5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

slimchance

Reaction score
looks like your truck weight (5033) is without driver and some gas .. but the door sticker is what the legal payload is no matter what you come up with

Dstudboy1

Reaction score
Is the actual weight anywhere or would I have to get it weighed? Sticker is showing max payload of 1490 and my GVWR IS 7100 so my truck really weighs 5610?

Thanks again for the help

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the actual weight anywhere or would I have to get it weighed? Sticker is showing max payload of 1490 and my GVWR IS 7100 so my truck really weighs 5610?

Thanks again for the help

5610 would indeed be the weight of the truck...

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The door sticker has the last 6 of your vin on it as well, indicating that it is THE label for THE truck it is on...

THe VIN lookup tool is generic, as it only can tell body configuration, not build sheet options of the truck. The door jamb label is in fact printed on the assembly line and represents the exact factory build configuration of each truck.

Daniel

Reaction score
The door sticker has the last 6 of your vin on it as well, indicating that it is THE label for THE truck it is on...

THe VIN lookup tool is generic, as it only can tell body configuration, not build sheet options of the truck. The door jamb label is in fact printed on the assembly line and represents the exact factory build configuration of each truck.

Attachments

• Payload sticker.jpg
    Payload sticker.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 66

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's not clear what you want from me here.... lol

I tried looking up your VIN in the online towing and capability guide, but I think because it's a Canadian truck it's not coming up.
It looks like that Window Sticker is for a level 1 Big Horn truck (I don't speak or read French), without any of the weight adding options like air ride, pano roof, etc, etc, so it makes sense that the payload for that truck is towards the higher end of what a crew cab is capable of.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not clear what you want from me here.... lol

I tried looking up your VIN in the online towing and capability guide, but I think because it's a Canadian truck it's not coming up.
It looks like that Window Sticker is for a level 1 Big Horn truck (I don't speak or read French), without any of the weight adding options like air ride, pano roof, etc, etc, so it makes sense that the payload for that truck is towards the higher end of what a crew cab is capable of.

All I'm seeing is this:

Level 2 Bighorn
Air Suspension
3.92 gears

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Using the stickers here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...e-and-loading-sticker.374/page-20#post-115197

I'm still unsure what my towing capabilities are with this truck? I won't be doing a lot of towing, and most of it will be in an emergency evacuation type scenario pulling either a 3 horse slant trailer, or a live stock trailer with up to 10 sheep in it. I can try and get pics of the trailer specs Wednesday when I'm back at work.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I am most certainly missing something here..... Front Axle 3900, Rear Axle 4100 = 8000....?? Why the 7100 rating? Also this is the Axle rating which all four Wheels and Tires are not weighing down on the Axle, so at around 65lbs per wheel and tire that is around 250lbs not on the Axle, to subtract from the Scale weight toward the 7100 rating... This truck has larger brakes than all other 1500's...... So what is causing this limiting factor for the truck? The transmission and suspension are more than capable..... Towing 8500Lbs seems like nothing to this truck with almost 1000lbs tongue weight.... Towing 8500lbs with my 2007 1500 that had a tow rating of 9800 was white knuckle scary.....

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I am most certainly missing something here..... Front Axle 3900, Rear Axle 4100 = 8000....?? Why the 7100 rating? Also this is the Axle rating which all four Wheels and Tires are not weighing down on the Axle, so at around 65lbs per wheel and tire that is around 250lbs not on the Axle, to subtract from the Scale weight toward the 7100 rating... This truck has larger brakes than all other 1500's...... So what is causing this limiting factor for the truck? The transmission and suspension are more than capable..... Towing 8500Lbs seems like nothing to this truck with almost 1000lbs tongue weight.... Towing 8500lbs with my 2007 1500 that had a tow rating of 9800 was white knuckle scary.....

Because the entire truck isn't designed for the front AND rear axles to be completely loaded at the same time. It's a proportions thing. If the truck can handle 7100 lbs, then 55% can go on the front axle, or 58% can go on the rear.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because the entire truck isn't designed for the front AND rear axles to be completely loaded at the same time. It's a proportions thing. If the truck can handle 7100 lbs, then 55% can go on the front axle, or 58% can go on the rear.
That totally makes sense to me, but if the Axle's are the limiting factor then the GVWR should be 8260 not 7100 (If you can get a 48.75% front and 51.25% rear balance). Either way if you have towed with Generation 2 and Generation 3 1500's then the braking and amazing capability of this truck becomes abundantly clear... Not saying I am going to, but towing 12500Lbs with this truck is easier and safer than towing 7500Lbs with a Gen 2 Ram... This truck platform has made leaps and bounds!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who said the axles are the limiting factor?

I was guessing they were because the brakes are fantastic and easily capable, the stronger frame is amazing, the engine and transmission are much better with more gear ratio's to control speed down a steep grade and pulling power... Just seems like they error'd on the side of safety pretty heavily.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was guessing they were because the brakes are fantastic and easily capable, the stronger frame is amazing, the engine and transmission are much better with more gear ratio's to control speed down a steep grade and pulling power... Just seems like they error'd on the side of safety pretty heavily.

Handling and durability is usually the limiting factor, and no matter how big the brakes are or how good the powertrain is, there's only so much mass you can add to a vehicle and have it still be predicable and durable enough for the every day person to use. If you notice, despite our trucks being "trucks" with the impression that they can carry heavier loads than other vehicles, a minivan or crossover suv usually has a similar payload.

Users who are viewing this thread