5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

kevin1914

Reaction score
Spent 2 months waiting for them to give me $750/month, finally with memorial cash and end of the month they agreed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Did you have a trade with negative equity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramhead

Reaction score
Finally got deal done near closing time tonight.......was able to get $7250 in rebates/incentives (have excellent ++ credit) off MSRP of $47K...2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4, Level 1, anti spin diff, 20 inch chrome wheels/tires, fender liners, remote start, deluxe bucket seats. Tried to stick to $36500 as my max for a long time but they wouldn't come down to that. Dickered more and got them to $37200 before TTL.....I was hemming and hawwing for a bit and saying it wasn't good enough and floor manager came into deal asking what would get the deal done - I said throw in a bedliner, splash guards and floor mats and he did the deal. Said it was because it was the end of the month and I wouldn't have gotten him to bend as much if it weren't (B.S.?? who knows...but I'm happy). No trade-in.

Also, truck had not had anyone in it at all as a test ride.....plastic was still on the chrome wheels and covering the seats/dash with 3 miles on odo - gotta LOVE that feeling - no one but me and a salesman had been behind the wheel or farting up seats...LOL - I actually test drove it with plastic sheeting covering the driver's seat. It was off site (not right on lot) and they had to go get it from yard and bring to dealership (and yes...they actually drove it in with the plastic still covering the rims and insides..wish I had taken a photo). First I was afraid it had been sitting too long but door frame vin plate relieved my concerns...build date of 3/2019. I really lucked out doing all my research online and finding this truck in their stock but not prepped and being looked over/prodded/driven by multiple people (of course I didn't/couldn't know it was not "out in the open" and untouched but I made out!!). While we were doing deal there were a few guys checking it out by my sales guy had keys and assured me it wasn't going out with anyone else since we were very close on a deal.

Add to it that it was one of the few Quads in Delmonico Red available in my area with the options I wanted and the other few I could find in that color (which I really wanted) had tow package, bed utility group, etc and stickered at $50K+ (or came with the 3.6 liter).

Thanks to all who gave advice - I'm extremely happy on how I made out and truck is beautiful!

Apologies for the long post........

TLDR version: Got great deal, great truck, great experience, extremely happy with purchase!

Last edited:

AlexRod

Reaction score
Congrats!! Post pic soon. Can you PM me the dealer or post. Still looking in NJ as well. Thanks.

AR

Finally got deal done near closing time tonight.......was able to get $7250 in rebates/incentives (have excellent ++ credit) off MSRP of $47K..

Thanks to all who gave advice - I'm extremely happy on how I made out and truck is beautiful!

parnine

Reaction score
Short version :
2019 Big Horn CC, 5.7, 4x4
MSRP: $52,445
$13,500 off (25.7% - $7,750 rebates + $5,750 discount)
Price before TTL: $38,945

Long version:
Finally pulled the trigger and here is what I found in the Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA areas in looking at 2019 1500s the past few months. Factory incentives at the time make a few thousand dollar difference. I started looking at Rams with the 'Dec to remember' sales event (Ram had good marketing LOL) - But did not buy figuring the same incentives would come back mid year, and was planning for July time frame). Memorial day commercials worked :)

Past few months the starting point, no real negotiating, was around 15% off MSRP (this includes factory incentives and dealer discounta and is the general 'internet price' on dealer websites), and with 30 mins or so of negotiation could get to 18-20% (I only did this 2 times though) so this became my 'benchmark' and minimum.

COSTCO Member Only was the best deal 'to order', but still ended at 20.7% off MSRP (took the test drive for my $50 Amazon gift card)

Final deal on 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.7, Protection Group, Sport pckg, Level 2, 3.92, Anti-spin, 33 gal, 20" wheels, Trailer Brake
Price before TTL: $38,945 - 25.7% off MSRP ($7,750 Incentives + $5,750 Dealer Discount)

FYI - final w/ GA tax of$2,774.94 and dealer fees to register, which were steep IMHO at $697 all total, plus some wierd $21 'Non-Tax Fee' that salesman could not say what it was, was $42,37.94 OTD price - I did not like the $599 'doc prep' fee, but felt the bottom line OTD price was a good deal, so made no complaints - plus for the inspection/test drive I got another $50 Amazon gift card :)

Don Jackson CDJ, Union City, GA - Great Dealer, price was negotiated over phone, primarily via txt msgs, easy no hassle sales process, and quick paperwork as much of it was prepared before I arrived.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is the deal I am looking at:
2019 Big Horn
Hemi V8
Premium Speakers and Sub
Blind Spot Detection
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment
Sunroof
Lighting Group
Sport Appearance Package
20" Wheels
Brake controller and rubber mats thrown in by dealer.
MSRP: $50700
Discount: $5500
Rebates: $6500
Trade-in: $10800 (Fair)
$27900 Total, Just under $31,000 OTD
Only hitch is I have to finance the full amount through them for a minimum of 7 months before I can payoff. Don't know rate yet but my credit score is excellent. They did say I can pay as much extra per payment as I want thereby reducing the total interest I pay over the 7 months. What do you all think?
My FCA finance requirement was 90 days... better verify that. I had a 36 month at appx 4.3%

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Short version :
2019 Big Horn CC, 5.7, 4x4
$13,500 off (25.7% - $7,750 rebates + $5,750 discount)
Price before TTL: $38,945

Long version:
Finally pulled the trigger and here is what I found in the Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA areas in looking at 2019 1500s the past few months. Factory incentives at the time make a few thousand dollar difference. I started looking at Rams with the 'Dec to remember' sales event (Ram had good marketing LOL) - But did not buy figuring the same incentives would come back mid year, and was planning for July time frame). Memorial day commercials worked :)

Past few months the starting point, no real negotiating, was around 15% off MSRP (this includes factory incentives and dealer discounta and is the general 'internet price' on dealer websites), and with 30 mins or so of negotiation could get to 18-20% (I only did this 2 times though) so this became my 'benchmark' and minimum.

COSTCO Member Only was the best deal 'to order', but still ended at 20.7% off MSRP (took the test drive for my $50 Amazon gift card)

Final deal on 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.7, Protection Group, Sport pckg, Level 2, 3.92, Anti-spin, 33 gal, 20" wheels, Trailer Brake
Price before TTL: $38,945 - 25.7% off MSRP ($7,750 Incentives + $5,750 Dealer Discount)

FYI - final w/ GA tax of$2,774.94 and dealer fees to register, which were steep IMHO at $697 all total, plus some wierd $21 'Non-Tax Fee' that salesman could not say what it was, was $42,37.94 OTD price - I did not like the $599 'doc prep' fee, but felt the bottom line OTD price was a good deal, so made no complaints - plus for the inspection/test drive I got another $50 Amazon gift card :)

Don Jackson CDJ, Union City, GA - Great Dealer, price was negotiated over phone, primarily via txt msgs, easy no hassle sales process, and quick paperwork as much of it was prepared before I arrived.
Outstanding price, the doc fees are their garanteed profit no matter what. Its a business after all...

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brbnova

My FCA finance requirement was 90 days... better verify that. I had a 36 month at appx 4.3%
Does it say 90 days in the contract anywhere? I don't see why you couldn't wait for them to submit the paperwork, and refi the next day...It's not like they can take the rebates away since it's a legally binding contract.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Does it say 90 days in the contract anywhere? I don't see why you couldn't wait for them to submit the paperwork, and refi the next day...It's not like they can take the rebates away since it's a legally binding contract.
I forget but I was shown something that said the $500 FCA financing incentive was minimum 90 days. I don't doubt they get their FCA to dealer kickback but my bank said that 90 days with a 2019 still qualifies as “new” financing so I can get a quote later. The 2 quotes (excellent credit) were within .1% of each other on 36 months so it really didn’t matter to me.

