5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jlud

Reaction score
Bad thing on People’s Republic of Cali is they if you pick up in the state I think you pay state sales tax, then your own states taxes....at least that was what I found when considering one. They had to deliver it to my state to avoid the CA tax.

thatfrenchie

Reaction score
Just inquiring about the price I’ve ordered my bighorn for... it’s a 2019 delmonico red pearl 1500 bighorn quad cab V8,4x4, level 1 equipment package. Getting it for $37,000. I really am looking into crew cabs now but i figured that was a good deal. I can cancel the order if need be, what do you think? I’m stationed in Sasebo, Japan now but am going to Alexandria VA, and ultimately Jacksonville Florida. Thanks for your insight in advance.

koreanmarko

Reaction score
Whats up guys,
I’ve been on this forum for a few weeks now.... it blows my mind the numbers some of you guys are paying for your truck. I wonder if those prices are even possible here in Hawaii. Anywayz... I’m super stocked because I’m planning on factory ordering a 4x4 crew cab Big Horn sometimes this month. Here are the specs I had in mind...

- 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab 5’7 box
- 3.6l v6 engine
- blackout appearance
- level 2 equipment group
- black sidestep
- uConnect 12in display
- pano sunroof
- 9 amplified speak w/ subwoof

When I built this online, the MSRP comes up to around $50,800 although I think it will be a tad higher than that because the destination charge in Hawaii is more. Theres some discounts that are going on and I was thinking of trying to negotiate and shoot for $43,000. What do you guys think? Also, do you think this month is a good month to factory order a truck? Or should I wait until August or fall for the 2020 ram?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Pricing wise, all bets are off in Hawaii since they know you don’t have a lot of choices. Try to get all the rebates you can and then try to play off the dealers against each other as much as possible. The numbers on this forum probably can’t be matched in Hawaii, especially if you are not on Oahu.

klail

Reaction score
Bad thing on People’s Republic of Cali is they if you pick up in the state I think you pay state sales tax, then your own states taxes....at least that was what I found when considering one. They had to deliver it to my state to avoid the CA tax.
That is not always the case. In Idaho, if you purchase a vehicle in a state where sales tax is more than our 6% then you don't owe Idaho anything. If the state where you purchased is less, then you owe the difference. Sometimes dealerships in the states surrounding your own will charge you the sales tax % of the state you will be registering in. I doubt CA is like that though because they are greedy for their tax dollars so like you mentioned, delivery was probably the best way around the high CA taxes.

ADJS

Reaction score
Whats up guys,
I’ve been on this forum for a few weeks now.... it blows my mind the numbers some of you guys are paying for your truck. I wonder if those prices are even possible here in Hawaii. Anywayz... I’m super stocked because I’m planning on factory ordering a 4x4 crew cab Big Horn sometimes this month. Here are the specs I had in mind...

- 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab 5’7 box
- 3.6l v6 engine
- blackout appearance
- level 2 equipment group
- black sidestep
- uConnect 12in display
- pano sunroof
- 9 amplified speak w/ subwoof

When I built this online, the MSRP comes up to around $50,800 although I think it will be a tad higher than that because the destination charge in Hawaii is more. Theres some discounts that are going on and I was thinking of trying to negotiate and shoot for $43,000. What do you guys think? Also, do you think this month is a good month to factory order a truck? Or should I wait until August or fall for the 2020 ram?

Im also in astonishment. When I mention it to the dealer they act like everybody but them is lying and won't budge. Majorly frustrating.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Im also in astonishment. When I mention it to the dealer they act like everybody but them is lying and won't budge. Majorly frustrating.

Where are you located, do you have any other dealers around either local or remotely?

Are there any negative indicators that may keep them willing to work with you?

DraKhen99

Reaction score
They are offering 0% interest on 2500s in my area...its only 36 months tho...company pays them off in 2 tho lol

Oh, gotcha! Yeah, I saw one or two credit unions were offering that too. I am not paying this thing off in 2 or 3 years, so I wasn't going for the 0%. I'll pay extra each month, but a 36-month loan on my limited would've stretched my finances too thin.

-John

koreanmarko

Reaction score
Pricing wise, all bets are off in Hawaii since they know you don’t have a lot of choices. Try to get all the rebates you can and then try to play off the dealers against each other as much as possible. The numbers on this forum probably can’t be matched in Hawaii, especially if you are not on Oahu.

Thanx for your input. Yea.... our dealership on the island has been really firm with their pricing compared to the mainland. Instead of factory ordering, would it put me in a better position to try to negotiate down a truck on the dealership lot? I also thinking about going to Oahu when there are sales event such as memorial day since they have more selections over there. Anyhow, I'm planning on going to the dealership today to just get some rough numbers on the factory order I had in mind. I'll update you guys what number they come up with!

ADJS

Reaction score
Where are you located, do you have any other dealers around either local or remotely?

Are there any negative indicators that may keep them willing to work with you?
Im not sure what the indicators would be honestly.
Ive contacted at least 15 and most don't even respond when I ask them for "the real numbers" I'm tired of this "game" lol.

Located in Mid Michigan

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Im not sure what the indicators would be honestly.
Ive contacted at least 15 and most don't even respond when I ask them for "the real numbers" I'm tired of this "game" lol.

