5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Surge on USB

TSMI

Reaction score
Today when I started the engine I received an on screen notification stating "Power Surge on USB hub detected. Please disconnect the device." I unplugged all USBs but the message remains. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Today when I started the engine I received an on screen notification stating "Power Surge on USB hub detected. Please disconnect the device." I unplugged all USBs but the message remains. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Was your truck left in the hot sun hitting the media hub (radio area)? I know those are prone to overheat

Duane_L

Reaction score
Same issue on mine today... I'll see if after it cools off if it goes away...

Randboye

Reaction score
I have had show up on the screen 3 times. I've mention to ram cares email and they said they haven't heard of this issue.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to me on Saturday. Only thing plugged in was my wife’s phone. Touched the screen and it went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online