5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Got this offer from a local dealership.

What are your thoughts? Would I be able to haggle this offer down to $36,000 out the door? I would be able to walk out with $33,000 factoring in my trade in worth $3000

Will depend on the dealer. Good thing for you is that it is the end of the month so they might be willing to do a bit more. That right there already shows close to $12,000 in discounts/rebates but keep in mind some of that rebate might factor on financing with Chrysler. Other than that I got another $1500-2000 off my truck after they already knocked 12K off the sticker.

Reaction score
Will depend on the dealer. Good thing for you is that it is the end of the month so they might be willing to do a bit more. That right there already shows close to $12,000 in discounts/rebates but keep in mind some of that rebate might factor on financing with Chrysler. Other than that I got another $1500-2000 off my truck after they already knocked 12K off the sticker.

Good to know. I think I’ll head into the dealer tomorrow and see if I can knock it down to $36000 out the door and hopefully get me into a Ram. If not I’ll just walk out and see if they chase me.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Moved the rebates into the downpayment? What is that about?
And yes. $420 is 7% of $6,000 in rebates and the sales tax was $420 higher than I had anticipated. I pointed this out after doing the math by hand and he elaborated. Shady stuff but I caught it. Did not help me much, as I still feel Northgate Ram in Cincinnati did not appreciate or respect my business as much as they should have. Told him from the start Title would be held by my LLC and last minute they tell me the extended warranty goes from $2,600 to $4,800 for a “commercial warranty” due to the business owning the truck. That is not included in the math I had described previously, as I just learned this today.

You can have the rebates act as part of the downpayment as the truck. I don't understand all the verbage on the forums at the dealers, but on mine, the jeep and a mercedes that I just recently got, all of them had "Rebate as downpayment" which if it's there, whatever rebates you qualified for went as if you're putting it down as downpayment.

Hope that makes sense.

Hidaian

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new Ram 1500 by Friday. What do you guys think of this deal? It was offered with very little negotiation on my part.
The deal seems "OK" to me but I believe it could be better since it was so easy to get this deal. In the past ive had to work hard for a good deal.

Thank in advance.

Attachments

• ramoffer.png
    ramoffer.png
    542.3 KB · Views: 83

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
You can have the rebates act as part of the downpayment as the truck. I don't understand all the verbage on the forums at the dealers, but on mine, the jeep and a mercedes that I just recently got, all of them had "Rebate as downpayment" which if it's there, whatever rebates you qualified for went as if you're putting it down as downpayment.

Hope that makes sense.

I was told today at the dealership rebates typically get used as part of a “downpayment,” in a sense, except in the special case where it’s given back as cash to the buyer. Not every dealer allows that. Seems short-sighted, since your monthly payment and interest both increase.

Also, today I made Nothgate Dodge refund my LLC’s credit towards the vehicle I nearly placed an order on. Instead, I ordered through Kings Dodge in Mason, OH. Far better experience. Salesteam knew trucks and did not obscure the price. 3-6 weeks out for the order. Rebates cannot be locked in at this particular dealership, aside from $3,500, so the salesperson is going to let me chose to purchase in June or July, regardless of delivery date. Anybody here know if 4th of July is big on rebates?

Last edited:

boom3198

Reaction score
2019 3500 (SRW) Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Hemi
Black Appearance Package
HD Snow Plow Prep Group
RamBox Group
Laramie Lvl 2 Group
UConnect 12" display
Clearance Lamps
RamBox Cargo Management System

MSRP:$66,215
No rebates or special offers
Negotiated Price:$62,000

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Looking to buy a new Ram 1500 by Friday. What do you guys think of this deal? It was offered with very little negotiation on my part.
The deal seems "OK" to me but I believe it could be better since it was so easy to get this deal. In the past ive had to work hard for a good deal.

Thank in advance.

Seems like an OK deal at roughly $9200 off the sticker, but I guess it depends on what rebates are in your area and the trim level. My Big Horn was $12k off during memorial day weekend before I started negotiating.

mvfjet

Reaction score
I bought my Granite Crystal Metallic 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie 5.7L on May 23rd 2019. No extra options besides what I listed.

MSRP $49430
Dealer discount $9500. Up front no haggling. High volume dealer.

Rebates $3950.

$13450 total discount for a 27.3% off.

Wrote a check for $40,538.50 OTD after TTL. Pretty happy with this deal because I got everything I wanted and no extra options I didn't need.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Good to know. I think I’ll head into the dealer tomorrow and see if I can knock it down to $36000 out the door and hopefully get me into a Ram. If not I’ll just walk out and see if they chase me.

Well hopefully you weren't dead set on the blacked out Big Horn like I got for 38750, because it disappeared from Palmer's site so it likely sold already. I couldn't find any more like it within 250 miles of here. Hayes was the closest match which was almost identical but without the sunroof and alpine stereo system.

Meetis

Reaction score

Thank in advance.
2% taxes???

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
So I've been trying to decide if it's worth buying a 2019 or waiting for the 2020's and just order a new one, but I've come across one I wanted to get some opinions on. There is a 2019 Longhorn, built last Nov, that the dealer has apparently been driving around, 5k miles in fact and was curious if you were going to buy a new(used) truck, how much would you want them to take off? The MSRP is 68k and of course their first offer is 58k, though I have not stepped on the lot, so this is just their "look at us" price. When I thought it was new, which to me is under 100 miles, I would have been looking at around 54k with rebates and pre tax/title/license as a buying price. That's assuming after reading through this thread that 20% off MSRP is a reasonable discount this late in the year. Also it looks like I only qualify for 2k in rebates, so just wondering if there are others out there I should be pushing for? I think it was the $500 Memorial day, $500 Chrysler Financing and 2 x $500 Denver rebates. I'm a loyal Jeep owner, so don't qualify for anything for that I guess. Also I looked up a 2018 used for valuation, and it would be around 47k, and while this is technically still a new vehicle, if I drove it for 6 months and put 5k on it, it's a used vehicle, so I don't see the difference. (If a store owner sticks a piece of gum in his mouth, is it new or used at that point?) My question after all that is, if I'm looking at under 50K as an offer, I'm I just wasting my time or given this info, is that reasonable? Or is this one just better to walk away from and look at others?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
So I've been trying to decide if it's worth buying a 2019 or waiting for the 2020's and just order a new one, but I've come across one I wanted to get some opinions on. There is a 2019 Longhorn, built last Nov, that the dealer has apparently been driving around, 5k miles in fact and was curious if you were going to buy a new(used) truck, how much would you want them to take off? The MSRP is 68k and of course their first offer is 58k, though I have not stepped on the lot, so this is just their "look at us" price. When I thought it was new, which to me is under 100 miles, I would have been looking at around 54k with rebates and pre tax/title/license as a buying price. That's assuming after reading through this thread that 20% off MSRP is a reasonable discount this late in the year. Also it looks like I only qualify for 2k in rebates, so just wondering if there are others out there I should be pushing for? I think it was the $500 Memorial day, $500 Chrysler Financing and 2 x $500 Denver rebates. I'm a loyal Jeep owner, so don't qualify for anything for that I guess. Also I looked up a 2018 used for valuation, and it would be around 47k, and while this is technically still a new vehicle, if I drove it for 6 months and put 5k on it, it's a used vehicle, so I don't see the difference. (If a store owner sticks a piece of gum in his mouth, is it new or used at that point?) My question after all that is, if I'm looking at under 50K as an offer, I'm I just wasting my time or given this info, is that reasonable? Or is this one just better to walk away from and look at others?
I think under $50k is reasonable considering this should technically be considered a "used" vehicle with that many miles on it. I figure KBB roughly lists a fair purchase price as $53,970, maybe you can talk them down $2k from that and then add the rebates to that and you might come just under $50k. Worth a shot if that is the truck you want. Would be difficult to get a $68k longhorn for under $50k any other way.

mvfjet

Reaction score
I'd say $50k max. That's a 6 month old build that was probably driven hard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

kevin1914

Reaction score
Question: Is this a good deal?

Laramie 4x4 with Level 1 equipment/12 inch screen, Ram 1500 which has a sticker MSRP of 56K. My trade is about 5k negative based on average trade value.

Dealer said they can get me out of my trade and into this new Laramie for 51600.00

Is this a deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I would never buy a dealer demo vehicle, especially with that many miles on it.

In my experience having worked at a dealership as well as having known several GMs /Managers who drive demos, not only does the GM (or whoever is technically supposed to be driving it) beat on the vehicle, a lot of the time he lets other dealership employees use it to run errands for the dealership and they beat on it too.

Basically you'd be buying the dealership rental car that anyone who drives it beats on it because it's not theirs.

Even if you're in the market for a used vehicle I would rather buy a vehicle that was owned by a regular citizen than a demo from the dealership. Just my opinion.

Carlb

Reaction score
Black limited 4x4 advanced safety, 22" tires, 5.7 hemi, trailer control, sunroof, 33 gal tank, limited slip $67,040 sticker, $54,800 + TTL doc fee etc, $58k out the door

Hidaian

Reaction score
2% taxes???

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
What do you mean 2% taxes? If you are commenting on why they are so low its because you take the price of the vehicle and minus the trade in value and only pay taxes on the difference in my state

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses, I found another almost the same with LSD vs elocker about an hour away from this one, so think I might take a drive this weekend and try for 20% below MSRP on the non demo and if not, make a ridiculously low offer on the demo and make them include a max care warranty.

One last question, will they be offering better deals on Friday being the end of the month or does FCA include the weekend sales for May since they’re offering Memorial Day cash till the 3rd?

Cravenschild

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses, I found another almost the same with LSD vs elocker about an hour away from this one, so think I might take a drive this weekend and try for 20% below MSRP on the non demo and if not, make a ridiculously low offer on the demo and make them include a max care warranty.

One last question, will they be offering better deals on Friday being the end of the month or does FCA include the weekend sales for May since they’re offering Memorial Day cash till the 3rd?

If you get a better deal it will be because it is the end of the month and they are trying to meet a quota, rebates likely won't change much. Not 100% sure about the weekend part though, but in general the end of the month is the end of the month and they don't count the weekend towards it simply because it ends on a Thursday.

RazorbackRam

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Laura ram around St. Louis? I’ve fought with my local dealer for a while and the most they want to do on Laramie is 7500 bucks after all rebates and discounts. Laura has me in the 11-12k after everything how ever I don’t meet some of their regional discounts since they are Missouri and I’m in Arkansas. I’m in south and they are Midwest region. So basically the price Laura wants you to pay I have to add 1,000 to it. I’m trying to see what I should truly be getting off a Laramie sport in the 55k region.

Or is there a dealership in Arkansas that you can recommend me to go to that’s straight forward and not an all day affair splitting hairs

Users who are viewing this thread