5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help me decide.....Readylift 3.5" or Mopar 2" lift?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
First off, This is my first truck....so no experience in lifts. I am coming from a BMW X5. I am an Avid Mountain Biker so I go off road to get to trails which with my BMW....performed horribly. I won't be towing anything....at least no plans to yet. This is my daily driver as well. I am looking at the 3.5" ready lift SST or Mopar 2" lift. I like the level look of the RL kit...but I would assume the Mopar would ride better. With the Readylift kit, the plan would be to replace the front shock with Bilstein 5100's when they get released so I could run the Kit without the front preload spacers. I will be keeping the stock wheels, 20x9 0 offset but won't be able to upgrade the tires for a bit.....plus i got the Road Hazard/wheel protection package for free from the dealer for 5 years...wouldn't mind getting a little value out of that. When I do change the tires i'd want Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295-60r20. Not set on size yet....but don't want full 35's as I have 3.21 gearing.

I'm hoping you guys could give me some advice to help me make my decision. Thanks in advance for any insight!

skol

Reaction score

Do you have an additional lift on the front or is it just the Mopar lift? I have the Mopar lift but am looking at raising the front a bit more. Not sure if I went with an additional 1” if I would need to change out the UCA again.

Ram Laramie 5.7 4x4 Non-ORP 3.21
2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have an additional lift on the front or is it just the Mopar lift? I have the Mopar lift but am looking at raising the front a bit more. Not sure if I went with an additional 1” if I would need to change out the UCA again.

2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint

Can you show us pictures of your setup?

Also off topic how do you like the Backflip and how much was your ceramic tint?

skol

Reaction score
Can you show us pictures of your setup?

Also off topic how do you like the Backflip and how much was your ceramic tint?

5b146ebe2812406b33058fa1f40c501b.jpg

I like the Bakflip a lot. I got it off amazon. My son plays baseball and football. Much easier to leave all his gear in the bed and have it secured. The ceramic tint was $250. Living in El Paso I figured Id try it out due to the summer heat.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
5b146ebe2812406b33058fa1f40c501b.jpg

I like the Bakflip a lot. I got it off amazon. My son plays baseball and football. Much easier to leave all his gear in the bed and have it secured. The ceramic tint was $250. Living in El Paso I figured Id try it out due to the summer heat.

How is the Bakflip with keeping water out? I love the look but have read mixed reviews. My daughter is 6 with a wheelchair that I store in the bed sometimes and the factory soft roll up tonneau cover has performed well so far so I wouldn't want to swap it out for something that doesn't work as good.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2" Mopar lift will give my Rebel an actual 2" lift since it's lifted from factory?

skol

Reaction score
How is the Bakflip with keeping water out? I love the look but have read mixed reviews. My daughter is 6 with a wheelchair that I store in the bed sometimes and the factory soft roll up tonneau cover has performed well so far so I wouldn't want to swap it out for something that doesn't work as good.

I haven’t had too much rain here in since I bought the truck and cover in December. So I can’t really speak to that. I will say that going through the car wash I have had a little bit of water come through. Not enough to damage anything of mine, but that’s just sporting gear. Also I didn’t install the drain tube it came with because I lost it. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.

skol

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2" Mopar lift will give my Rebel an actual 2" lift since it's lifted from factory?

I heard different things from other people in this forum. Some say only 1” others say 2”.

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
I heard different things from other people in this forum. Some say only 1” others say 2”.

That's what im afraid of. Dont want to spend an extra 450+ for the mopar lift plus the additional install cost if its only going to jack it up an inch when i can just level it for $500

TML4Ever

Reaction score
I have a 3.5 ready lift with 35 BFG tires and 3.21 gears. There’s no issues, plenty of power and in fact you’ll get slightly better fuel economy on the highway due to the lower RPMs. Unless you’re hauling something very heavy all the time, go for the 3.5 and 35s. If you do change your tire size I’d recommend going with the pulsar so you can program the new tire size in there so that your speedo is accurate

LiveFree

Reaction score
Facing this same dilemma on lift. Daily driver with lots of highway miles, then weekends hitting forest roads and camping. Will be pulling travel trailers often as well. Nothing too serious off road.

From my Tacoma, I know the mopar should be better with the fox shocks upgrade vs spacers, but people also had to rebuild there shocks within 40-50k miles. Not sure if that’s the recommendation with the mopar setup.

blownout1500

Reaction score
First off, This is my first truck....so no experience in lifts. I am coming from a BMW X5. I am an Avid Mountain Biker so I go off road to get to trails which with my BMW....performed horribly. I won't be towing anything....at least no plans to yet. This is my daily driver as well. I am looking at the 3.5" ready lift SST or Mopar 2" lift. I like the level look of the RL kit...but I would assume the Mopar would ride better. With the Readylift kit, the plan would be to replace the front shock with Bilstein 5100's when they get released so I could run the Kit without the front preload spacers. I will be keeping the stock wheels, 20x9 0 offset but won't be able to upgrade the tires for a bit.....plus i got the Road Hazard/wheel protection package for free from the dealer for 5 years...wouldn't mind getting a little value out of that. When I do change the tires i'd want Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295-60r20. Not set on size yet....but don't want full 35's as I have 3.21 gearing.

I'm hoping you guys could give me some advice to help me make my decision. Thanks in advance for any insight!
If you’ve got the patience to hold off a few months, the icon kit will finally be available and make this a moot question.

Pre-release kit on @colin_scummy_morrison ‘s ‘19 Rebel. He’s since added 4” cst lift spindles (not sure how w/ 4wd?), but this pic shows the ivd system on its own:

viathanmk112

Reaction score
Can't wait for the ICON 2.5" lift for the 2019 Ram 1500. I have owned my 1500 since July of 2018 and have held off on the MOPAR lift to see what gets released. I want some reservoir shocks, but no one seems to have come up with any for the new '19 setup. I have read in other places that the older 4th gen lifts work with the new 5th gen, but the height is not the same. For example, the 6" lifts only lift it 4". I am not sure how they work with the new setup since the mounts seem to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread