5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

alangsam

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram Limited 4 x 4 in Late February. My MSRP was a Shade over 62K. After $4250 in Rebates, negotiations, not including Tax/License (License in WA is ridiculous $799.50!), $48,854.00 was the bottom line. Invoice was $56,760.00. It also had the front windows tinted and dealer spray in bedliner.

Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauleywauley

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Might be signing on the dotted line for a ‘19 Laramie tomorrow. Here’s the “proposal” from the dealer. Should I push for more? First time buying new. Thanks! Paul

Sticker MSRP: $57,235
- $2,200 rebates
- $5,800 dealer discounts
$49,235 before taxes & licensing.
- - - -
$52,800 out the door.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Might be signing on the dotted line for a ‘19 Laramie tomorrow. Here’s the “proposal” from the dealer. Should I push for more? First time buying new. Thanks! Paul

Sticker MSRP: $57,235
- $2,200 rebates
- $5,800 dealer discounts
$49,235 before taxes & licensing.
- - - -
$52,800 out the door.
under 50 otd would be better

Pauleywauley

Reaction score
under 50 otd would be better

Thanks! we spoke on the phone a few minutes ago, he believes they can “do better” after I sent him a few competing trucks in the area. Hoping to hit that price point.

Is there any sort of tactic that works best in getting them to get real on the bottom line? I was thinking of something like, “Do you really want me to walk outta here without that truck to go price shop?”

alangsam

Reaction score
Thanks! we spoke on the phone a few minutes ago, he believes they can “do better” after I sent him a few competing trucks in the area. Hoping to hit that price point.

Is there any sort of tactic that works best in getting them to get real on the bottom line? I was thinking of something like, “Do you really want me to walk outta here without that truck to go price shop?”

They have a saying in the car business “never let them walk”

Wheeler

Reaction score
Lot of room for negotiation stiil there my local dealers offering 8000 off plus any rebate you qualify for on top of dealer discount.
I got mine out the door for 47000.that include 8.25 % California rip off tax and 700 registration.
Truck detail are in signature to compare.
Happy hunting.

Dunkbait

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram Limited 4 x 4 in Late February. My MSRP was a Shade over 62K. After $4250 in Rebates, negotiations, not including Tax/License (License in WA is ridiculous $799.50!), $48,854.00 was the bottom line. Invoice was $56,760.00. It also had the front windows tinted and dealer spray in bedliner.
Kevin, What dealership did you buy your truck from?

jaceski90

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.

Looking to purchase my first truck. I'm looking at 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Non e-torque, uconnect 12, lvl 2 equipment, off road pkg, rambox bed and sport pkg. MSRP is $64855. Dealer is offering $54799. OTD is $59k. Seems a little high to me still. What should I be looking at? Dealer is in Boise.

Restrewa

Reaction score
Hello Kevin,
May I ask you how did you go from 62K to 48.8K? Did you have a trade in. Also what is you dealership? I am in Seattle...

barr0208

Reaction score
2019 ram sport 4x4 crew 6.4 box ,spray in bed liner ,deployable steps, nav -alpine panoramic roof, leather buckets front and rear sensors, blind spot, tow mirrors, brake controller, mopar custom fit slush mats, got a complete polish job included and 2 jackets and a ram cap. $73,290 msrp $57,937 purchase price traded in my 2016 Laramie quad cab buckets and nav -alpine, spray in bedliner got $33,000 for my trade came off the $57,937 =$24,937 plus fees and taxes.

alangsam

Reaction score
2019 ram sport 4x4 crew 6.4 box ,spray in bed liner ,deployable steps, nav -alpine panoramic roof, leather buckets front and rear sensors, blind spot, tow mirrors, brake controller, mopar custom fit slush mats, got a complete polish job included and 2 jackets and a ram cap. $73,290 msrp $57,937 purchase price traded in my 2016 Laramie quad cab buckets and nav -alpine, spray in bedliner got $33,000 for my trade came off the $57,937 =$24,937 plus fees and taxes.

Is this Canadian. Dollars? Also what is a ram sport? Is that only available in Canada?

NJC1684

Reaction score
Is this Canadian. Dollars? Also what is a ram sport? Is that only available in Canada?

Appearance package with body colored bumpers, door handles & grille. Different hood, 20" wheels, black interior accents, power folding mirrors & leather bucket seats.

