5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PR40.1 Update File?

Tellsch

Reaction score
Does anyone have the file(s) to manually update uconnect, similar to what was provided with PR39.9?

Secondarily, one of the fixes/updates listed is "Android Auto Enhancements". Can anyone confirm what that is? Hoping for full screen AA, but I haven't seen anyone post that they have this version installed.

I'm out of warranty and the dealer wants $180 to do the update. I will do it if I know if AA goes to full screen.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked on another and I don't think anyone has the 40.1 file yet.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello.
Did anyone got that update? And is there difference between 39.9?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

hessclark

Reaction score
I just updated to PR40.1 from LR34.31 and wow! It fixed my AT&T wifi issues... The sound quality of the Harmon Kardon system seems even better and the bass seems more powerful. Followed the update instructions with a flash drive and was super easy.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Go to the link from telsch. Click on instructions and scroll down for links to files

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

azzx

Reaction score
I did try to update to 40.1. It did not, I did get error code 01.
what is code 01?
i am on 39.9 currently
also, do I need a 16gb flash drive for this? I am using a 8GB drive

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
I just updated to PR40.1 from LR34.31 and wow! It fixed my AT&T wifi issues... The sound quality of the Harmon Kardon system seems even better and the bass seems more powerful. Followed the update instructions with a flash drive and was super easy.
Did You manage directly, without LR39.9? Somehow my truck is not seeing LR39.9 soft. Tried different USB drives, format, unzip all acc. to instruction. With LR40.1 no problems, but I am afraid to go directly. My current LR39.6
Edit: 39.9 was not properly unzipped, I manage 2nd attempt and now all working.

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
I maybe wrong -- I thouhgt a file needs to be deleted when the update is extracted to thumb drive. Below is the Pic of my drive content
Screenshot 2023-02-20 152747.jpg

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
So how the heck do you get the 12.1” into dealer mode on a 2023? Every time i try and push the corners, i push the icons, no matter how close to the corners i get. I’m thinking something may have changed.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So how the heck do you get the 12.1” into dealer mode on a 2023? Every time i try and push the corners, i push the icons, no matter how close to the corners i get. I’m thinking something may have changed.
You have Uconnect 5 it sounds like. Make sure you know what you are doing before you do it.

azzx

Reaction score
Thanks - update successful - so far cant tell any diff compared to 39.9

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/