5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, but he has a Laramie.

Ram really needs to stop pretending that eTorque increases mpg to the point it can use a smaller gas tank.
Yeah I really wish my truck had at least the 26 gallon tank. My 2018 Grand Cherokee had a 26 or 28 gallon tank! I loved that thing. I would get 400-500 miles out of a tank all the time!

firedfly

Reaction score
There are exceptions to that rule. For example, a Limited with eTorque comes with the 26 gallon tank standard.
This is from the 2021 Ram 1500 brochure. The 2022 brochure is much shorter and does not (currently) include a buyer's guide like this.
1635194412492.png

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Very Satisfied with the load capacity of my new truck. Loading truck up next week (less than 500#) and heading for the CAT scale with a <7k trailer. I haven’t scaled in over 10 yrs. Betting it’s just over 900 lb tong now.
Load_Capacity.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very Satisfied with the load capacity of my new truck. Loading truck up next week (less than 500#) and heading for the CAT scale with a <7k trailer. I haven’t scaled in over 10 yrs. Betting it’s just over 900 lb tong now.
View attachment 109479
Wow, that's pretty good. Hope mine is anywhere near that.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12204B72-F8DC-4AB7-835D-97C787FD7C61.jpeg 0DA431EB-093E-476A-94E6-CD9FED8B21CB.png
Probably 4oz of dirt in the floor mats.:sneaky:
Specs in sig line.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RAM's towing lookup posted my numbers:
towing_numbers.PNG

I'll be OK with those numbers if that turns out to be accurate.

James066

Reaction score
Interesting. I have the Sport (Canadian version of the Laromie) Crew cab with 5'7 bed, 3.92 axle and quite a few add ons and my sticker says max payload of 1708lbs.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Interesting. I have the Sport (Canadian version of the Laromie) Crew cab with 5'7 bed, 3.92 axle and quite a few add ons and my sticker says max payload of 1708lbs.
I was under the impression the Canadian Sport was a Bighorn with some extras

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Southwest Edition and Level 1 which add a fair amount of weight. I'd also bet there are some fairly significant differences between the trims.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the big horn trim has. The sport has monochromatic paint, leather, 12" screen, tow pack etc.
Yeah, the CAD Sport is kinda weird. It's more like a slightly trimmed down Laramie than a trimmed up Bighorn, from what I understand. Sits between the two, which probably means that a fully trimmed up Sport is the perfect balance of features and price.

James066

Reaction score
Yeah, the CAD Sport is kinda weird. It's more like a slightly trimmed down Laramie than a trimmed up Bighorn, from what I understand. Sits between the two, which probably means that a fully trimmed up Sport is the perfect balance of features and price.
It feels that way. There's nothing I can think of that I feel it's missing for me personally. Although because of this chip shortage a lot of our trucks are showing up on the dealer lots missing stuff because the dealers just need to sell trucks. For instance mine has the tow package but no trailer brake controller or 33 gal fuel tank. So now I'm looking into how to install those. Here the sport line is definitely not cheap either, mine was over 70k cad (54k us). Oddly enough when I started shopping for trucks Ram was not even on my radar, never was a fan of Chrysler products. Took a Sierra for a drive and found the seat and ride uncomfortable, then took an F150 Lariat for a drive and found it was a huge improvement over GM. Than had a buddy message me to say go drive a Ram for the hell of it and see what you think. I did and the dealer was all like "oh you saved the best for last, you're gonna fall in love". Well god damn it if he wasn't right! Haha

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It feels that way. There's nothing I can think of that I feel it's missing for me personally. Although because of this chip shortage a lot of our trucks are showing up on the dealer lots missing stuff because the dealers just need to sell trucks. For instance mine has the tow package but no trailer brake controller or 33 gal fuel tank. So now I'm looking into how to install those. Here the sport line is definitely not cheap either, mine was over 70k cad (54k us). Oddly enough when I started shopping for trucks Ram was not even on my radar, never was a fan of Chrysler products. Took a Sierra for a drive and found the seat and ride uncomfortable, then took an F150 Lariat for a drive and found it was a huge improvement over GM. Than had a buddy message me to say go drive a Ram for the hell of it and see what you think. I did and the dealer was all like "oh you saved the best for last, you're gonna fall in love". Well god damn it if he wasn't right! Haha
That actually sounds like my exact process haha. Test drove a Sierra Denali and the ride sucked. Power was nice (6.2L) but it's still a heavy-*** truck so it's not like it felt as if I were in a rocket ship or something. Interior did NOT feel premium at all. The new interior is nice but still can't touch the Ram (even Ford's is still better IMO, though I would take GMC's/Chevy's over the new Tundra's).

Then I test drove an F-150 ecoboost. Nice pep in it's step (though the lack of a good engine sound was depressing) and definitely a better ride but still, you knew you were in a truck and Ford has my least favorite exterior designs out of the big three (and the interior is only so-so, unless you splurge for a fully loaded Platinum or Limited, which was outside my price range).

First test drive in a Ram *without* air suspension I was like oh yeah, this is it lol. And then the air suspension just made the gap even bigger.

To be fair, we pay for it in payload (as in, a lack thereof). But it's all about your use cases. My truck is also my daily driver so Ram has people like me locked in pretty good.

James066

Reaction score
That actually sounds like my exact process haha. Test drove a Sierra Denali and the ride sucked. Power was nice (6.2L) but it's still a heavy-*** truck so it's not like it felt as if I were in a rocket ship or something. Interior did NOT feel premium at all. The new interior is nice but still can't touch the Ram (even Ford's is still better IMO, though I would take GMC's/Chevy's over the new Tundra's).

Then I test drove an F-150 ecoboost. Nice pep in it's step (though the lack of a good engine sound was depressing) and definitely a better ride but still, you knew you were in a truck and Ford has my least favorite exterior designs out of the big three (and the interior is only so-so, unless you splurge for a fully loaded Platinum or Limited, which was outside my price range).

First test drive in a Ram *without* air suspension I was like oh yeah, this is it lol. And then the air suspension just made the gap even bigger.

To be fair, we pay for it in payload (as in, a lack thereof). But it's all about your use cases. My truck is also my daily driver so Ram has people like me locked in pretty good.
Yes Ram definitely knows their audience. Mine didn't come with the air bag suspension and I was advised against getting it as I was told that due to the climate up here there tends to be a lot of issues with them freezing. I spoke with my dealer today and they said it was going to cost $700 to install the the trailer brake controller so I'm going to attempt to do that myself. They also mentioned that swapping fuel tanks could potentially void the warranty, I assume they meant fuel system warranty. My truck looks identical to yours minus the tow hooks, which I need to find.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. You guys forced me to do it. Gosh I hate looking at other trucks.

Man i can not take one more post about coil springs being terrible.🤯

20210413_183708_HDR.jpg 20201028_135851_HDR.jpg

Comsidering the ford weighs less than the RAM...with the exception of the special payload package...there is no way I would pick a ford for a few more pounds of payload

Now I need to go take a shower and burn my phone.

🤪

And RAM has had payload packages before. Maybe once the classic goes away...they may make another.

Good times.

Note: this is mostly sarcasm...but to be sure...is an XLT a Tradesman...cause you know...they go to 2300 and over 1800 on avg.

Users who are viewing this thread