Kevin S

Reaction score
Hello Kevin,
May I ask you how did you go from 62K to 48.8K? Did you have a trade in. Also what is you dealership? I am in Seattle...
I did have a trade, but the above was my negotiated price less rebates before and after I negotiated trade (I did not involve the trade till later!), not including tax, license, down payment, trade equity. My truck was a March of 2018 build, I am sure it was old inventory, and I am sure that had a lot to do with what I paid. Pm Me for dealer and other info, as I feel the forum is not the place for advocating dealers.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here.

Looking to purchase my first truck. I'm looking at 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. Non e-torque, uconnect 12, lvl 2 equipment, off road pkg, rambox bed and sport pkg. MSRP is $64855. Dealer is offering $54799. OTD is $59k. Seems a little high to me still. What should I be looking at? Dealer is in Boise.
Definitely high. The dealer should be able to discount at least $7,500 with still some room up past $8k if they are really aggressive. This should be the discount before the manufacturer incentives that should bring you up over $10k in total discounts at least I would assume. Then tack on the fees you cannot avoid like license fees, doc fee, taxes. Watch out for add ons that the dealer tries to sneak in like paint or windshield protection or whatever. If they try to tack anything extra on tell them to forget it. Also I would recommend to buy a direct from Mopar warranty after the fact. The dealer will be very aggressive to buy some warranty through them. Tell them no and buy from mopardirect.com or some other mopar website that has good deals and is direct from mopar.

alangsam

Reaction score
Definitely high. The dealer should be able to discount at least $7,500 with still some room up past $8k if they are really aggressive. This should be the discount before the manufacturer incentives that should bring you up over $10k in total discounts at least I would assume. Then tack on the fees you cannot avoid like license fees, doc fee, taxes. Watch out for add ons that the dealer tries to sneak in like paint or windshield protection or whatever. If they try to tack anything extra on tell them to forget it. Also I would recommend to buy a direct from Mopar warranty after the fact. The dealer will be very aggressive to buy some warranty through them. Tell them no and buy from mopardirect.com or some other mopar website that has good deals and is direct from mopar.

You can go to mopardirect.com and price it out and bring to them and ask them to match it.

jb772

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of trading in my Cummins and purchasing a 5th Gen 1500, how's this look? Located in South Florida:
2019 Big Horn
3.6 eTorque
Granite Crystal
Deluxe cloth bucket seats
Protection Group
Premium Lighting Group
Trailer Tow Group
Anti Spin Diff
Level 2 Equipment
Sport Appearance Package
Blind spot / Cross path detection

Market Value Selling Price - $50,610
Dealer Discount - $6,453
Rebates - $$$$$

They said I'd be walking out the door anywhere between $44,000 - $46,000 because the price will vary depending on what the rebates are when the truck I'm building hits the lot, but said it could be $500 or $2000 they can't be certain.

Is this a good deal, or should I walk? I'd be trading in my 2018 2500 6.7 Sport with 8,000 miles and they appraised me at $43,500 but I have cash offers to sell it for $48,000 - they said I'd be saving money if I traded the truck in, plus I'd be able to drive my truck until the new truck hits the lot, If I sell it private then I'll have to buy something to hold me over and then deal w/ selling that.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of trading in my Cummins and purchasing a 5th Gen 1500, how's this look? Located in South Florida:
2019 Big Horn
3.6 eTorque
Granite Crystal
Protection Group
Premium Lighting Group
Trailer Tow Group
Anti Spin Diff
Level 2 Equipment
Sport Appearance Package

Dealer Discount - $6,453
Rebates - $$$$$

They said I'd be walking out the door anywhere between $44,000 - $46,000 because the price will vary depending on what the rebates are when the truck I'm building hits the lot, but said it could be $500 or $2000 they can't be certain.

Is this a good deal, or should I walk? I'd be trading in my 2018 2500 6.7 Sport with 8,000 miles and they appraised me at $43,500 but I have cash offers to sell it for $48,000 - they said I'd be saving money if I traded the truck in, plus I'd be able to drive my truck until the new truck hits the lot, If I sell it private then I'll have to buy something to hold me over and then deal w/ selling that.
If you're not getting at least 18-20% MSRP off then walk away!

alangsam

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn
3.6 eTorque
Granite Crystal
Protection Group
Premium Lighting Group
Trailer Tow Group
Anti Spin Diff
Level 2 Equipment
Sport Appearance Package

Dealer Discount - $6,453
Rebates - $$$$$

I would think hard about the 3.6 vs the 5.7 in terms of resale value. Your going to get 1-2 mpg at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread