5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PR40.1 Update File?

rkjunior

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what version my radio is. Is it really 12.1? Is this upgradable? This is a 2019 Rebel. (Don't worry I cleaned my screen 🤣)

Attachments

• 20230609_081212.jpg
    20230609_081212.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 117

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what version my radio is. Is it really 12.1? Is this upgradable? This is a 2019 Rebel. (Don't worry I cleaned my screen 🤣)
34.2, you are a little behind

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That makes me feel a little better. Thought it was ancient haha. Do I need to do each update sequentially or can I skip?
Lots of guys have had to go from 34.2 to the next higher one before being able to jump all the way to most recent.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
It's been about a week and I do notice some improvements.

Using Android Auto now I get the artist and track name on the bottom screen. Previously I just got the track name.
20230614_190106.jpg

Might be my imagination but the bass from the speakers also seems more responsive 🤨.

The fan speed menu also looks a little different to me.
20230614_190119.jpg

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I would like to thank all the people that acquired the software and shared it with the members here.
New owner, so late to the party so to speak, and new to the site.
I went from 34.2.0 to the 40.1 that was shared. I went to the UCONNECT website and submitted my VIN and it told me no update, then I read here and found this thread.
I noted some increased functionality with the RAM app and the UCONNECT app. I'm getting data that was not present previously, such as mileage fuel level, and tire pressure.
My radio was stuck in a non-boot state and would not correct. So I will see what happens, crossing my fingers.
So I guess, I have made my first official mod. :)

BlueHemi1500

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
Update
I have now been on the 40.1 operating software for several weeks. I no longer have any problems with the XM loading screen and nothing working.
So once again thanks to all the folks that made this possible.

BlueHemi1500

smashweights

Reaction score
I've noticed a few other tweeks since movingg up a few versions:
- there's a few new features to the nav UI, namely the top right menu button is now "stop navigating" which cuts a step out of stopping nav and I like more
- system boots at start up about twice as fast, changes pages faster
- travel link pages aren't completely useless. I could never get the weather maps to load before , now they pop up in seconds

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed a few other tweeks since movingg up a few versions:
- there's a few new features to the nav UI, namely the top right menu button is now "stop navigating" which cuts a step out of stopping nav and I like more
- system boots at start up about twice as fast, changes pages faster
- travel link pages aren't completely useless. I could never get the weather maps to load before , now they pop up in seconds
My weather radar maps started working with the 39.7 version.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Apparently my radio needs to be replaced. After I noticed it coming on in the middle of the night off and on for no reason, I tried to update it to see if that is what it needed. Never would take the update, so I brought it to the dealership. They are telling me that the radio is bad. Hopefully that will fix the whole deleting my favorites on my phone issue.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I updated mine from 39.7 to to 40.1 right before a 3000 mile road trip. I didn't really notice any functional changes but I did have the unit lock up on me once, requiring me to pull over and power off for a few minutes to reset everything. Nav stopped updating the location on the map so we missed one of our turns. I could still switch between Apps and see all the template info but the actual content on the screens was missing.

I've always been impressed with the Navigation system in the truck but after this trip, I finally see what other's are complaining about. It just depends how you use it I guess. It's always been perfect for short local trips around Georgia and South Carolina but we wanted to track a specific route to avoid major centers and had to get creative to get it to track correctly. It has multiple functions to avoid and detour but the only way to specify a route was to key in additional waypoints. What would have taken seconds on Google maps took 20 or so minutes in the truck. Not the end of the world but I will plan it all out ahead of time from a computer so it's just a matter of punching in the waypoints.

My wife is normally the navigator, and a damn good one at that, but she took a back seat since my father-in-law has driven this route several times. Well the man has the attention span of a squirrel and missed several key turns. We ended up going through Washington at rush hour on a Friday night on the way up so I knew I had to have the return trip mapped out before we left.

Trip to Vermont Desired Route 2023.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I updated mine from 39.7 to to 40.1 right before a 3000 mile road trip. I didn't really notice any functional changes but I did have the unit lock up on me once, requiring me to pull over and power off for a few minutes to reset everything. Nav stopped updating the location on the map so we missed one of our turns. I could still switch between Apps and see all the template info but the actual content on the screens was missing.

I've always been impressed with the Navigation system in the truck but after this trip, I finally see what other's are complaining about. It just depends how you use it I guess. It's always been perfect for short local trips around Georgia and South Carolina but we wanted to track a specific route to avoid major centers and had to get creative to get it to track correctly. It has multiple functions to avoid and detour but the only way to specify a route was to key in additional waypoints. What would have taken seconds on Google maps took 20 or so minutes in the truck. Not the end of the world but I will plan it all out ahead of time from a computer so it's just a matter of punching in the waypoints.

My wife is normally the navigator, and a damn good one at that, but she took a back seat since my father-in-law has driven this route several times. Well the man has the attention span of a squirrel and missed several key turns. We ended up going through Washington at rush hour on a Friday night on the way up so I knew I had to have the return trip mapped out before we left.

View attachment 167695
I dont use the factory Nav, simply because it's a **** app compared to Google maps. Way outdated, even with the most current update. clunky interface. And not as simple to use.

As for TravelLink, after updating to 39.7 and now 40.2 the weather maps work, fuel prices work, although I use gas buddy for fuel prices.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
What I was looking for was a way to map out the route on a PC or phone app and send it to the truck. I discovered today that was a paid feature of XM Guardian. I also discovered that Guardian is different than Travelink and is not what came with the truck for 5 yrs.

Looks like I need to start using CarPlay and google maps.

Users who are viewing this thread