined with FPP, although my dealer is doing FPP with the 15%.
Getting FFP should be pretty easy. Now getting the dealer to give up some of their holdback is what may separate the men from the boys, it doesn't happen often. Then there is the doc fee's which is a ripoff if over $200. Finally, if your dealer is adding tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, paint protection, etc (dealer adds) I just move onto another dealer as those items are heavily marked up and gives them more room to feign negotiation and for the most part can't be removed once installed.

Build Pricing.JPG

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Pricing should be pretty standard across the board. This is the bottom of the build sheet. All vehicles have an invoice price and a dealer holdback. Total price line is first MSRP second is invoice. HB is dealer holdback. FPP is friends and family pricing aka affiliate pricing (invoice -1%). EP is employee pricing. Then you have the rebates/incentives which have been varying between models. Right now the Limited's are 15% off MSRP and not combined with FPP, although my dealer is doing FPP with the 15%.
Getting FFP should be pretty easy. Now getting the dealer to give up some of their holdback is what may separate the men from the boys, it doesn't happen often. Then there is the doc fee's which is a ripoff if over $200. Finally, if your dealer is adding tint, wheel locks, nitrogen, paint protection, etc (dealer adds) I just move onto another dealer as those items are heavily marked up and gives them more room to feign negotiation and for the most part can't be removed once installed.

View attachment 28841
Using those numbers, whith the FFP and 15%, you're looking at 24% off MSRP. However, if the dealer we're to pull all the punches and take the EP price, back out the Holdback and add the 15% rebate, then you are at a little over 30% MSRP.

tul9033

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with EPP, but it's my understanding you have to actually be an employee for both you and the dealer to qualify.

Using those numbers, whith the FFP and 15%, you're looking at 24% off MSRP. However, if the dealer we're to pull all the punches and take the EP price, back out the Holdback and add the 15% rebate, then you are at a little over 30% MSRP.

Jflores14

Reaction score

View attachment 28841

The issue with "invoice" pricing is that no one outside the owner, finance manager, and few others actually knows what a dealership has in a vehicle. The manufacture give dealers kickbacks and bonus incentives for hitting certain numbers, etc... they also get money on the finance aspect of things. Dont ever believe that invoice is what it cost the dealer..

acour765

Reaction score
My sales guy had sent me this pricing sheet for the Laramie I ended up getting... I ended up being able to get it for 41.7k out the door...which seems like just over a couple hundred bucks difference between what I paid and EPP-rebate. Not too shabby. Hope this picture helps your price out.

Attachments

• 4590BA77-CA3B-41D1-8559-3291651F7743.jpeg
    4590BA77-CA3B-41D1-8559-3291651F7743.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread