5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Meetis

Reaction score
I thought we will have a lot of posts today, last day of the month. I'm in the dealership now, trying to get my 20.5%/$12.7k off MSRP on 61k limited, they don't want to. They only giving $10k off, 16.26% off

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cdancidhe

Reaction score
I thought we will have a lot of posts today, last day of the month. I'm in the dealership now, trying to get my 20.5%/$12.7k off MSRP on 61k limited, they don't want to. They only giving $10k off, 16.26% off

Walk away and tell them you will be back over the weekend. Then shop around. More likely than not they will lower the price on the spot, or call you later.

Meetis

Reaction score
Walk away and tell them you will be back over the weekend. Then shop around. More likely than not they will lower the price on the spot, or call you later.
Well, they are looking into different options to get me to the monthly rate I asked for, they are trying no rebates and 0% rate to see if it works. But if they won't give me my price, I'm walking away

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Well, I didn't buy mine tonight, with 2 little ones at home it wasn't possible to get up there. Maybe this weekend. Let's hope the incentives for May are the same or better than April.

John

FirstimeRAM

Reaction score

I didnt know there was a 61k limited. All the limiteds here are 64 and up.

Meetis

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of them that low, but they don't have any options on them. Still quite well-equipped though.

John
As equipped as some Laramies, more than enough for me:)

FirstimeRAM

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of them that low, but they don't have any options on them. Still quite well-equipped though.

John
I was kind of wondering if I should have looked for one at 61k. I wonder what has more options? A 61k Limited or a 61k Laramie

DraKhen99

Reaction score
As equipped as some Laramies, more than enough for me:)

And at the end of the day, that's why the manufacturers all have a million ways to equip a truck - everyone wants or needs something slightly different. As long as you're getting what YOU want, then that's the truck for you! I don't poo-poo anyone who wants a base model truck or a fully-loaded top trim truck - we all have different needs and budgets.

I was kind of wondering if I should have looked for one at 61k. I wonder what has more options? A 61k Limited or a 61k Laramie

IIRC, it's gonna be the Limited. I know I priced out a Laramie Longhorn to be Limited-like in equipment, and it came out slightly MORE expensive!

-John

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this the out the door price?
Did you have a trade?
Any suggestions on scoring a deal like this?
I did have a trade so the out the door price was indeed lowered. There were no processing fee's as many dealers like to add to boost their margins. I traded a 2009 Challenger R/T with 106k miles in excellent condition and they gave me $11,500 for it. The reason i got this deal is because the dealer that had the truck mistakenly put too many miles on it therefore they had to sell it as used. The truck had 1459 miles on it. I think i was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Got similar feedback....no one wanted to be very aggressive with pricing at month end in April.

No problem, I am more than patient...they need to sell them at some point....Play the long game.

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking at getting my first truck. 2019 Laramie Crew Cab, looks like MSRP is $53,670, dealer is offering $42,451 before TTL/fees. Any thoughts on this? Window sticker attached.

Attachments

• 20190501131658960.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 44

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking at getting my first truck. 2019 Laramie Crew Cab, looks like MSRP is $53,670, dealer is offering $42,451 before TTL/fees. Any thoughts on this? Window sticker attached.
Without seeing the breakdown of Dealer Discount vs. factory rebates, I would say this looks to be a good deal regardless. Go for it! Just don't get suckered into any extras like windshield protection or any of that other stuff the finance guy will try to add.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
OK, so I've got a tentative deal on my hands, with any luck I'll be buying it tonight...

2019 Limited w/short bed and most of the trimmings (eTorque 5.7, Level 1, anti-spin 3.92 rear, pano roof, bed step, 33-gal tank, 22" wheels, brake controller, body color bumpers), minus the RAM Boxes, which is the only thing I wanted but can't seem to find. It's Billet Silver (I would've preferred Patriot Blue, but NOBODY around here has one).

MSRP: $69,595

Trade-in includes $15,500 in positive equity.

OTD: $47,178

What do you all think?

-John

I didn't end up buying the truck last night but I verified today that the incentives are the same for May.

Y'all think I'm getting a good deal?

John

Ram92131

Reaction score
I didn't end up buying the truck last night but I verified today that the incentives are the same for May.

Y'all think I'm getting a good deal?

