5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help me decide.....Readylift 3.5" or Mopar 2" lift?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Only 14 months after I started this thread I went with the RL 3.5 kit w/ Bilsteins front and rear. IMG_1266.jpg IMG_1276.jpg IMG_1274.jpg IMG_1273.jpg

Last edited:

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
So, since you had ample time with the stock setup, how's the new setup with the 3.21's. Gas mileage?, getty up and go seat of the pants?
Stock driving "city" 9 miles each way to work I got 12.7mpg.......not trying to conserve..I also tend to drive w/ cruise control...habit I picked up from my BMW. Since I finished the lift I've gone on a few longer drives some mpg's are 14.3 now but that's skewed. If I had to guess, 2-3mpg less....Used to cruise on Hwy 21-24....seems like 18-21 now.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Stock driving "city" 9 miles each way to work I got 12.7mpg.......not trying to conserve..I also tend to drive w/ cruise control...habit I picked up from my BMW. Since I finished the lift I've gone on a few longer drives some mpg's are 14.3 now but that's skewed. If I had to guess, 2-3mpg less....Used to cruise on Hwy 21-24....seems like 18-21 now.

Which setting did you go with on the bilsteins? I have the same setup and went with setting #5 but I think I am going to drop it down to #4 because front sits just a touch high.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Which setting did you go with on the bilsteins? I have the same setup and went with setting #5 but I think I am going to drop it down to #4 because front sits just a touch high.
Did you ever post pics of ur truck? Would like to see a side #5....Most posted side angle shots so u can't really tell how level it is.....

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
Did you ever post pics of ur truck? Would like to see a side #5....Most posted side angle shots so u can't really tell how level it is.....
No i haven't taken a good side shot yet...it looks pretty level, maybe a hair high in the front. I wish i had gone setting #4 and i will be changing it soon, just have to find the time.

ssick92

Reaction score

How is the ride quality compared to stock?

Blackbeauty87

Reaction score
Just did the tough country 3.5” with the control arms. 35x12.5x20 cooper at3 lt. mounted on fuel hostage 20x10 -24 offset and absolutely love it. Sorry it’s dark when finished. I’ll get more pics
Got a link to those tires? I couldnt find AT3 LTs in for 20 inch wheels

jestes007

Reaction score
How is the Bakflip with keeping water out? I love the look but have read mixed reviews. My daughter is 6 with a wheelchair that I store in the bed sometimes and the factory soft roll up tonneau cover has performed well so far so I wouldn't want to swap it out for something that doesn't work as good.
I am on my second backflip. It is in no way water tight, Neither was the first one.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Have you had any issues with the lift? I am trying to decided this or 4" BDS. I am concerned that the CV joint angles, steering geometry would be compromised with this lift. That said is looks great and a good price.
Angles are fine, I've used 4WD, 12k miles on the lift. It's been perfect. The angles in the pics are just fine

Users who are viewing this thread