5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

corlun

Reaction score
Done! Trigger Pulled!!
factory ordered today - psyched

2019 Limited
MSRP: $68,020
Invoice: $62,000
Dealer Price $59,995
Paid $56,295
(after $3,750 in locked in rebates)
That's $11,725 (17%) below sticker. Pretty good I feel for being in NY.
Most dealers we're only offering the one $1250 rebate. He found a total of 4 rebates for $2750 and I found a 4th for a total of $5,750.

Rebates for those if you looking
32CK1 $1250
45CKBB $250
35CKB1 $250
38CK5 $1000 (I found this one - Competitors Truck Owner)
NECKA $1000

2019 Limited
Max Steel
Black interior
5'7" Bed
Ram Boxes
5.7 Hemi eTorque
2.92 axle
Trailer Brake Control
Level 1 Pkg
Dual Sunroof
Deployable bed step

Trade in value TBD in 8 weeks or sell privately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Currently have a limited on order in Florida. How do I look up those rebates to see if I qualify?

Jr2121

Reaction score
Done! Trigger Pulled!!

2019 Limited
Dealer Price $59,995
Paid $56,295
Most dealers we're only offering the one $1250 rebate. He found a total of 4 rebates for $2750 and I found a 4th for a total of $5,750.

32CK1 $1250
45CKBB $250
35CKB1 $250
NECKA $1000

2019 Limited
Max Steel
Black interior
5'7" Bed
Ram Boxes
5.7 Hemi eTorque
2.92 axle
Trailer Brake Control
Level 1 Pkg
Dual Sunroof
Deployable bed step

That’s nearly the exact truck I was looking to order. Congrats! I hope to grow a set of stones by Monday and pull the trigger myself.
I’m working two dealers right now. One has the exact truck at another dealership a couple hours away. They’re offering it to me at $56,895 OTD not including ttl and I can have it by the end of the week. Another dealer about 5 hours away will order for me, offering $57,895 and I keep whatever rebates are available when it arrives in approximately 8 weeks.
I think I can likely get it cheaper if I order and take the rebates when it arrives, but if it’s only gonna be $500-1000 it might be worth just buying it local, that way if anything goes wrong the local dealer might be easier to work with, plus it’s just nice to buy local.
What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any CFA dealer/service center will work on it. That all goes through the service department and they could care less where you bought it. I've bought all my vehicles at other dealers but had them service locally in fact have even gone online and bought extended warranties from dealers out in Virginia or Kansas and that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter where you buy the extended warranty from because it's all through the automaker. you're always able to get the rebates that are available at the time of delivery which will usually get even better as it gets closer to the 2020s coming out. As far as the price now is the guy who has one on the lot able to give you any rebates? plus the closer it gets to the end of the month whether it be February or March the more likely he wants to move it so he doesn't have to pay the financing to hold it on his lot for another month. That's when they get real desperate and aggressive. The best tactic I've always seen his two start looking at the end of the month around the 24th. And February is even shorter. This week Monday through Friday should be great because the President's day week when people are off is over and they're getting to the end of the month. You can always use the fact that you're going to order one as a bargaining chip to if he's got one he wants to unload it. Just think about it it's only going to cost him money to keep it on his lot.

As far as the rebates go you just have to Google CFA rebates and incentives. Sometimes it'll bring you to dealer websites or auto review web pages but eventually you should be able to see them look for the codes. I listed the ones I got above

