5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PR40.1 Update File?

smashweights

Reaction score
Looks like I am running LR 34.31. Will I have any issues going to 40.1 and is it worth the headache.
That screen doesn't show your software version. I went from 34 to 40 without any issues but also without much improvement. Runs smoother, snappier, but no other big changes. If you have no problems then no need to upgrade

Micah

Reaction score
Sorry I posted the wrong screen but I am updating right now. Hope it goes well.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Got about 75% then got error code 12…. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1CDCA758-538D-49A9-9C60-4B4E103BB5F0.jpeg
    1CDCA758-538D-49A9-9C60-4B4E103BB5F0.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 56

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Try reformatting the USB thumb drive and try again
This worked after 2 more tries. Hopefully my rebooting issues go away now.

Side Note: After update I saw it say it was installing Performance and Off-Road Pages. Don't really need them - but would be cool to turn on since they are in the background somewhere.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This worked after 2 more tries. Hopefully my rebooting issues go away now.

Side Note: After update I saw it say it was installing Performance and Off-Road Pages. Don't really need them - but would be cool to turn on since they are in the background somewhere.

Just downloaded 40.1. Am currently running 39.7. Is this update worth it? Seems you're the only one, or one of the few who got past the error code.
I got some interesting issues going on with my 12.0. Would hope that this update can fix them, but I also want to avoid bricking it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just downloaded 40.1. Am currently running 39.7. Is this update worth it? Seems you're the only one, or one of the few who got past the error code.
I got some interesting issues going on with my 12.0. Would hope that this update can fix them, but I also want to avoid bricking it.
Mine upgraded fine, but can't say I noticed any difference. But wasn't having any issues prior

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine upgraded fine, but can't say I noticed any difference. But wasn't having any issues prior.
Yeah, my issues are somewhat tolerable, but they are there. The hope is that the current issues dont brick it during the update.
Only one way to find out I guess. Am using the original thumb drive I used to get it to 39.7.
Gonna tackle this in the next hour or two.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update done. Good news, no bricking, took about 15 minutes or so.
Bad news, issues still there.
While listening to Sirius, I can only skip tracks using the touchscreen. Using the steering wheel controls will drop connectivity and I have to change stations. And this is only when listening to Sirius. BT or my usb stick, no problems skipping with the wheel controls. The other issues, only time will tell…dropping AA, even while plugged in, losing phone connectivity, losing usb or Sirius connection and it automatically reverts to FM radio.
At this point, not even sure if it is the UConnect or something else entirely different. Oh well.
At least I’m up to date. Messed with a bit and don’t see any real difference from 39.7, audio quality or functionality wise.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update done. Good news, no bricking, took about 15 minutes or so.
Bad news, issues still there.
While listening to Sirius, I can only skip tracks using the touchscreen. Using the steering wheel controls will drop connectivity and I have to change stations. And this is only when listening to Sirius. BT or my usb stick, no problems skipping with the wheel controls. The other issues, only time will tell…dropping AA, even while plugged in, losing phone connectivity, losing usb or Sirius connection and it automatically reverts to FM radio.
At this point, not even sure if it is the UConnect or something else entirely different. Oh well.
At least I’m up to date. Messed with a bit and don’t see any real difference from 39.7, audio quality or functionality wise.
The AA issue may be your USB hub in the truck.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The AA issue may be your USB hub in the truck.
Wouldn't doubt...for the first 364 days of ownership, that hub was a charge only POS. I don't know what I did other than just reach around the back of the hub and fiddle with the wires in back. It started to work after that. Go figure🤦‍♂️

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't doubt...for the first 364 days of ownership, that hub was a charge only POS. I don't know what I did other than just reach around the back of the hub and fiddle with the wires in back. It started to work after that. Go figure🤦‍♂️
Have you tried using a different usb cable? Not all usb cable are designed for data. Some are for charging only.

Adrianp89

Reaction score

So far so good but haven't driven much. I was on 34.2 so jumped a few updates. I don't like fixing something that ain't broken however my 12.1 started rebooting pretty often. Did it on back to back trips, and if using CarPlay the SXM buttons on screen didn't really work. So far I haven't seen either of those issues since update.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different usb cable? Not all usb cable are designed for data. Some are for charging only.
I went through a bunch of cables, all data capable. Am pretty sure it’s the entire hub itself. I was on the verge of ordering one before I went and did what I did to get it to work. I see a new hub in my future.

MikeLockwood

Reaction score
Do any of these versions allow Android Auto to work with the entire 12" screen or are you still locked to the top half of the screen?

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Do any of these versions allow Android Auto to work with the entire 12" screen or are you still locked to the top half of the screen?
What advantage would this have? I feel like there would be too much empty real estate.

Vivrosh

Reaction score
I was able to update 40 but I guess speed limit in map still showing what news last year I guess have to wait for new updates do dealer update for free? If it under 30k

azzx

Reaction score
This update has nothing to do with the Map.
Map update requires the purchase of the mapping software - I paid 150 for it last year.
Go to the site below and put your current map version/VIN #, then it will ID if you are in need of an update or not. More than likely yes.
BTW all built-in Nav systems map versions are always a couple of years behind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread