5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PR40.1 Update File?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Does this update (or any update) provide functionality for Wireless Car Play? Have 2021 RAM.

Thanks

Nope. Wireless CarPlay was not integrated until Uconnect 5 on ‘22’s and newer.

However, there are aftermarket USB dongles that are capable of providing Wireless CarPlay with UConnect 4. I use a Magic Box 2.0 and am pleased with its Wireless CarPlay capabilities.

RAM_Davis

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to post my success in updating straight from 34.2 to 40.1 using the file St-na linked here. It estimated 35 minutes but really took 25. It did stay on 19% for a while which had me really nervous but it eventually kept going.

I'll outline my steps as a recap.
1. I quick formatted a 4gb drive to Fat32. Note that if you use a really large drive it may have exFat only and the truck will not recognize it. This happened to me with a 128gb drive i tried first.

2. Unzip contents to root of that drive.

3. Turn truck to Run. I did not start the engine.

4. Insert drive into front USB port. Ensure your phone isn't plugged in running AA or carplay.

5. Accept the update and watch it load. I sat and screwed around on my phone for 25 minutes and was all set

Thanks everyone for your help.

MrRathman

Reaction score
I dont understand, I did everything that all others did here. My radio will not update. im stuck on 34.41, gps reliability is at none, several usbs.

Had the truck at the dealership since friday. They said they "reflashed" the radio with updated software. That was a lie its still at 34.31. Charged me 445$ to tell me that they updated it.

I had GPS for about an hour and now im getting "device not supported" again.

Im so frusterated with this and Ram.

Ram Care has not helped one bit.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
I dont understand, I did everything that all others did here. My radio will not update. im stuck on 34.41, gps reliability is at none, several usbs.

Had the truck at the dealership since friday. They said they "reflashed" the radio with updated software. That was a lie its still at 34.31. Charged me 445$ to tell me that they updated it.

try calling uconnect via the help button in truck. then get your money back from dealer

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Nope. Wireless CarPlay was not integrated until Uconnect 5 on ‘22’s and newer.

However, there are aftermarket USB dongles that are capable of providing Wireless CarPlay with UConnect 4. I use a Magic Box 2.0 and am pleased with its Wireless CarPlay capabilities.
motorola ma1 about $60

RAM_Davis

Reaction score

Did you try an incremental update to 39.xx first?

youngbreed

Reaction score
Hello all, a little late to the show. I am at 33.3. Does anyone have LR 34? I have found 39.7, 39.9 and 40.1. assume I need to update in that order. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online