5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey! Trying to do the same on my longhorn 2022, how is this went for you ?ù Any advice, tips would be appreciated.
I have a very basic knowledge in this matter but I'm familiar with following n reading blueprints etc
Removing the TBM box\connected services so you can keep the performance pages?

Only part you need to buy is Amazon.com
There are some manual I can re-link but basically you take the radio out which is 2 screws up top and pull, then in front of the passenger seat you have 2 trim pieces lower then upper glovebox (not completely in that order) to remove.
It's all screws except for the small triangle shaped trim piece.

I can list the 2-3 documents I referred to but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Only pain is getting the screws removed from the TBM box itself, I ended up putting a small bit into a thin ratchet and scratching the hell out of my hands.
Also 2 screws that go up from under the glovebox that secures the top is kind of awkard.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
It just dawned on my why several people were getting error(s)/alarm(s) when they did the SRT AlfOBD command...I did not get the error/alarm because my truck is a rear wheel drive...not a 4x4. The SRT is a rear wheel drive vehicle only. Five months since removing the telematics module and I still have all of the frowned upon apps.

Reaction score
Removing the TBM box\connected services so you can keep the performance pages?

Only part you need to buy is Amazon.com
There are some manual I can re-link but basically you take the radio out which is 2 screws up top and pull, then in front of the passenger seat you have 2 trim pieces lower then upper glovebox (not completely in that order) to remove.
It's all screws except for the small triangle shaped trim piece.

I can list the 2-3 documents I referred to but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Only pain is getting the screws removed from the TBM box itself, I ended up putting a small bit into a thin ratchet and scratching the hell out of my hands.
Also 2 screws that go up from under the glovebox that secures the top is kind of awkard.
Do you know if there’s a way to stop connected services and keep Sirius XM?

Reaction score
That Amazon cable you posted, is that needed? Or can I simply unplug the box? I’ve read around on all the forums and honestly I don’t know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That Amazon cable you posted, is that needed? Or can I simply unplug the box? I’ve read around on all the forums and honestly I don’t know what to do.

That’s what the Amazon cable is for- so you can still have Sirius XM and gps for factory maps and compass.

Reaction score
That’s what the Amazon cable is for- so you can still have Sirius XM and gps for factory maps and compass.

But does it make it so Ram can’t communicate with the truck to disable performance pages and other apps?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But does it make it so Ram can’t communicate with the truck to disable performance pages and other apps?

That’s the entire purpose of this whole thread- removing the telematics box (which is the communication item), and reconnecting the radio module to the Sirius XM antenna that was previously routed through the telematics box.
Sirius XM doesn’t have anything to do with performance pages or communication with Ram.
So, you remove the box, use the Amazon cable to reconnect the antenna directly to the radio, and you get performance pages while keeping Sirius XM.

Reaction score
87072a6afb73c3c1fb62ea88b5cbe5ed.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
87072a6afb73c3c1fb62ea88b5cbe5ed.jpg

Pink and magenta are cell/LTE antennas. Blue is SDARS antenna (SXM/GPS). Brown links the telematics box to the radio. Plug the brown into blue via Amazon cable, stuff all other cables out of the way, use alfaobd to disable all ecuconfig 18 settings, and you’re all set.

Reaction score
This is just above the lower glovebox in my 22 TRX, is this something people are disconnecting also? Online it says it’s a wifi antenna.
2966329ffed5d1dd489c0eadd7750941.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is just above the lower glovebox in my 22 TRX, is this something people are disconnecting also? Online it says it’s a wifi antenna.
2966329ffed5d1dd489c0eadd7750941.jpg

No. leave that plugged in.

Reaction score
With the telematics box removed location and altitude at the bottom of the off-road pages doesn’t work. Is there a way to remove the cell service from the box so that it can stay connected in the vehicle, minus the antennas?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
With the telematics box removed location and altitude at the bottom of the off-road pages doesn’t work. Is there a way to remove the cell service from the box so that it can stay connected in the vehicle, minus the antennas?

Works fine for me. Does your GPS not work?

Reaction score
Works fine for me. Does your GPS not work?

It’s probably my fault
I turned off everything (including connected services present, ignore the setting in this pic) under ECU Config 18:
Are there any other settings other than GPS that I should turn back on?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s probably my fault
I turned off everything (including connected services present, ignore the setting in this pic) under ECU Config 18:
Are there any other settings other than GPS that I should turn back on?
I don't see a pic, what truck is this in?
You were saying you have a 2018 Radio, so classic? Or the 2022 TRX?

Does your normal GPS work for navigation?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Strange, the pic didn’t upload for some reason, hopefully it comes through now. GPS does not work at all in either the Nav or the off road page. Again, I think I need to turn GPS back on, just wondering if I need to turn any others on? This is in my 22 TRX
91a47f9375f8cd724cac8e372a878621.jpg
I mean if you are just removing the TBM box you don't "need" to change anything in Alfaobd.
Turning off the TBM second gen is fine.

GPS Present should be yes not no, that could be it.

You connected the GPS directly into your radio right? With the female cable?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Strange, the pic didn’t upload for some reason, hopefully it comes through now. GPS does not work at all in either the Nav or the off road page. Again, I think I need to turn GPS back on, just wondering if I need to turn any others on? This is in my 22 TRX
91a47f9375f8cd724cac8e372a878621.jpg
Did you connect the brown and blue connectors from the telematics box together.
Once the telematics box is removed from the vehicle, all of the ECUConfig 18 settings get set to no, and become irrelevant.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you connect the brown and blue connectors from the telematics box together.
Once the telematics box is removed from the vehicle, all of the ECUConfig 18 settings get set to no, and become irrelevant.
I can't comment on them being irrelevant, but it doesn't set all of them to no.

This is my before
1706985102637.png

This is after
1706985123396.png

Users who are viewing this thread