5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heres my offer so far not including ttl. What do you guys think? I’m located in Los Angeles.
what dealer ? I hear huntington beach dealer has good prices . you can get a way better deal than that.

Oscmon08

Reaction score
Glendale ram. I am planning on visiting Huntington Beach, but for now I just want to drive to those close to me before I start heading out farther places.

jrexer

Reaction score
what dealer ? I hear huntington beach dealer has good prices . you can get a way better deal than that.

Huntington Beach is notorious for adding large add ons. I went there a couple weeks ago and they wanted $3995 in non-negotiable add ons. Check their yelp reviews. With that being said, they still have very competitive pricing but you’re probably going to find out that the trim/options you think you can afford might not be the case because of all the add ons.

I ended up purchasing my truck from Russel Westbrook in Van Nuys. Transparent and no add ons. Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscmon08

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, I’ll be very happy if I can get 46k OTD. Is that realistic here?

jrexer

Reaction score
Glendale ram. I am planning on visiting Huntington Beach, but for now I just want to drive to those close to me before I start heading out farther places.

I got a quote from them too. They weren’t nearly as competitive. My suggestion, when you’re ready to purchase (hopefully you can wait until the end of the month) shoot all the dealers in your area an email asking for the best price. Send them a window sticker on the truck with your exact options so you compare apples to apples.

I ended up getting my big horn with a MSRP of $47,500 for $39,950 out the door. Which for a CA purchase I thought was solid considering our insane TTL fees. But that’s another topic :)

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Huntington Beach is notorious for adding large add ons. I went there a couple weeks ago and they wanted $3995 in non-negotiable add ons. Check their yelp reviews. With that being said, they still have very competitive pricing but you’re probably going to find out that the trim/options you think you can afford might not be the case because of all the add ons.

I ended up purchasing my truck from Russel Westbrook in Van Nuys. Transparent and no add ons. Good luck with your purchase.

Cool. I dont have any personal experience with huntington just saw some of their prices on car guru up to 16k 0ff with incentives .

jrexer

Reaction score
Cool. I dont have any personal experience with huntington just saw some of their prices on car guru up to 16k 0ff with incentives .

That’s what drew me a a Laramie on their lot. It has close to a $52k sticker advertised for around $35k with rebates. I’m in OC so I drove down there. I told them I had read their yelp reviews and understood their business model and didn’t want to waste their time and wanted to know the cost. Supposedly this is 2 key replacements, paint coating (I can’t see what this does as I work in the collision industry), nitrogen tires and gps. When the salesman finally got around to playing 4 square with me that’s when they dropped the $3995. They had a dealer discount of close to $10k on truck so when you factor in the $3995 you still got a pretty hefty discount of $6k. Just more than I wanted to spend on a truck so I walked.

In speaking to a couple other dealers in the OC/LA area seems like all have these “add ons”. My advice, have the dealers be upfront with their add on fee (if any) so you’re not caught up on the back end.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Heres my offer so far not including ttl. What do you guys think? I’m located in Los Angeles.
I think you can still get at least a couple grand more off in the dealer discount. General rule of thumb is take the MSRP and then add all the discounts and manufacturer incentives together. The discounts should equal as close as you can get to 18% -22% off the MSRP. I have not done the math on your offer but try to get in that range.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s what drew me a a Laramie on their lot. It has close to a $52k sticker advertised for around $35k with rebates. I’m in OC so I drove down there. I told them I had read their yelp reviews and understood their business model and didn’t want to waste their time and wanted to know the cost. Supposedly this is 2 key replacements, paint coating (I can’t see what this does as I work in the collision industry), nitrogen tires and gps. When the salesman finally got around to playing 4 square with me that’s when they dropped the $3995. They had a dealer discount of close to $10k on truck so when you factor in the $3995 you still got a pretty hefty discount of $6k. Just more than I wanted to spend on a truck so I walked.

In speaking to a couple other dealers in the OC/LA area seems like all have these “add ons”. My advice, have the dealers be upfront with their add on fee (if any) so you’re not caught up on the back end.

love it when they charge for nitrogen in the tires when I can go to costco and they will fill for free.

acat

Reaction score
The rebates on Laramie trim is now dramatically back to 2200 from 1700 now....

Creep0321

Reaction score
Does the catch can really helps?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no idea but from what I’ve read it seems like a good investment for the long run/life of the engine.

niko1

Reaction score
I got a 2019 big horn black edition crew cab with level 2, rambox, the upgraded lights, etorque, trailer brake and a few other things. I got them to throw in a spray in bedliner as well. sticker was 54050. I traded in a 2011 quad big horn 4x4 with 121k miles. Final price was 33500, after TTL it was 35700 or something.

I think I did ok, but probably did mediocre.

I did not get the cargo divider with the Rambox, I should have tried to get that in there I incorrectly assumed you got that included with Rambox. My mistake.

Razilla76

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 1500 with:

V8 (non e-tourqe)
3.92 axle
33 gallon fuel tank
E locker
Off road package
Sport appearance package
Level 1 equipment group
Bed utility group
Navigation
Under seat storage
Trailer brake control

MSRP $57,050
Dealer price $52,023 ($500 below invoice) not including any incentive upon delivery.

Located in Northern California.

6ab59c37c0964eb7cb8f0358e24e041a.jpg

ram1500BH

Reaction score
This is the offer I have right now:

Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4

MSRP: 47,065
Sale Price: 42,780
Incentives: 4,000
Residual: 26,827

$2K DAS (taxes, tags, 1st month), $339/mo

What do you guys think?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went to Cerritos and they didn't have anything extra on the back end. Standard fees (tax, title, etc.) and a flat $85 documentation fee. Nothing added and nothing hidden. That made it worthwhile after going through the negotiations with the sales staff.

I don't know what the deals are now but at the end of last month when I was shopping for my truck it seemed to be about $10K off of Big Horns and $5K off of Laramies. Some were higher and some were lower so I don't know if had to do with certain packages or if some were on the lot longer than others.

It seemed like Big Horns with tow mirrors were ripe for the picking since you not only lose power folding and 360 degree view, but also heat as well this year (unless you bump up to a Laramie or higher). I would have liked heat but I definitely wanted the trailer tow group.

Jro

Reaction score
Laramie Longhorn (see sig)
Sticker: $66,445
Dealer Discount: $8,787
Rebate: $750
Doc fee: $200

Got 0% for 36 months

Kevin S

Reaction score
I bought my 2019 Ram Limited 4 x 4 in Late February. My MSRP was a Shade over 62K. After $4250 in Rebates, negotiations, not including Tax/License (License in WA is ridiculous $799.50!), $48,854.00 was the bottom line. Invoice was $56,760.00. It also had the front windows tinted and dealer spray in bedliner.

Users who are viewing this thread