Located in Mid Michigan
Try the forum sponsors, and include Kernersville Ram in NC. Then if you have a price from Dillon, Koons, Kernersville and maybe one other volume dealer (theres a guy outside of St Louis, I forget which dealer tho’), and present those quotes (same truck as much as possible of course) to your local dealers. The price of a one way air fare and the drive back has to be figured in, maybe you dont have the time to make a long trip. I didn't even use the buying services (AAA, Costco, USAA) because they are pretty much the same as True Car (or are exactly the same) which you can do on your own.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Try the forum sponsors, and include Kernersville Ram in NC. Then if you have a price from Dillon, Koons, Kernersville and maybe one other volume dealer (theres a guy outside of St Louis, I forget which dealer tho’), and present those quotes (same truck as much as possible of course) to your local dealers. The price of a one way air fare and the drive back has to be figured in, maybe you dont have the time to make a long trip. I didn't even use the buying services (AAA, Costco, USAA) because they are pretty much the same as True Car (or are exactly the same) which you can do on your own.

USAA is $1000 where true car was $500

Same service, but there was a price difference

Ram92131

Reaction score
How did you manage 0%? My credit is phenomenal and the best I could do was 3.31%.

-John
I got 0% for 36months from Chrysler Capital as well. It was published on their website... no secret. Longer terms had higher rates.

Ram92131

Reaction score
I’d say that the structure of the deal and where the discount comes from matters. You’d have to consider how many of the rebates you qualify for. You can’t really walk in with a “gotta get” price unless you know what you are eligible for. Some people here are getting several thousand in rebates. In my case I only qualified for $500 bonus cash. So almost all the discount on my Limited was from the dealer, and they knocked $8700 off in addition to the rebate. Some here have gotten a little more out of the dealer, others far less. Definitely shop around online.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’d say that the structure of the deal and where the discount comes from matters. You’d have to consider how many of the rebates you qualify for. You can’t really walk in with a “gotta get” price unless you know what you are eligible for. Some people here are getting several thousand in rebates. In my case I only qualified for $500 bonus cash. So almost all the discount on my Limited was from the dealer, and they knocked $8700 off in addition to the rebate. Some here have gotten a little more out of the dealer, others far less. Definitely shop around online.
Definitely agree with above, not everyone qualifies for rebates and the dealers don’t seem to budge on them.
In my case, my wife “limited” (ha ha) my choices to a limited with a specific exterior and interior color combination. Had I been looking for myself and had more flexibility, I would have been able to save a few more $. As it was, with just two trucks meeting the requirements, and the dealer knowing that I had already eliminated a long drive to a competitor, the negotiating position was weaker. Had I been willing to accept a Bighorn with a black interior, I could have had my choice of 20+ with hefty discounts.
1st world problem, I’ll take it...

PRM

Reaction score
Sticker price on my 2019 Laramie, 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, Sport Package, custom build Ivory Tri-coat was right at $54k.

Trade in plus difference, came to 49k.

I probably could have done better if I had bought from existing inventory, but I wanted that specific color and package.

wpm1960

Reaction score
Here is the deal I am looking at:
2019 Big Horn
Hemi V8
Premium Speakers and Sub
Blind Spot Detection
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment
Sunroof
Lighting Group
Sport Appearance Package
20" Wheels
Brake controller and rubber mats thrown in by dealer.
MSRP: $50700
Discount: $5500
Rebates: $6500
Trade-in: $10800 (Fair)
$27900 Total, Just under $31,000 OTD
Only hitch is I have to finance the full amount through them for a minimum of 7 months before I can payoff. Don't know rate yet but my credit score is excellent. They did say I can pay as much extra per payment as I want thereby reducing the total interest I pay over the 7 months. What do you all think?

Ben Alex

Reaction score
2019 Laramie Crew Cab. Level 1 equipment, split bench front seats, panoramic sunroof. 3.21 open, 5.7 Hemi no etorque, towing package, bed package.

MSRP 53,200
Rebate 3,000
Negotiated 6200
Out the door $44,000 including all taxes title and fees. and they threw in the all-weather floor mats

I also negotiated my trade in $2k as that was the same as discount on the truck to me. Traded in a 2015 tacoma for $25,000 and I owed $15,000. financed $34,000 all said and done

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Here is the deal I am looking at:
2019 Big Horn
Hemi V8
Premium Speakers and Sub
Blind Spot Detection
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment
Sunroof
Lighting Group
Sport Appearance Package
20" Wheels
Brake controller and rubber mats thrown in by dealer.
MSRP: $50700
Discount: $5500
Rebates: $6500
Trade-in: $10800 (Fair)
$27900 Total, Just under $31,000 OTD
Only hitch is I have to finance the full amount through them for a minimum of 7 months before I can payoff. Don't know rate yet but my credit score is excellent. They did say I can pay as much extra per payment as I want thereby reducing the total interest I pay over the 7 months. What do you all think?

The fact that they're forcing you to pay through them is a bad sign. You know what the offer is, go to a real bank or credit union with better APR (most likely) and go back.

Just my 0.02c

Users who are viewing this thread