5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't comment on them being irrelevant, but it doesn't set all of them to know.

This is my before
View attachment 175984

This is after
View attachment 175985
All of the settings in ECUConfig 18 are settings that are communicated to the telematics box. If there is no telematics box present, it really doesn’t matter what they are all set to, but they would normally all be set to “no” (for example, like they are in a 2021 that has UC4 with no telematics box).

Reaction score
2018 radio has cell card inside the radio, no separate telematics box

I have the instructions on removing the cell card from the radio, but after that I don’t know which wires to reconnect and which ones to leave disconnected?
47360176fc877320e0fe7433fa3fb20d.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the instructions on removing the cell card from the radio, but after that I don’t know which wires to reconnect and which ones to leave disconnected?
47360176fc877320e0fe7433fa3fb20d.jpg
If there is no cell card, it wouldn't matter what wires you put back.
A phone with no sim card can't make calls.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
With the telematics box removed location and altitude at the bottom of the off-road pages doesn’t work. Is there a way to remove the cell service from the box so that it can stay connected in the vehicle, minus the antennas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even before I removed the telematics box in my truck...and when I occasionally had the performance pages and the off road pages, the location and altitude values at the bottom of the page were not correct...after removing the telematics box the off road page location and altitude are still wrong. I have no problems with any GPS/Nav apps otherwise.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
but it doesn't set all of them to know.
When I say “they get set to no”, obviously I mean the user would make the changes with alfaobd, not that they “automatically” get set to no by the act of removing the TBM.

Reaction score
When I say “they get set to no”, obviously I mean the user would make the changes with alfaobd, not that they “automatically” get set to no by the act of removing the TBM.

I don’t know why my phone keeps not attacking pics to my posts. I’m not sure which ones I keep hooked up, and which ones I leave disconnected to keep am/fm, Sirius XM, and GPS?
529cf49f18d9c809fde1846495f0607e.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know why my phone keeps not attacking pics to my posts. I’m not sure which ones I keep hooked up, and which ones I leave disconnected to keep am/fm, Sirius XM, and GPS?
529cf49f18d9c809fde1846495f0607e.jpg
White is am/fm, mustard is SXM/GPS, red is backup camera. Magenta and pink are cellular. Disconnecting the antenna plugs on that radio will not stop OTA and connectivity.

Stoopalini

Reaction score
Great information in this thread, thanks to all who have done the heavy lifting!

I joined to see if you kind folks might be able to help solve an issue us Durango R/T Tow & Go owners seem to be facing.

For background, the Durango R/T Tow & Go (TnG for short) is essentially a Durango SRT 392, except it has the 5.7L Hemi instead of the 6.4L ... and the TnG retains the R/T's 3.09 diff gear ratio. Everything else is SRT though, including the AWD system, the electronic suspension, transfer case, brake setup, rear diff with eLSD, etc ... So it has all of the SRT component modules.

The TnG comes from the factory with perf pages and drive modes, but unlike the SRT, the TnG uses hard buttons for drive mode selection. The TnG does not get the uConnect's SRT dashboard drive mode screens nor the race options though. Thus, we don't have the custom drive mode. Or better stated, we have no way to access the custom drive mode.

Here is what the TnG's OEM center stack panel looks like with the Track, Sport, Tow and Snow drive mode buttons:

1707156846351.png

We've successfully enabled the uConnect Drive Mode screens as well as Race Options using AlfaOBD without any EVIC errors by simply setting "Vehicle is an SRT" to "Yes". I believe we don't get any errors because the TnG has all the SRT modules present and thus the ABS and FCW errors don't occur for us like they do on a standard Durango R/T.

Swapping in an SRT 392 or Hellcat center stack panel replaces the TnG drive mode hard buttons with an SRT and Launch button instead. With "Vehcile is an SRT" set to "Yes", the SRT button functions as expected and provides a shortcut to the uConnect drive modes screen. The Launch button doesn't function by default because "Launch" is disabled in the engine PCM. Something which HP Tuners could resolve.

Here's a pic of the Hellcat/SRT controls:

1707157213827.png

When doing this, everything works for a while but then (as you've also noticed in the RAMs) the dashboard tabs for Drive Modes and Race Options disappear and it reverts to only having perf pages; but ... and this may be different in the RAMS ... we can still access the drive modes and race options screens through widget shortcuts or by going to the Apps listing.

So reading this thread, I think a bypass of the Telematics box will likely stop the tabs from disappearing from the SRT Dashboard and I'm grateful for the efforts put in here to come to that solution :) I've ordered the antennae bypass cable from Amazon to give it a try, as I do want to keep SXM and GPS functional.

The issue we're now trying to resolve is an attempt to keep the OEM TnG panel in place and have the drive mode hard buttons function.

What's interesting is ... if we set "Vehicle is an SRT" to yes, then cycle the power ... we get the drive mode screens; but the TnG drive mode hard buttons then cease to function. But if we then go into Alfa and set "Vehicle is an SRT" back to "No", but do not do a reboot or start the engine ... then the drive mode hard buttons start working again along with still having the uConnect drive mode screens. Everything works together in this state.

This is perfect and what we'd like to keep ... but unfortunately, as soon as you start the engine or do a power cycle, the Drive Mode uConnect screens disappear since the BCM now has "Vehicle is an SRT" set back to "No".

My thought is the Android OS is most likely the culprit here but I've no experience with getting into the OS on these radios.

If I could set "Vehicle is an SRT" to Yes", but somehow keep the TnG hard mode buttons functional ... then great! Or ... if I can get everything working, then set "Vehicle is an SRT" back to "No", but somehow keep the Android OS from removing the Drive Mode and Race Options tabs from the dashboard, then that would seem to work as well.

1707158269161.png

So ... any ideas on how to approach this given all the advanced knowledge about the UC5 system in here? Is there a way to retain the tabs in the "Dashboard" even when "Vehicle is an SRT" is set back to "No"?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great information in this thread, thanks to all who have done the heavy lifting!

I joined to see if you kind folks might be able to help solve an issue us Durango R/T Tow & Go owners seem to be facing.

For background, the Durango R/T Tow & Go (TnG for short) is essentially a Durango SRT 392, except it has the 5.7L Hemi instead of the 6.4L ... and the TnG retains the R/T's 3.09 diff gear ratio. Everything else is SRT though, including the AWD system, the electronic suspension, transfer case, brake setup, rear diff with eLSD, etc ... So it has all of the SRT component modules.

The TnG comes from the factory with perf pages and drive modes, but unlike the SRT, the TnG uses hard buttons for drive mode selection. The TnG does not get the uConnect's SRT dashboard drive mode screens nor the race options though. Thus, we don't have the custom drive mode. Or better stated, we have no way to access the custom drive mode.

Here is what the TnG's OEM center stack panel looks like with the Track, Sport, Tow and Snow drive mode buttons:

View attachment 176161

We've successfully enabled the uConnect Drive Mode screens as well as Race Options using AlfaOBD without any EVIC errors by simply setting "Vehicle is an SRT" to "Yes". I believe we don't get any errors because the TnG has all the SRT modules present and thus the ABS and FCW errors don't occur for us like they do on a standard Durango R/T.

Swapping in an SRT 392 or Hellcat center stack panel replaces the TnG drive mode hard buttons with an SRT and Launch button instead. With "Vehcile is an SRT" set to "Yes", the SRT button functions as expected and provides a shortcut to the uConnect drive modes screen. The Launch button doesn't function by default because "Launch" is disabled in the engine PCM. Something which HP Tuners could resolve.

Here's a pic of the Hellcat/SRT controls:

View attachment 176163

When doing this, everything works for a while but then (as you've also noticed in the RAMs) the dashboard tabs for Drive Modes and Race Options disappear and it reverts to only having perf pages; but ... and this may be different in the RAMS ... we can still access the drive modes and race options screens through widget shortcuts or by going to the Apps listing.

So reading this thread, I think a bypass of the Telematics box will likely stop the tabs from disappearing from the SRT Dashboard and I'm grateful for the efforts put in here to come to that solution :) I've ordered the antennae bypass cable from Amazon to give it a try, as I do want to keep SXM and GPS functional.

The issue we're now trying to resolve is an attempt to keep the OEM TnG panel in place and have the drive mode hard buttons function.

What's interesting is ... if we set "Vehicle is an SRT" to yes, then cycle the power ... we get the drive mode screens; but the TnG drive mode hard buttons then cease to function. But if we then go into Alfa and set "Vehicle is an SRT" back to "No", but do not do a reboot or start the engine ... then the drive mode hard buttons start working again along with still having the uConnect drive mode screens. Everything works together in this state.

This is perfect and what we'd like to keep ... but unfortunately, as soon as you start the engine or do a power cycle, the Drive Mode uConnect screens disappear since the BCM now has "Vehicle is an SRT" set back to "No".

My thought is the Android OS is most likely the culprit here but I've no experience with getting into the OS on these radios.

If I could set "Vehicle is an SRT" to Yes", but somehow keep the TnG hard mode buttons functional ... then great! Or ... if I can get everything working, then set "Vehicle is an SRT" back to "No", but somehow keep the Android OS from removing the Drive Mode and Race Options tabs from the dashboard, then that would seem to work as well.

View attachment 176164

So ... any ideas on how to approach this given all the advanced knowledge about the UC5 system in here? Is there a way to retain the tabs in the "Dashboard" even when "Vehicle is an SRT" is set back to "No"?
Vehicle is an srt is a vehicle configuration setting, so all of the modules on the vehicle have to be “in agreement” with the settings. That’s why the TnG controls won’t function when they are being told that the vehicle is an srt, because that center stack module is specifically looking for the message for vehicle is not an srt.
The only way you’ll be able to use the TnG hard controls while having vehicle is an srt set to yes is to put a canbus shield in between the IHS bus and the integrated center stack, and have the vehicle is not an srt message spoofed directly to the integrated center stack.

Stoopalini

Reaction score
Vehicle is an srt is a vehicle configuration setting, so all of the modules on the vehicle have to be “in agreement” with the settings. That’s why the TnG controls won’t function when they are being told that the vehicle is an srt, because that center stack module is specifically looking for the message for vehicle is not an srt.
The only way you’ll be able to use the TnG hard controls while having vehicle is an srt set to yes is to put a canbus shield in between the IHS bus and the integrated center stack, and have the vehicle is not an srt message spoofed directly to the integrated center stack.
Interesting ... My thought was the CANBUS messages being sent by the TnG drive mode buttons were being ignored by either the BCM or UC5, or some other component in the chain. I didn't think to consider a CANBUS message was being sent to the control panel which was disabling them or preventing them from sending out a message when actuated.

I may need to invest in a snooping solution to be able to see what's being sent in various conditions. Thanks for the input.

I'm experienced in building things like Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32, etc ... I assume I can construct a canbus shield from something like this. Or ... is there a packaged product already available to do something like this?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting ... My thought was the CANBUS messages being sent by the TnG drive mode buttons were being ignored by either the BCM or UC5, or some other component in the chain. I didn't think to consider a CANBUS message was being sent to the control panel which was disabling them or preventing them from sending out a message when actuated.

I may need to invest in a snooping solution to be able to see what's being sent in various conditions. Thanks for the input.

I'm experienced in building things like Arduino, ESP8266, ESP32, etc ... I assume I can construct a canbus shield from something like this. Or ... is there a packaged product already available to do something like this?
Yeah, the way I’m seeing it is, the state of that setting alone is what causes the hard buttons to function, or not, from the way you’re describing it. So, I would think if you can set that setting to yes with alfaobd, but tell only the integrated center stack that setting is set to no, everything should work together.

This is what I use to spoof CustSetMenu 3 settings to the radio so I can get factory turn signal cameras and front park assist activated camera working:
I’m not too savvy on implementing the code (I have someone that helps me with that), but if you send me your current backup file with vehicle is an srt set to no, I can tell you what message ID, byte, and bits need to be spoofed to the ICS so it sees that setting as no.

Stoopalini

Reaction score
Yeah, the way I’m seeing it is, the state of that setting alone is what causes the hard buttons to function, or not, from the way you’re describing it. So, I would think if you can set that setting to yes with alfaobd, but tell only the integrated center stack that setting is set to no, everything should work together.

This is what I use to spoof CustSetMenu 3 settings to the radio so I can get factory turn signal cameras and front park assist activated camera working:
I’m not too savvy on implementing the code (I have someone that helps me with that), but if you send me your current backup file with vehicle is an srt set to no, I can tell you what message ID, byte, and bits need to be spoofed to the ICS so it sees that setting as no.

That would be great, thanks! I can't seem to attach a TXT file, so I shared it from my DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8d8c...-BIN.txt?rlkey=l17poiiu9nczpl295qyvnbx33&dl=1

That's a backup file from a 2021 Durango R/T TnG with "Vehicle is an SRT" set to "No". Let me know if the link doesn't work for some reason.

Thinking through this, I assume a dual CAN bus capable micrprocessor would be required hence the Arduino based ECU Dev board you linked. Thanks again.

The connector is 8 pins but only 5 are populated:

1707168717904.png

So intercepting the IHS(-) and IHS(+) lines with two interfaces would be something like the following:

1707168690574.png

I won't muddy up this thread with details specific to implementation for this Durango challenge, but I do appreciate your help and input ... thanks! Knowing what to look for in identifying "Vehicle is an SRT" vs "Vehicle is not an SRT" will be extremely helpful.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That would be great, thanks! I can't seem to attach a TXT file, so I shared it from my DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8d8c...-BIN.txt?rlkey=l17poiiu9nczpl295qyvnbx33&dl=1

That's a backup file from a 2021 Durango R/T TnG with "Vehicle is an SRT" set to "No". Let me know if the link doesn't work for some reason.

Thinking through this, I assume a dual CAN bus capable micrprocessor would be required hence the Arduino based ECU Dev board you linked. Thanks again.

The connector is 8 pins but only 5 are populated:

View attachment 176181

So intercepting the IHS(-) and IHS(+) lines with two interfaces would be something like the following:

View attachment 176180

I won't muddy up this thread with details specific to implementation for this Durango challenge, but I do appreciate your help and input ... thanks! Knowing what to look for in identifying "Vehicle is an SRT" vs "Vehicle is not an SRT" will be extremely helpful.
That’s not quite how it gets hooked up, I’ll send you a PM.

akostaac

Reaction score
I got my performance and off road pages in my evic and the 12” screen thanks to Jimmy. I know they will probably take them down but in my case I upgraded my 2022 Uconnect 5 non nav to the 12” so I’m not sure if they even can see what I got since the truck did not come with it. It’s been 3 days and they still there. Very valuable info on performance pages for sure. I also upgraded my Uc5 via usb to 25.47 before making my changes(adding pages) with Alfaobd. The weird part about is I still have connected services for safety but I’m not paying a subscription. I will update if anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 28

akostaac

Reaction score
Well, Ram did strike my pages out on the 4th day 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ I decided to call Ram connect services and cancel all my trials for privacy reasons. They canceled my account and told me no communication will go back and forth from my truck since they don’t have permission. I will update you guys if my pages still working after at least a week otherwise I’ll take the TBM out.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, Ram did strike my pages out on the 4th day 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ I decided to call Ram connect services and cancel all my trials for privacy reasons. They canceled my account and told me no communication will go back and forth from my truck since they don’t have permission. I will update you guys if my pages still working after at least a week otherwise I’ll take the TMB out.
TBM, not TMB.
And they will still pull info from your truck even without your permission. there is no opt out.

akostaac

Reaction score
TBM, not TMB.
And they will still pull info from your truck even without your permission. there is no opt out.
Fixed the typo and I will update you guys if it happens. Don’t really want to remove all that crap if I don’t have to. Time will tell and normally I will find out quickly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sigfla

Reaction score
I am curious how his works with adding a trailer brake controller. You can enable its function via alpha or JScan but you must factory reboot the radio to get the trailer tow app and gauges widget. Ram will then remove them via the telematics box eventually. If you add the sales code to your vin at the dealer will that avoid the issue of losing the app and widget? I programmed my truck for cargo lights and didn’t add them to my sales code vin but they still work. Certain features must be tied into telematics while others aren’t. Personally I hate buying a car monitored by big brother. I didn’t agree to it to this extent and frankly my next truck may just be an older classic without all this garbage. I can aftermarket add pretty much anything and it be more reliable than this!!

Users who are viewing this thread