5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
went to two dealerships and both of them advertised ~30% off MSRP on 2019 Ram 1500 Limited inventory but one dealer has $1700 dealer add-ons and the other one has $3000 dealer add-ons. Neither of them budged during negotiation. Is everyone here having similar experience with dealer add-ons on top of advertised web price? Anyone was able to convince dealer to remove those add-ons? I am fine with paying their price advertised on their website plus TTL, but not with the forced add-ons at jacked-up price.

hate it when dealers do this BS. What kinda crap were they putting on to jack it up by 3k????

funny story, so my Limited came with tint. My dealer traded it with a another dealer to get my truck who probably did this addon crap. But since it didnt cost my dealer anything, i got it for free and not sure if there was anything else on it

Ace2623

Reaction score
Bought my ram today. White Big Horn Crew Cab. MSRP $50,285. Final price not including T&T was $36,224. Got a bed cover included in the deal. Bought in Salisbury, Md.

Level 2 equipment
LED lighting
Navigation
Side steps

irontiger

Reaction score
craps like paint protection $695, some sort of alarm system $1695, windows tint $595..... Walked away and told dealer I would buy it if they remove all those added craps.

hate it when dealers do this BS. What kinda crap were they putting on to jack it up by 3k????

funny story, so my Limited came with tint. My dealer traded it with a another dealer to get my truck who probably did this addon crap. But since it didnt cost my dealer anything, i got it for free and not sure if there was anything else on it

bchen

Reaction score
Clear Lake ram is notorious for this apparently. I had a great deal with them that they refused to honor without their dealer installed nitrogen, tint, “protection package” and wheel locks. $3,000 in blatant scamming. I hope someone reports them to the TX attorney general for false advertising.

Zuck7787

Reaction score
Hi everyone, currently in the market for a 2019 Ram. I’m currently driving a Honda Civic and am upgrading to a new Ram. I got prices for both the Ram Rebel, and a Ram Laramie. As I cannot decide which to get. Browsing forums everyone seems to love their respective trucks equally! so, I was quoted from the dealership today as follows.

Laramie MSRP 61,925
OTD w/ TTL incl. 45,869.95

Rebel MSRP 60,000
OTD W/TTL incl. 45,425.65

This includes the trade in if my vehicle, they are giving me 12k for it, I owe 7500. Trying to find out if this is a good deal, or if I should shop around more! Thanks in advance everyone! Can’t wait to drop the intro with pics of the truck! Hardest decision is which one to get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coecoe13

Reaction score
What kind of discount should be on a demo 19 Laramie with 4000 miles? The one I am looking at has a 30% discount. Not sure if anyone has any experience with this.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Christmas came early for me this year. Today, purchased a 2019 Larmie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 6'4" bed in Maximum Steel. MSRP $64,485. At first, the sales manager offered a measly $58k for the truck before taxes. I told him that I knew about the 15-20% rebates + dealer participation, and that the number was much too high. He said that he knew nothing about any such rebate and said that there was just about $2,500 worth of rebates available. I kept pressing, and he went back to his little booth, and a fe minutes later emerged from it with a revelation that his VP of sales informed him of the rebates. He said that the 20% was only available on the first 2 sales for each dealership and that they've already used up their 20% allotment. He said 15% was the best her could do, but could not give any dealer incentives on top of that and 15% off was the best he could do, and even then, he had the nerve to add freight back in, so it was 15% off MSRP, but then added back $1,695 in freight.

And so the dance continued for almost an hour, back and forth. I kept lowballing the numbers, he kept inching closer and closer to 20%, then 25% and then 27%. Finally, I said I was tired and was going to go home for the day and think about it. He said "give me a number I can take back to my manager that will end this. I said simply, 30% off MSRP + Tax and Tags, and $799 processing fee. He said "plus freight right"? And I replied NO! Freight is already included in the MSRP!

Long story short, after nearly 2 hours of doing the dance, they agreed to 30% off!!! Honestly, I was shocked as I thought 27% would have been the absolute top I was going to get.

Agreed to a sales price of $45,121 on a $64,485 MSRP (30% off!!!). After Virginia Sales Tax of $1,906, other taxes and tags of $175, and finally, the dreaded Dealer Processing Fee of $799, the OTD price was right at $48K. Also got a decent 72mo. loan at 3.39%.

I am thrilled with my deal, and in the end, the dealership came through. I don't think I made any friends today, but I stuck to my goal of getting the same deals as others have been posting, and after much determination, I was rewarded.

My only concerns are that 1) The truck was built in December 2018 and had a January inspection sticker on it. It only had 15 miles on it, but it's been in their inventory for 6 months. I'm not sure how many TSBs, etc. have come out since then, and how many issues I'll run across that need to be addressed. Maybe someone can educate me on the highlights of things to look out for given that it was built 6 months ago. And 2) this is a fully loaded Laramie and I worry about trade-in value in the event that I do want to trade it in a few years, or if it was totaled. Trades are usually largely valued at the base price of the vehicle, and this Laramie has $18k worth of options. We're talking Limited prices here. But I didn't want all the chrome that the limited's had. I love the sport appearance package on my truck. But I'll definitely have to hold on to this truck for quite some time and just not worry about resale value and take pride in the great ride I have!!

So for all those working deals, the 15-20% rebates are still out there. Dealers are trying desperately to avoid having to discount their trucks this much. I'm sure they'll eventually make up the money from someone unknowingly paying near sticker for their truck. This board has been a God Send, and I am proud to be one of the newest members of the Ram 1500 Club!!

Ram 1500 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 w/ 6'4" Long Bed
Maximum Steel
Sport Appearance Package
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
5.7L V* Hemi (no eTorque)
Panoramic Sunroof
Power Running Boards
4 Corner Air Suspension
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
UConnect 12" Display

MSRP w/Freight - $64,485
Bought for - $45,121
30% Off!!

Attachments

• 20190622_192657.jpg
    20190622_192657.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
Christmas came early for me this year. Today, purchased a 2019 Larmie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 6'4" bed in Maximum Steel. MSRP $64,485. At first, the sales manager offered a measly $58k for the truck before taxes. I told him that I knew about the 15-20% rebates + dealer participation, and that the number was much too high. He said that he knew nothing about any such rebate and said that there was just about $2,500 worth of rebates available. I kept pressing, and he went back to his little booth, and a fe minutes later emerged from it with a revelation that his VP of sales informed him of the rebates. He said that the 20% was only available on the first 2 sales for each dealership and that they've already used up their 20% allotment. He said 15% was the best her could do, but could not give any dealer incentives on top of that and 15% off was the best he could do, and even then, he had the nerve to add freight back in, so it was 15% off MSRP, but then added back $1,695 in freight.

And so the dance continued for almost an hour, back and forth. I kept lowballing the numbers, he kept inching closer and closer to 20%, then 25% and then 27%. Finally, I said I was tired and was going to go home for the day and think about it. He said "give me a number I can take back to my manager that will end this. I said simply, 30% off MSRP + Tax and Tags, and $799 processing fee. He said "plus freight right"? And I replied NO! Freight is already included in the MSRP!

Long story short, after nearly 2 hours of doing the dance, they agreed to 30% off!!! Honestly, I was shocked as I thought 27% would have been the absolute top I was going to get.

Agreed to a sales price of $45,121 on a $64,485 MSRP (30% off!!!). After Virginia Sales Tax of $1,906, other taxes and tags of $175, and finally, the dreaded Dealer Processing Fee of $799, the OTD price was right at $48K. Also got a decent 72mo. loan at 3.39%.

I am thrilled with my deal, and in the end, the dealership came through. I don't think I made any friends today, but I stuck to my goal of getting the same deals as others have been posting, and after much determination, I was rewarded.

My only concerns are that 1) The truck was built in December 2018 and had a January inspection sticker on it. It only had 15 miles on it, but it's been in their inventory for 6 months. I'm not sure how many TSBs, etc. have come out since then, and how many issues I'll run across that need to be addressed. Maybe someone can educate me on the highlights of things to look out for given that it was built 6 months ago. And 2) this is a fully loaded Laramie and I worry about trade-in value in the event that I do want to trade it in a few years, or if it was totaled. Trades are usually largely valued at the base price of the vehicle, and this Laramie has $18k worth of options. We're talking Limited prices here. But I didn't want all the chrome that the limited's had. I love the sport appearance package on my truck. But I'll definitely have to hold on to this truck for quite some time and just not worry about resale value and take pride in the great ride I have!!

So for all those working deals, the 15-20% rebates are still out there. Dealers are trying desperately to avoid having to discount their trucks this much. I'm sure they'll eventually make up the money from someone unknowingly paying near sticker for their truck. This board has been a God Send, and I am proud to be one of the newest members of the Ram 1500 Club!!

Ram 1500 Laramie Sport Crew Cab 4x4 w/ 6'4" Long Bed
Maximum Steel
Sport Appearance Package
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
5.7L V* Hemi (no eTorque)
Panoramic Sunroof
Power Running Boards
4 Corner Air Suspension
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
UConnect 12" Display

MSRP w/Freight - $64,485
Bought for - $45,121
30% Off!!

Nice looking truck. Congrats on the 30% off. I’ve been to two dealers. Best discount I had was 25% off. One place would only go 20% off. I’m going to try one more dealer and just stick with my f150 for now.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Anyone dare consider s June 28 2018 build? It does have etorque which I know the early ones had some problems..anything to look out for?

Also this is a swap between dealership...

They want 25% off...I am thinking risk reward should be more. Thoughts?

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
First car ever drove off the lot. How'd I do?
Ram Rebel- White

54,365 MSRP
$15,061 Discount
$39,903

27.7% off MSRP. Dealer wouldn't budge further.

Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group
  • 115V Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet
  • 8.4" Touchscreen Display
  • Air Conditioning ATC w/Dual Zone Control
  • Apple CarPlay
  • Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror
  • Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Foam Bottle Insert
  • Google Android Auto
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Integrated Center Stack Radio
  • 2 USB Full Function/Charge Only Media Hub
  • ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist w/Stop
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Power Heated Fold Away Mirrors
  • Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp
  • Rear View Auto Dim Mirror
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Security Alarm
  • Single Disc Remote CD Player
  • Sun Visors w/Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Radio: Uconnect 4 w/8.4" Display
  • Universal Garage Door Opener

Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
  • 26 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • 48V Belt Starter Generator
  • Active Noise Control System
  • Dual Exhaust w/Black Tips
  • GVWR: 7,100 lbs
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • HEMI badge
Trailer Tow Group
  • Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Power Black Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Trailer Brake Control
  • Trailer Tow Mirrors
Other included options.
Cloth/Vinyl Low Back Bucket Seats
Rear Wheelhouse Liners
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Monotone Paint
Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic
Spray In Bedliner
50 State Emissions
I'm getting ripped off on my RAM Rebel that I've ordered thru Military Auto Sales and can't do anything about it. I'm stuck in Korea until the end of July with a price I thought was good...$48K w/ level 2, wheel liners, bed liner, brake controller and others. These prices are incredible.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
I'm getting ripped off on my RAM Rebel that I've ordered thru Military Auto Sales and can't do anything about it. I'm stuck in Korea until the end of July with a price I thought was good...$48K w/ level 2, wheel liners, bed liner, brake controller and others. These prices are incredible.

MAS is a joke.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Anyone dare consider s June 28 2018 build? It does have etorque which I know the early ones had some problems..anything to look out for?

Also this is a swap between dealership...

They want 25% off...I am thinking risk reward should be more. Thoughts?
I would pass - way too early in the game. They should be giving at least 30% off that one.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bought my ram today. White Big Horn Crew Cab. MSRP $50,285. Final price not including T&T was $36,224. Got a bed cover included in the deal. Bought in Salisbury, Md.

Level 2 equipment
LED lighting
Navigation
Side steps
$14K off, great!

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
Clear Lake ram is notorious for this apparently. I had a great deal with them that they refused to honor without their dealer installed nitrogen, tint, “protection package” and wheel locks. $3,000 in blatant scamming. I hope someone reports them to the TX attorney general for false advertising.

good thing I didnt check them out. I ended up going to Autonation Ram in Spring, they took the truck I got from Autonation Ram in Houston near NRG Stadium. No BS was an easy transaction

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I would pass - way too early in the game. They should be giving at least 30% off that one.
Agree. Like Lil Miss Aways Wrong said in her excellent recap about buying these old stock lot units, be prepared to spend a lot of time with the service department getting the TSB’s and flashes done. For that trouble it should be 30%.

Zuck7787

Reaction score
This might sound silly, but I trade searching for it and didn’t see anything, where can you locate the info on when the truck was made? I am looking at one with eTorque and want to make sure it’s not from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
on my sticker there was a 4 digit number near the end of the barcode (1118), I assume it was 11/18 because I found an factory inspection receipt in the glove box that indicated it was checked out in mid 11/18

Ed Embry

Reaction score
Recently picked up my 4X2 Laramie, Delmonico Red Pearl, sport appearance package, 12" display. MSRP $52,705, got it for $36,600 plus TT&L. Fort Worth, TX. Super pumped about this truck.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score

“He said that the 20% was only available on the first 2 sales for each dealership and that they've already used up their 20% allotment. He said 15% was the best her could do, but could not give any dealer incentives on top of that and 15% off was the best he could do, and even then, he had the nerve to add freight back in, so it was 15% off MSRP, but then added back $1,695 in freight.”
Recently picked up my 4X2 Laramie, Delmonico Red Pearl, sport appearance package, 12" display. MSRP $52,705, got it for $36,600 plus TT&L. Fort Worth, TX. Super pumped about this truck.
another great deal, you’ll be happy!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Agree. Like Lil Miss Aways Wrong said in her excellent recap about buying these old stock lot units, be prepared to spend a lot of time with the service department getting the TSB’s and flashes done. For that trouble it should be 30%.
So my truck I got yesterday was built 12/18 and I did get 30% off, which is good. Is this still considered an early build? Should I too be prepared to spend a lot of time with the service department?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/