B

brbnova

I forget but I was shown something that said the $500 FCA financing incentive was minimum 90 days. I don't doubt they get their FCA to dealer kickback but my bank said that 90 days with a 2019 still qualifies as “new” financing so I can get a quote later. The 2 quotes (excellent credit) were within .1% of each other on 36 months so it really didn’t matter to me.
So the only offer they gave me was 6.44% at 72 months (even with near perfect credit). Where as my bank and other institutions (BoA, Cap1, NavyFed) can offer close to 1/3 or at least half that. I'm baffled that that's all he could offer me with my excellent credit. I got the 90 day speech, but close to 3-4 pts APR is a big difference $$ wise even for a few months. I'm not trying to be that guy to the dealer, but I feel like i got screwed on the APR...and should refi ASAP

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
So the only offer they gave me was 6.44% at 72 months (even with near perfect credit). Where as my bank and other institutions (BoA, Cap1, NavyFed) can offer close to 1/3 or at least half that. I'm baffled that that's all he could offer me with my excellent credit. I got the 90 day speech, but close to 3-4 pts APR is a big difference $$ wise even for a few months. I'm not trying to be that guy to the dealer, but I feel like i got screwed on the APR...and should refi ASAP
If you went with them just refi as soon as possible, at least you got the incentive. Don't sit their for 72 months at that apr.

Reaction score
Paranine, I also went to Don Jackson today and walked away with a new 2019 Big Horn Ram

Details:
2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4x4
5.7 V8 Hemi
Protection Group
Level 2 Equipment
33 gallon tank
3.92 axle ratio
20in wheels
Rebates: $7500
Dealer discount: $5500
Sale Price $39,445
After TTL: final price was $42,844
Wrote $41000 on the paper and walked away with the deal for $41,000.

Got $3600 value on my trade in and I still owed $2400.

Ended up financing $39,800 for 72 months @ 3.89% interests with $599/month

What do you guys think about this deal?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Paranine, I also went to Don Jackson today and walked away with a new 2019 Big Horn Ram

Details:
5.7 V8 Hemi
Protection Group
Level 2 Equipment
33 gallon tank
3.92 axle ratio
20in wheels
Sale Price $39,445

Good negotiating, 13K in discounts is in itself a very good price. You weren’t even losing on your trade? Great, and you got a good apr. That’s a much more manageable loan than many I’ve seen. (y)

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brought home my ordered Longhorn. Rebates went up $500 since ordering on 4/30.

MSRP: 66,390
Final price: 54,326 + TTL

No trade in. Sold my old truck to Carvana which was super easy and got full KBB trade in value on the spot. A good 4k more than the best local dealer offered.

Now gotta go apply for that $250 Allstate Bonus Drive rebate.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Brought home my ordered Longhorn. Rebates went up $500 since ordering on 4/30.

MSRP: 66,390
Final price: 54,326 + TTL

No trade in. Sold my old truck to Carvana which was super easy and got full KBB trade in value on the spot. A good 4k more than the best local dealer offered.

Now gotta go apply for that $250 Allstate Bonus Drive rebate.
You guys are just killin’ me with your deals! I feel like I put designer clothes on 3 generations of my saleman’s family...

parnine

Reaction score

Details:
5.7 V8 Hemi
Protection Group
Level 2 Equipment
33 gallon tank
3.92 axle ratio
20in wheels
Sale Price $39,445

Not sure one will get better than that ! GREAT deal.

Did you get the Granite Crystal Metalic (dark gray) one' ? Based on MSRP, I think we got the same truck :) and I debated between that one and the silver, but I think they also had one in White and Red - good job on getting the extra $s off!

Reaction score
Not sure one will get better than that ! GREAT deal.

Did you get the Granite Crystal Metalic (dark gray) one' ? Based on MSRP, I think we got the same truck :) and I debated between that one and the silver, but I think they also had one in White and Red - good job on getting the extra $s off!

Yep I got the grey granite one, we most likely got the exact same truck. I was initially haggling on the white one of that model because it was priced about $300 cheaper bc of paint job. Turns out it was sold the day prior but the salesperson didn’t remove it off the list

Drove my truck to the lake today, very happy with the purchase. Now to look into getting a bed liner and side rails added.

irish

Reaction score
In feb 2019 end of the month where I need a truck bad.. my GMC 2015 1500 with lifters valves issue. I didnt want to go back to gmc.. so Ram is in my sight.
detail: 2019 trademan quad 4x4 package 27A sticker 44710.
out the door was 41500 with trade of 17000. plus discount of 3210.
good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread