5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help me decide.....Readylift 3.5" or Mopar 2" lift?

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Waiting for shelter in place to be over. Probably gonna try 5 maybe 4 to be safe, I don't mind a bit of rake. Also picked up Bilstein 5160s for the rear.

Do the 5160s accommodate the 2" of rear lift?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Yeah I know thats what i thought, but @Nickv1214 said he called bilstein and they told him they didn't have any that would work with the 2" lift?
Bilstein also told me that the 5100's wouldn't work with the RL Kit, and then Readylift said the 5100's wouldn't work either. Companies typically only say setups they have tested work for liability reasons.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Can't imagine there being an issue if the factory shocks work.
I said the same thing if factory shocks work I don’t see how a rear shock that accommodates 0-1.50” lift is worse . It could only be better is how I see it

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Correct!
I did this on my truck. I installed everything that came with the readylift 3.5” kit expect the spring pre load spacers. I installed the bilstein shocks instead at a level 5 which equals to a 1.7” lift and with the readylift
2” top mount spacer it gave me 3.5” total lift.

the ride is good and smooth. Smoother than my 2” motofab leveling kit I had before.
Going to do the same to my 3.5” ready lift . Appreciate the info , and I’m going to do the 5160s in the rear . Great info , thanks again

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I said the same thing if factory shocks work I don’t see how a rear shock that accommodates 0-1.50” lift is worse . It could only be better is how I see it
Measurement wise the Bilsteins also have slightly more travel than the factory suspension front and rear so I do not see an issue.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Measurement wise the Bilsteins also have slightly more travel than the factory suspension front and rear so I do not see an issue.
Yeah if stock works I couldn’t see how Bilstein wouldn’t be better. Definitely going with the full set up front and rear

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Absolutely love the mopar fox lift. Takes hard bumps very nice. Good ride quality.

Bufo

Reaction score
I’m also thinking of doing the same thing you’re doing with my ready lift kit. Let us know how it turns out!

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar kit + 1/2” top hat spacer this past weekend. Riding on stock 22” wheels/tires it feels like it soaks up the bumps on my county road better than stock. Getting alignment and my new wheels/tires mounted right now, so it’ll probably ride a little different. 2B342268-9CEA-417F-9E42-3C7542897416.jpeg

Ram1992

Reaction score
Installed the Mopar kit + 1/2” top hat spacer this past weekend. Riding on stock 22” wheels/tires it feels like it soaks up the bumps on my county road better than stock. Getting alignment and my new wheels/tires mounted right now, so it’ll probably ride a little different. View attachment 55702

What made you not install the ORP Springs?

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
What made you not install the ORP Springs?
A couple reasons. Seeing Jeffjads ball joint angles was one. Also thinking the kit was intended for the stock springs, so didn’t want to mess with the ride quality too much. And lastly I tow a pretty big boat and needed some rake.

Ram1992

Reaction score
A couple reasons. Seeing Jeffjads ball joint angles was one. Also thinking the kit was intended for the stock springs, so didn’t want to mess with the ride quality too much. And lastly I tow a pretty big boat and needed some rake.

Yes, I felt the difference in ride quality after I had the ORP springs installed. Its a bit stiffer but you get used to it. I had the 1/2" spacer on standby in case I ended up replacing the springs.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Correct!
I did this on my truck. I installed everything that came with the readylift 3.5” kit expect the spring pre load spacers. I installed the bilstein shocks instead at a level 5 which equals to a 1.7” lift and with the readylift
2” top mount spacer it gave me 3.5” total lift.

the ride is good and smooth. Smoother than my 2” motofab leveling kit I had before.

So I installed my kit yesterday. Put the bilsteins on the 5th setting but it put my truck at about 4" of lift and 0.5" higher in the front than the rear. I haven't gotten it aligned yet because I didn't want to pay for that and then have to redo the front and pay for another alignment. Do you think the alignment would flatten the tires (to correct the camber) a little more to drop it 0.5"? I know when i initially dropped it from the lift it was about 5" of lift because of the how the tires were sitting, and once i drove it they settled down a little bit. The angles still look fine, just going to be frustrated to have to take it all off again just to move that clip down one position.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
So I installed my kit yesterday. Put the bilsteins on the 5th setting but it put my truck at about 4" of lift and 0.5" higher in the front than the rear. I haven't gotten it aligned yet because I didn't want to pay for that and then have to redo the front and pay for another alignment. Do you think the alignment would flatten the tires (to correct the camber) a little more to drop it 0.5"? I know when i initially dropped it from the lift it was about 5" of lift because of the how the tires were sitting, and once i drove it they settled down a little bit. The angles still look fine, just going to be frustrated to have to take it all off again just to move that clip down one position.

I didn’t have that issue on mine it actually now sits a little higher on the back which I’m fine with.
I know some trucks arehigher than other from factory.

I would say your best bet would be to lower one setting. I know the truck still needs to settle down Somewhat but I doubt itll be enough to fix your issue

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Hi, so you saying that Mopar lift with stock springs is working perfectly ? I just ordered the Mopar lift, and was debating if I should get the ORP springs, but now I don't think I want them since I am gonna tow. Good to know. How big is the rake with just Mopar lift ? Do you have any pics ?

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Hi, so you saying that Mopar lift with stock springs is working perfectly ? I just ordered the Mopar lift, and was debating if I should get the ORP springs, but now I don't think I want them since I am gonna tow. Good to know. How big is the rake with just Mopar lift ? Do you have any pics ?
I have a little over an inch of rake. I did add a 1/2 top hat spacer, and it’s working perfectly.
E579B86D-B95C-4A0E-9256-22C85236D138.jpeg D5011891-D2DA-4CB4-AB8A-BAF1A8DF6E26.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread