5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help me decide.....Readylift 3.5" or Mopar 2" lift?

19RamBC

Reaction score
Stock struts aren't valved for preload so they get stiff, 5100's are correctly valved for the preload so ride would be better.
So technically if i removed my stock strut with preload spacer on my 3.5" lift kit and replaced with this, and left the strut spacer on to keep the same lift height, i would get a better ride on my front end?

Lonestar21

Reaction score
So technically if i removed my stock strut with preload spacer on my 3.5" lift kit and replaced with this, and left the strut spacer on to keep the same lift height, i would get a better ride on my front end?
Correct!
I did this on my truck. I installed everything that came with the readylift 3.5” kit expect the spring pre load spacers. I installed the bilstein shocks instead at a level 5 which equals to a 1.7” lift and with the readylift
2” top mount spacer it gave me 3.5” total lift.

the ride is good and smooth. Smoother than my 2” motofab leveling kit I had before.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Correct!
I did this on my truck. I installed everything that came with the readylift 3.5” kit expect the spring pre load spacers. I installed the bilstein shocks instead at a level 5 which equals to a 1.7” lift and with the readylift

the ride is good and smooth. Smoother than my 2” motofab leveling kit I had before.
Can you post some pics of ur truck? I am installing mine in a few weeks. I was gonna install at #4, would like to see how high it sits at #5. Angles too?

Kendragon

Reaction score
Correct!

I would like to know the exact bilsteins you got to go with the ready lift if you don't mind.

Lonestar21

Reaction score

Kendragon

Reaction score
Yes just the front. I left the ready lift 2” on the rear
Thanks. I think I will order the fronts, since they are harder to change(meaning might as well while broken down), and the rears are easy to do later. My truck only has 300 miles, lol.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Thanks. I think I will order the fronts, since they are harder to change(meaning might as well while broken down), and the rears are easy to do later. My truck only has 300 miles, lol.
Highly recommend them smooth ride
broken down at 300 miles??

Kendragon

Reaction score
I'm still not sure if I wantr that or the mopar kit. So many mixed reviews. Mopar only gives 2, or is it slight more than 2?

Kendragon

Reaction score
Highly recommend them smooth ride
broken down at 300 miles??
Sorry, as in the front shocks easier to change when installing a lift kit, breaking down the control arm, etc, lol. No my is clean, brand new 2020 1500 lonestar 4x4

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I'm still not sure if I wantr that or the mopar kit. So many mixed reviews. Mopar only gives 2, or is it slight more than 2?

I heard it’s only 2” so to me not worth it might as well do a 2” leveling.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Just ordered my Bilstein 5100's, so finally gonna install the RL 3.5" kit without the preload spacer w/ Bilsteins to get the rest of the lift. Install will be beginning of next month unless the world is shut down....

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Just ordered my Bilstein 5100's, so finally gonna install the RL 3.5" kit without the preload spacer w/ Bilsteins to get the rest of the lift. Install will be beginning of next month unless the world is shut down....

Did you get it installed? Which setting did you put it on? Any pics?

@Nickv1214 read through some of these posts

Users who are viewing this thread