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s nearly the exact truck I was looking to order. Congrats! I hope to grow a set of stones by Monday and pull the trigger myself.
I’m working two dealers right now. One has the exact truck at another dealership a couple hours away. They’re offering it to me at $56,895 OTD not including ttl and I can have it by the end of the week. Another dealer about 5 hours away will order for me, offering $57,895 and I keep whatever rebates are available when it arrives in approximately 8 weeks.
I think I can likely get it cheaper if I order and take the rebates when it arrives, but if it’s only gonna be $500-1000 it might be worth just buying it local, that way if anything goes wrong the local dealer might be easier to work with, plus it’s just nice to buy local.
What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Now is the perfect time for you to negotiate. My tactic is to send an email to both dealers asking for their best price letting them know you're reaching out to multiple dealers in your area. and tell them that once you get the best price you will send everybody one final email showing what that best price was and give everyone one final chance to beat it telling them that will be a final offer and you'll purchase you're not doing any back and forth negotiating as you respect everyone's time. That should motivate them to get nervous and want to give a low price if they want to move it or the opportunity to sit back and see what somebody else said and come in just below it. I've done that for the last two cars I purchased including the one yesterday and it's always work that well. So good that the guy I bought my Avalanche from actually kick me out of the dealership because I was gerring such a good deal and then wanted them to fix a small ding in the plastic bed sail. long story short he ended up fixing it and I had a great price using the exact same tactic. So you definitely feel like you are taking their power away in their negotiation tactics by doing it over the internet and not going into the dealer end letting them use their tactics. I gotten this tactic online from a college professor who used car buying negotiations in a course he was teaching. It's great! you'll see a lot of people come in at the same number and then some guy go way below it letting you know that they all have their 90% deal and then those that are nervous and really want to make the deal come in even lower. Then some of them even see that and say should I got to beat that I want to sell. And you just sit back and save money. It takes 3 days. Two days for initial offers (send them your truck specs) and another to send and receive the final offers. I'll post my email below.

Good Luck!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,

I believe we spoke earlier today or yesterday; or I have spoken with one of your sales associates. As I mentioned, I will be purchasing a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited truck by the end of the month. This will be a factory order unless you know of an exact match locally. I have contacted selected dealerships on LI and a few in CT. asking them to provide me with their sales offer and would like to offer your dealership the opportunity to provide me with one as well. I have found this to be the easiest way for everyone, and quickest way to the sale. The exact specs. of the vehicle are described in the specs. sheet attached.

If interested, please provide me with your best offer including all incentives and any rebates that can be locked-in until delivery. Obviously, any rebates or offers that will not be able to be locked into or applicable at the date of delivery will not be necessary. I would like to close this sale quickly and effortlessly as I know your time is a important as mine and cutting right to the chase would be the best for all of us. You do not have to convince me to buy, you just need to be the best offer. Due to some dealership distances, will not need to come into the dealership; and, since I already know the exact specs we can complete the sale via email until we sign and close in person. All financing is already in place through TFCU.

Deadline: Please present me your offer invoice/preview via email by Tuesday evening of this week in order for your offer to be considered. On Wednesday I will email each dealer one final time letting you know what the best offer I received was; and then provide everyone one final opportunity to beat that offer to close on this purchase. Any efforts and willingness towards below invoice pricing and the holdback would be appreciated considering this is the highest end Ram vehicle and since it is a factory order/delivery, it would be a sale on a vehicle that you do not have to finance as it sits on your lot until it gets sold. I plan on finalizing my decision towards the end of the week and close before the end of the month. I hope this sale can help you out.

If you would like the opportunity to make this sale, please provide me with your best offer by Tuesday, Feb. 19th. As I said, you don't have to sell me on the vehicle, you just have to be the best offer. Hopefully this will be an easy sale for everyone - well, at least 2 of us!

Thank you for your time.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And here are the rebate codes, their names, and values. Hope it helps. I was really psyched about this considering everybody else was only offering $1,250 and I was able to get $3,750!
17d5bef8030d4f9a5e364ca28e449468.jpg

V8Spock

Reaction score
The competitive buying process! The only way to buy a vehicle.

The only time you step foot in a dealership is for the test drive and delivery.

Aim for 20% off MSRP. Your Out-The-Door price will INCLUDE:
All fees
Tax, Tag, Title
Destination

It does NOT include your trade.

https://www.fightingchance.com/

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The competitive buying process! The only way to buy a vehicle.

The only time you step foot in a dealership is for the test drive and delivery.

Aim for 20% off MSRP. Your Out-The-Door price will INCLUDE:
All fees
Tax, Tag, Title
Destination

It does NOT include your trade.

https://www.fightingchance.com/
The Fighting Chance - that was it!!! I forgot the name. I used that in '13 when I bought my Avalanche Black Diamond. Works perfect. And it switches the rolls and outs you in the driver's seat (no pun intended)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just clicked the link and checked out his site again. Loves this part. I was always curious about Feb. With it being the shortest month and that Presidents Day sales week.

DEALERS WILL SMILE WHEN THEY HEAR FROM YOU IN FEBRUARY

It's the second lowest sales month of the year, when millions of people are still paying their holiday bills, and those in the country's colder climates are driving their old cars one more winter . . or stuck at home because of the frigid weather.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I googled "CFA rebates and incentive RAM" and only seeing 2 discounts (Vets and disabled).
Is this web site on the Ram website or another web site?

Jr2121

Reaction score
This is what I found on Edmunds for current rebates...
Sorry attaching as PDF was the only way I could figure out how to do it.
So are these all current rebates? Like the last post said, on the website it only shows the vets and disabled as well as the 1250 cash. Whats the other one on here that is $1000 for someone that owns or leases any non fica group vehicle? So if I own a Honda sedan, would I qualify for that?
Also, I don't see anything on here about other ones that were mentioned to me by one dealer. I am a licensed realtor so I know there was $500 for being a member of the NAR. Also, he asked if I owned my own small business (which I do). I am assuming there is something for that? How about any regional rebates? I live in Iowa, is there anything Midwest that anyone has gotten? Above I saw that someone got something for a NE regional rebate. Anything else I should be aware of Monday when these dealers send me their final prices?

Attachments

• RAM Incentives.pdf
    196.5 KB · Views: 30

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Northeast rebate so that would be for me in the northeastern United States New York. Not sure if there's a Midwest rebate for you. $1,000 was for the owner of a competitors truck board or least. So my Chevy Avalanche qualified me for that. I do not think you're so damn good. The other ones that are listed online are $250 cash back offers but I couldn't find out what they were and since he was locking in I wasn't going to push it improve anything wrong. I gave you the best I could as far as the codes for them but even I couldn't Google the codes. I did Google the FCA rebates and within the top five links found some dealership in the midwest I believe that list of them all on their page as you scroll through I think it was northern Illinois or something but don't quote me on that

djwdjw

Reaction score
That subprime incentive is very strange (although I get the need sorta). Bonus cash if you have marginal FICO scores. Zip if have a great score.

Thanks for posting.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That subprime incentive is very strange (although I get the need sorta). Bonus cash if you have marginal FICO scores. Zip if have a great score.

Thanks for posting.
it's funny you say that I thought the exact same thing let's give rebates and money to people who have bad credit but let's not give any money for those who are more responsible and have better credit. Sounds backwards

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
it's funny you say that I thought the exact same thing let's give rebates and money to people who have bad credit but let's not give any money for those who are more responsible and have better credit. Sounds backwards

Or that we are at the end of this credit expansion and the responsible people all have cars they’re happy with and they need to get anyone in a new car like a no doc robosigned mortgage in 2005.

RJHerrmann

Reaction score
Picked up a MY19 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4

Base: $45,995
Delmonico Red Pearl - $100
Preferred Package 25H - $2495
Bed Utility Group - $845
Level 2 Equipment - $4595
Rubber Mats - $135
3.92 Axel Ratio - $95
Anti-Spin Diff - $495
5.7 MDS VVT - $1195
Pano Roof - $1495
Rear Wheel Liners - $195
33 Gallon Tank - $445
Uconnect 12" - $1295
Trailer Controller - $295

Sticker: $61,370
Purchased: $48,791.91

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up a MY19 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4

Base: $45,995
Delmonico Red Pearl - $100
Preferred Package 25H - $2495
Bed Utility Group - $845
Level 2 Equipment - $4595
Rubber Mats - $135
3.92 Axel Ratio - $95
Anti-Spin Diff - $495
5.7 MDS VVT - $1195
Pano Roof - $1495
Rear Wheel Liners - $195
33 Gallon Tank - $445
Uconnect 12" - $1295
Trailer Controller - $295

Sticker: $61,370
Purchased: $48,791.91
how much off did the dealer give you ?

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Done! Trigger Pulled!!

2019 Limited
Dealer Price $59,995
Paid $56,295

32CK1 $1250
45CKBB $250
35CKB1 $250
NECKA $1000

2019 Limited
Max Steel
Black interior
5'7" Bed
Ram Boxes
5.7 Hemi eTorque
2.92 axle
Trailer Brake Control
Level 1 Pkg
Dual Sunroof
Deployable bed step

I am trying to follow the process and get dealers bidding against each other - but either this is very specific by region or my stars are not aligned! Originally I was trying to order a Limited, eTorque, ORG truck but my dealer kept having items not available. So I have given up on getting the eTorque and by doing that there are trucks on dealer lots or I can still order.

I have scoured the state (California) for models that meet most of my criteria. I have reached out to 5 dealers indicating I am buying by this coming weekend and others are making offers, etc... Limited, ORG, Pano, Level 1, Ram Boxes, 33 gallon tank.

Best dealer offer so far on an MSRP of $67,200 is $8,000 in dealer incentives and the $1.250 consumer cash. So $9,200 off MSRP of $67,200.

I don't qualify for any of the other rebates I have seen. Potentially the March national rebates will be better since it's pretty slim for the Limited right now - regardless I can't get into a dealer until this coming Sat as traveling out of state this week on business. The larger dealer discounts are all on models with the tow package and thus no electric folding mirrors or 360 camera (which one dealer told me they are now getting stuck with).

Is this the best I can hope for in California on a Limited?

rmonte4

Reaction score
My truck is on the train from Michican to Fort Worth as we speak, i was trying to hammer out my rebates with my dealer and they told me that the $1000 penfed certificate does not stack with the $500 Chrysler bonus cash i received via email (when i requested a truck brochure).

is there anyone that was able to stack these 2? or the Chrysler bonus cash + USAA or truck conquest? Wasn't expecting these 2 not stacking, messing up my budget. lol

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I am trying to follow the process and get dealers bidding against each other - but either this is very specific by region or my stars are not aligned! Originally I was trying to order a Limited, eTorque, ORG truck but my dealer kept having items not available. So I have given up on getting the eTorque and by doing that there are trucks on dealer lots or I can still order.

I have scoured the state (California) for models that meet most of my criteria. I have reached out to 5 dealers indicating I am buying by this coming weekend and others are making offers, etc... Limited, ORG, Pano, Level 1, Ram Boxes, 33 gallon tank.

Best dealer offer so far on an MSRP of $67,200 is $8,000 in dealer incentives and the $1.250 consumer cash. So $9,200 off MSRP of $67,200.

I don't qualify for any of the other rebates I have seen. Potentially the March national rebates will be better since it's pretty slim for the Limited right now - regardless I can't get into a dealer until this coming Sat as traveling out of state this week on business. The larger dealer discounts are all on models with the tow package and thus no electric folding mirrors or 360 camera (which one dealer told me they are now getting stuck with).

Is this the best I can hope for in California on a Limited?

I think $8,000 off in Dealer Discount is pretty good. Can maybe squeeze another $500 off but they might not bite. I am in CA also and got similar discount on a $60k msrp but most places would not come up from $5k in dealer discount. Manufacturer incentives are in addition to this of course. With your deal i would try and get them to throw in a $200 add on like mats or bed step or wheel liners or something. Doesnt hurt to try for it. Also if dealer is having trouble ordering the truck you want, make sure they are punching it in their system as a sold order and not a dealer order under the order prioritization/scheduling portion of the pending order. That was what allowed me to have the system make the combo i wanted available when it wasnt available under dealer order the way he was originally trying to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread