5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

culprit

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and joined the Ram club. Just brought home my Bighorn Level 2 with Off-Road Group. Love the truck. Worked on the dealer from every angle for 3 weeks. Almost bought one in NH but got jerked around on my trade. Sold my old Silverado that was my trade and pulled the trigger on my Ram today. MSRP $48870 discount with 20% rebate and a $2000 dealer discount was $11774 off. I paid tax, title and fees. Ended up financing 31k and sales price was 24% off MSRP. Looked around a ton and tried to get it knocked down more but couldn't hold off any longer. Drove it home with a big smile on my face with 3 kids singing in the backseat.

Attachments

• truck 1.JPG
    truck 1.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Truck.JPG
    Truck.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 42

SJGiant

Reaction score
After spending two weeks trying to find a dealer in northern California that would go lower than 25% on a Laramie (with Sport and Off road packages) and getting jerked around at the last minute of the sale that I ended up walking away from, I found Meador Ram in FT Worth (I think this is the third or fourth thumbs up for those guys).

Harrison and Larry were awesome and completed the deal in 1 day via email and phone. MSRP was 57805, and net price ended up being 40733, so 30% off MSRP. Best deal I could negotiate in CA was 43999 on similiar MSRP And im getting a great roadtrip out of it.

J-

CoachLarry

Reaction score
Just got 28.5% off MSRP and a free bed-step thrown in. I probably could have got the last point and a half but I needed to save some energy for the trade negotiation. LOL :)

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Ram Limited MSRP $67,795. Ram discount of 15% $10,169, additional dealer discounts approx $7k, dealer forced adding coating and some stupid advantage package ($900). All in all before TTL, Fees and trade the truck was right around $50.5k. Following TTL, Fees (including dealer addon of coating and adv package) and trade-in with $8,125 equity the OTD was right around $47k. Then added an extended warranty 5yr 100k miles...truck will be driven and this should be perfect. Got the warranty at $1,710 which I didn't think was too bad...first finance guy wanted to charge $2,350 and claimed it was a $3,800 warranty...apparently he was wrong.

MSRP - $67,795
Ram Inc - $10,169
Dealer Inc - $7,000
Cost after inc - $50,626
Total % Savings - 25.32%

I will also say that I was originally looking at a 2WD rather than 4WD used Ram with 5k miles...glad I checked incentives...they wanted $49,850 for the used truck at TXDA.

Still trying to figure out why the incentives are so high on these trucks right now.

Big Bert

Reaction score
THE SLOGAN IS "THIS SUMMER TRUCK MONTH"

So what do you think that means? Is the Party over 7/1 or do the incentives get renewed for another month?

Do you dare roll the dice or do you try to close the deal

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After spending two weeks trying to find a dealer in northern California that would go lower than 25% on a Laramie (with Sport and Off road packages) and getting jerked around at the last minute of the sale that I ended up walking away from, I found Meador Ram in FT Worth (I think this is the third or fourth thumbs up for those guys).

Harrison and Larry were awesome and completed the deal in 1 day via email and phone. MSRP was 57805, and net price ended up being 40733, so 30% off MSRP. Best deal I could negotiate in CA was 43999 on similiar MSRP And im getting a great roadtrip out of it.

J-
Send your cali dealer a copy of the accepted contract, “just for grins”...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Ram Limited MSRP $67,795. Ram discount of 15% $10,169, additional dealer discounts approx $7k, dealer forced adding coating and some stupid advantage package ($900). All in all before TTL, Fees and trade the truck was right around $50.5k. Following TTL, Fees (including dealer addon of coating and adv package) and trade-in with $8,125 equity the OTD was right around $47k. Then added an extended warranty 5yr 100k miles...truck will be driven and this should be perfect. Got the warranty at $1,710 which I didn't think was too bad...first finance guy wanted to charge $2,350 and claimed it was a $3,800 warranty...apparently he was wrong.

MSRP - $67,795
Ram Inc - $10,169
Dealer Inc - $7,000
Cost after inc - $50,626
Total % Savings - 25.32%

I will also say that I was originally looking at a 2WD rather than 4WD used Ram with 5k miles...glad I checked incentives...they wanted $49,850 for the used truck at TXDA.

Still trying to figure out why the incentives are so high on these trucks right now.
No clue on the reason for the incentives, as incentives usually only hurt your future sales (they “pull” sales from one month or quarter to the next). Now all the Ford and GM people who only cross shopped due to the incentive prices (and bought) is a legit “steal” from the other maker, yet at what cost to FCA? I have no idea what the profit margin is on these trucks (usually trucks and SUV’s are the highest revenue makers) yet at these 25-30% off, there’s not likely a lot of excess.

Chaser

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger.

4x4 Laramie
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment
33 gallon

MSRP: $60,695
Price: $42,923 + TTL

Correction... Above deal fell through because the dealer tried to throw in junk on the back end.

Thx to the forum, got referred to Meador auto in Ft Worth TX and am driving away with a Limited.

MSRP: $68,455
Sale price: 48,525

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and in this thread. Got them to lower max care extended warranty to come close to matching Ziegler’s prices. Great truck. Oh and 90* outside and AC works great!

Attachments

• C042FDBB-E08A-4D97-9F23-BD1EDFD604E1.jpeg
    C042FDBB-E08A-4D97-9F23-BD1EDFD604E1.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 45

SJGiant

Reaction score
Send your cali dealer a copy of the accepted contract, “just for grins”...
If they ask I will tell them, but dont want to completely burn that bridge, yet lol. The guys at Meador did say the rebates will expire July 1st, and they havent heard of any new ones yet. This was said after the truck was sold, so dont see any reason for them to bluff now. Will be interesting to see if they can continue the big discounts, it was definitely a big draw away from the Silverado I was eyeing for months.

jimk hunt

Reaction score

MSRP - $67,795
Ram Inc - $10,169
Dealer Inc - $7,000
Cost after inc - $50,626
Total % Savings - 25.32%

Can you break down the Ram incentives? Over $10k on a Limited is huge. Currently $2000, plus $1500 competitive truck discount. Enjoy the truck and search the forum for the $250 rebate. Thanks.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Correction... Above deal fell through because the dealer tried to throw in junk on the back end.

Thx to the forum, got referred to Meador auto in Ft Worth TX and am driving away with a Limited.

MSRP: $68,455
Sale price: 48,525

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and in this thread. Got them to lower max care extended warranty to come close to matching Ziegler’s prices. Great truck. Oh and 90* outside and AC works great!
Great deal, thats likely level 1 equipped with 22’s, pano and sunroof. Cant get much more optioned than that!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If they ask I will tell them, but dont want to completely burn that bridge, yet lol. The guys at Meador did say the rebates will expire July 1st, and they havent heard of any new ones yet. This was said after the truck was sold, so dont see any reason for them to bluff now. Will be interesting to see if they can continue the big discounts, it was definitely a big draw away from the Silverado I was eyeing for months.
My son asked if they were going to extend to match up with Ford’s emplyee x plan type pricing in July, I told him I didnt think so (no crystal ball) but Fords prices are high enough that the “x plan” just makes them reasonable, so no biggie.

Last edited by a moderator:

beekay99

Reaction score
After getting addicted to seeing all these deals...I suddenly find myself on the verge of closing a deal on a 2019 Limited in Culpeper, Virginia. However, just when I was told that the truck is pretty much mine, only thing holding me back is I'm 2 hours away, suddenly I'm told 2 people having been eyeing the truck. I really hope my chain is not being jerked. I will be trying to close the deal I was offered over email tomorrow morning. Based on all the deals I'm seeing here, I think what I'm trying to get basically is ~30% off MSRP, and is in line with what folks have been getting this past week of June.

I tried to put a deposit and was told I could not. Is that normal? I know they can do pretty much what they want, but I was surprised they wouldn't commit to a deal with a deposit ready to go and financing in hand.

kevin1914

Reaction score
Laramie Black appearance Sports Package 4x4

Level 2 equipment group

Harmon Kardon audio

12 inch display

Dealer Demo with 5k miles

Dealer offered me the truck @ 42600 before trade

With trade, which I have negative equity. Dealers final price was 50,300.00 OTD.

Is this a good deal considering I’m carrying negative equity?

Though it’s a demo it’s never been titled and the warranty starts at the time of purchase.

Need advice, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Level 2 equipment group

Harmon Kardon audio

12 inch display

With trade, which I have negative equity. Dealers final price was 50,300.00 OTD.

Though it’s a demo it’s never been titled and the warranty starts at the time of purchase.

Need advice, thanks

bet you could get a few more bucks off

mardwin

Reaction score
After getting addicted to seeing all these deals...I suddenly find myself on the verge of closing a deal on a 2019 Limited in Culpeper, Virginia. However, just when I was told that the truck is pretty much mine, only thing holding me back is I'm 2 hours away, suddenly I'm told 2 people having been eyeing the truck. I really hope my chain is not being jerked. I will be trying to close the deal I was offered over email tomorrow morning. Based on all the deals I'm seeing here, I think what I'm trying to get basically is ~30% off MSRP, and is in line with what folks have been getting this past week of June.

I tried to put a deposit and was told I could not. Is that normal? I know they can do pretty much what they want, but I was surprised they wouldn't commit to a deal with a deposit ready to go and financing in hand.

I'm on the same boat looking at a rebel MSRP of 60K for $44K but want it at $40K. I'm going this weekend to check it out, if they bite I'll take it but I'm willing to wait to save a few thousands. This weekend is the end of the month so dealerships either make a deal or carry the inventory into a new cycle.

Jflores14

Reaction score

Level 2 equipment group

Harmon Kardon audio

12 inch display

Need advice, thanks

What's the sticker price?

Jflores14

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat looking at a rebel MSRP of 60K for $44K but want it at $40K. I'm going this weekend to check it out, if they bite I'll take it but I'm willing to wait to save a few thousands. This weekend is the end of the month so dealerships either make a deal or carry the inventory into a new cycle.
40k would be 33.3% off. Haven't seen any deals over 30% on anything other than a big horn. Some big horns have the 20% incentive. 42k would be a great price to realistically shoot for. The question right now is will these incentives roll over for July. Because Limiteds, Laramie, and Rebel never have these huge incentives.

Jflores14

Reaction score
Can you break down the Ram incentives? Over $10k on a Limited is huge. Currently $2000, plus $1500 competitive truck discount. Enjoy the truck and search the forum for the $250 rebate. Thanks.
All Rams have 15% off msrp incentive this month. Not stackable with other rebates. So there is no breakdown of incentive. Its 15% of $67,795, which is $10,169.25

bigwidge

Reaction score
All- I’m working on a deal currently for a Patriot Blue Big Horn.

MSRP is $53,440 but they offered it at $40,080 (from my math 25% off)

Their “VIP” price, listed on their website (didn’t show up until after I submitted my contact info) is $35,890. When I asked the Sales Manager (who told me the $40,080 price), he said that price includes all of those qualifying rebates and what not. But... there’s no mention of that on their website.

Here’s where I’m concerned: I messaged a different sales person via their Facebook to ensure that they weren’t just trying to milk me for more $, and he actually said that $35,890 is the rock bottom price. BUT once he found out I was already working with someone else in their dealership, stopped returning my messages. We will see if he replies tomorrow, but I can’t help but feel like they are trying to jerk me around.

I’m 2.5 hours away so I’m planning to go see it Friday, any tips on how to work them to the $35k price over email/phone?

Users who are viewing this thread