John
It depends on what your rebate structure looks like. I'd assume that without your 15k trade clouding the deal, you'd be at 47,178+15,500=62,678. So your total discount from MSRP is 69,595-62,678=6,917. I don't know your rebate structure but deduct whatever you qualify for from 6,917 to know what the true dealer discount is. Personally, the dealer discount I received was higher, but everyone's circumstances differ and what's important is that you're comfortable. Seems folks are getting both better and worse pricing than this.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
It depends on what your rebate structure looks like. I'd assume that without your 15k trade clouding the deal, you'd be at 47,178+15,500=62,678. So your total discount from MSRP is 69,595-62,678=6,917. I don't know your rebate structure but deduct whatever you qualify for from 6,917 to know what the true dealer discount is. Personally, the dealer discount I received was higher, but everyone's circumstances differ and what's important is that you're comfortable. Seems folks are getting both better and worse pricing than this.

Thanks, I'll try to get the breakdown from the dealer tomorrow and post it.

I think it's an OK price but not great. The only things I plan on asking for are for them to throw in a 6yr warranty and a RAM hat LOL.

This deal is $4k lower than it was in December, and I've only paid off about $2k more on my truck in the intervening months. We were at $51k out the door back then.

My biggest concerns right now are color (it's silver instead of blue or white), bed access (I have bad knees, which is why I got the tailgate step on my F-150) and payload (it's gonna be in the High 1200s or low 1300s, whereas I have 1575 now, and I used every bit of it Saturday hauling landscaping materials). I'm not worried about it towing my 7x14 enclosed trailer (gvwr of 7k).

Thanks again for your help,

John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
OK, I took the Limited I'm looking at for a test drive today... and man do I like this truck more and more! I realized my payoff for my current truck is about $500 higher than I thought, so I'll cough that up to keep the price where they quoted me - and no, I haven't gotten a breakdown yet. The price is OK for me... seems to be about 15% off MSRP. I'm going to either ask them to lower it by $2k or throw in a 6yr/75k warranty with $0 deductible. I did a Zeigler quote and got $1,850 or so for the warranty, so that's the price I'm going to shoot for. If they just lower their price I may buy the warranty at a later date. I've had my current truck 3.5 years and my one before this for 4.25 years, so the extended warranties may not be worth it.

The bed step is a must-have for my bad knees and I'm happy to report that even without a grab handle, it works well. I am able to safely and easily get into and out of the bed, both tailgate up and down - what a relief!

Payload on this truck is 1,320lbs, which I think will be fine for 99% of my usage. It's worth it for the trade-off in ride alone... so much smoother than my F-150.

The silver color is growing on me, and I think I like it better than Patriot Blue, which I saw on a truck in their showroom. The Indigo/Frost interior is sweet!

I've decided to skip the RAM boxes, so I get more bed space, unless someone has a compelling reason not to? They wouldn't fit our usual luggage anyway, so I'll be getting a bed cover anyhow.

They tagged out the truck and I took it home to show my wife, and she said it was a really nice truck, but it's overkill. Then again, we pay our bills on time, have money to put in savings, and the kids and retirement are being taken care off, so what does it matter? :D (her words) She really likes the truck but is afraid to put THAT thought into words.

Oh, and the dealer says they found another $500 rebate, so the price will be around $46,700 with $500 down from me. That is an all-inclusive OTD price. I'll post up the details after I buy it tomorrow :D

-John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Great report John. What area are you in? Seems like a great price to me.

I'm in Maryland, and after the deal is done, if they continue to be easy to work with, I'll post the dealership name and salesperson I worked with.

Got a personal call from the Sales Mgr Thursday, saw him today (salesperson was off today). He was pleasant to work with, and didn't hesitate to have me fill out a liability waiver and tag out the truck so I could show CINCHOUSE/SWMBO/whateveryoucallyourwifeinyourhouse. He even made sure it had plenty of gas and explained a few of the features so I could better enjoy my test drive.

The price works out to about 15% off MSRP, if I'm doing my math right. I'd prefer to be closer to 20% off. We'll see how tomorrow goes - I'm 95% sure we're gonna buy the truck.

Looks like Zeigler will sell you a new warranty on a truck you bought new, even if it's not the same day/week/month/year you bought it... that's pretty cool. Lets me wait a bit and see how well I like the truck. Minimum I'll keep one is 3 years - I usually end up with about $15k in positive equity, so the next deal is in the same ballpark price-wise.

If you like THESE reports, just hope I get the truck - I'll have a full review, replete with pictures, on my automotive blog. It'll take a few weeks to get pics and write it up, but should be worth the read.

Thanks,

-John

Users who are viewing this thread