5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of your lowered Ram

Pappagray

Reaction score
Those wheels are awesome. Question though: I looked those wheels up and multiple sites say they "don't fit" our RAMs. Did you have any issues? Who did you buy them from? Do they poke at all or sit right at the fender well?
As a wheel and Tire professional, you CANNOT follow Year, Make, Model guides when looking for wheels. Search by bolt pattern, width, and Offset.

No they don't stick out, will get more pics shortly

Pappagray

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't keep the sheet(my own alignment sheet) I'll ask my buddy if he kept his from the service.

Stock UCA

Terrible_One

Reaction score
As a wheel and Tire professional, you CANNOT follow Year, Make, Model guides when looking for wheels. Search by bolt pattern, width, and Offset.

No they don't stick out, will get more pics shortly

Okay, that's cool to know. But I wonder why they say they don't fit? In fact, all your dimensions and were listed: 24x10, 6x139.7, +30 offset and they still said they didn't fit. I'm just now more curious as to why they say it, definitely not saying I don't trust what I see with my own eyes with them on your truck looking sexy.

1lowcab

Reaction score
Those are good looking rims, they were on my short list.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Who says they don’t fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both CARID.com and elementwheels.com. I have bought wheels from both of them before and they have done a good job of matching offsets/backspacing to the vehicle, so I typically trust them. So it must be as @Pappagray noted and more on a lack of information on their part for a potential liability they don't want.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question about offset. Ferraiolo1 runs 22 x 9.5 +20 and Pappagray runs 24 x 10 +30, and they both used the Maxtrac 2/4 kit. Is the difference in offset due to the difference in wheel width or wheel diameter, or both? I want to lower my truck, and get some aftermarket wheels as well, but I’m a bit baffled by offset. Pappagray does not have fender flares and Ferraiolo1 does, as do I. Is it better to have a different offset due to the fender flares sticking out a little bit? I just want it to look right. Not tucked too far in, which look weird to me, and not sticking out to sling crap all over the truck. It seems there is a fine line.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a question about offset. Ferraiolo1 runs 22 x 9.5 +20 and Pappagray runs 24 x 10 +30, and they both used the Maxtrac 2/4 kit. Is the difference in offset due to the difference in wheel width or wheel diameter, or both? I want to lower my truck, and get some aftermarket wheels as well, but I’m a bit baffled by offset. Pappagray does not have fender flares and Ferraiolo1 does, as do I. Is it better to have a different offset due to the fender flares sticking out a little bit? I just want it to look right. Not tucked too far in, which look weird to me, and not sticking out to sling crap all over the truck. It seems there is a fine line.

It’s due to the wheel manufacture and what offset they decide to make the wheel in. For street style wheels it’s pretty rare to find them in a negative offset. with my flares, I wish I could have found a 22in wheel I liked in a 0mm offset. But the only ones I liked were on a 6 month back order and I didn’t want to wait.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s due to the wheel manufacture and what offset they decide to make the wheel in. For street style wheels it’s pretty rare to find them in a negative offset. with my flares, I wish I could have found a 22in wheel I liked in a 0mm offset. But the only ones I liked were on a 6 month back order and I didn’t want to wait.

So, is 0 offset what the factory wheels are? Is the idea to stay as close to 0 as possible? Anyone know the stock wheel offset? 22” Laramie Night Edition.

Last edited:

Terrible_One

Reaction score
No, stock offset is ET19.1, so a +19.1 offset on a 9" wide wheel. If you use that offset calculator link above and use the example of a 10" wide wheel with a +30 offset, it only sticks out 2mm more than the stock wheels and actually provides 24mm more space on the backside toward the suspension, assuming both wheels have the same backspacing. Note that wheel diameter does not affect the offset.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is what a 0mm offset 22 looks like. And figures they are back in stock this week. I wanted the black machined spokes with a polished lip. Cosmis is the brand

Although they are Chinese and mine are made in America, I’m not too upset about not getting them.

b3914d774e0b397df0d54376b4d18412.jpg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking at the Niche Future M230, and they have a 22 X 9.5 +19. According to the offset calculator, if the factory 22” wheel is 9” wide with a +19.1 offset, the result would be:

CD409060-4A4A-417E-840D-CA76F21F7C50.jpeg 2F27B64F-B7C2-4C8C-BA2F-68248228A907.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread