5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP Springs + Leveling Kit on 2019 Ram 1500

puba08

Reaction score
I saw that one, I meant to say a side shot of your truck with the 275/65 in front of your stock setup, Im trying to gauge how much more it fills up your wheel well

Here you go
b1f0ac01ad6303909098ed019e4551d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CJR28

Reaction score
Here you go
b1f0ac01ad6303909098ed019e4551d0.jpg

Thanks, the 275/65s certainly fill up the wheel well much better than the stock 55s and they dont look too obnoxious

Disposer

Reaction score
Finally completed!!
Truck looks badass! How does it ride compared to stock?

I'm doing pretty much the same setup minus the wheels. Keeping Laramie stock 20"s with 295/60 Wildpeak AT's

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Disposer

Reaction score
I recently did a similar lift to my truck as what you are planning.

I used the Mopar UCAs, Mopar ORP springs, Motofab 2.0 inch front leveling kit, Rough Country extended rear shocks and the Motofab 2.0 inch rear lift kit.

This setup left me with exactly 1 inch of rake, which is what I wanted so that when I tow and have stuff in the bed it levels out.

I was going to make a separate thread on my experience with this lift but since yours is so similar I figured it’s better to comment here. I ended up gaining 1.5” in the front from the Mopar ORP springs (assuming because I am 2wd and have less weight in the front). This is why I paired my truck with the 2” motofab spacer instead of the 2.5”.

Stock heights (hub to fender)
Front: 21.5”
Rear: 24”

Lifted heights (hub to fender)
Front: 25”
Rear: 26”

I drove the truck around for one week with the lift and stock tires on it. I can say that to me the truck rode equally as good as it did before the lift. Pre lift I felt like my truck was pretty floaty, sometimes annoyingly so. Now the truck rides more firm but not in a bad way. I feel big bumps much less than I did before and the truck recovers faster than it did before. I also feel like the truck is better planted in turns with less sway and less nose dive on braking. Overall both me and my wife think the change in ride is negligible, neither better nor worse.

Feel free to ask any questions. I did do the full install myself in my garage/driveway and I think most people with a little how to and a lot of patience can do it.
Hey Scott which spacer did you use for the rear? I only seem to find the 2" for the 4th gens.

Also how do the Rough Country shocks ride? Mind sharing the part # you used?

Thank you

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Hey Scott which spacer did you use for the rear? I only seem to find the 2" for the 4th gens.

Also how do the Rough Country shocks ride? Mind sharing the part # you used?

Thank you

I used the Motofab Lifts DR-2.0R for my rear lift and Rough Country’s N3 shock for the rear, part number 23161_J.

I personally like the way my truck rides. When I had the lift and was still on stock wheels and tires I felt like it had a good ride. It was more firm than stock, but I liked it because it would recover a lot faster after hitting bumps. Instead of having that floaty feeling going down the road it felt planted.

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
Truck looks badass! How does it ride compared to stock?

I'm doing pretty much the same setup minus the wheels. Keeping Laramie stock 20"s with 295/60 Wildpeak AT's

Honestly,

The ride is damn near identical,

The only difference in ride i attest to the Nitto Ridgegrapplers, being as they are more aggressive than the OEMs. im very happy with how it turned out,

merdon1332000

Reaction score
I have not, I would have if I wanted to have 1” of lift in the rear. I knew that I wanted to keep some rake so I decided to just do a 2.0” spacer.

I think the ORP rear springs would be a good option though if the 1” lift is what you are wanting.
Does anyone have the part numbers for the rear ORP springs?

SSinOHIO

Reaction score
Don't know if this helps or not, but I have ORP springs as factory equipment, and I added 1.5" leveling spacers in the front only. With stock tires on the truck, my measurement is exactly 39" from ground to lip of fender in front and rear now. Perfectly level.

So, if you do a 2.5" leveling spacer in the front, you will want to do 1" spacer in the rear also. Otherwise you'll end up with the "stink bug" look with the nose higher than the tail, which affects a lot of aspects of the truck.

How has it been so far with just the 1.5 inch spacers up front?
Any pics? My Laramie with ORP measures exactly 2 inches higher in the back as stock. So would 1.5 be enough? I figure a half inch is fine. Thanks

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How has it been so far with just the 1.5 inch spacers up front?
Any pics? My Laramie with ORP measures exactly 2 inches higher in the back as stock. So would 1.5 be enough? I figure a half inch is fine. Thanks

It's been fantastic. I prefer it over the 2.5" kits which drastically alter geometry. There's some views in my videos:

Grouper

Reaction score

(2) Rough Country Lifted Upper Control Arms Part ~ 31402

Thanks to member scott church for providing the mopar 2" lift upper control arms.

So in the end, you used the Mopar UCA's and not the Rough Country UCA's listed in your first post?

Also, any thoughts on what the end result would have been had you installed ORG springs in the rear instead of installing the rear spacer?

Last edited:

GraniteRamTowRig

Reaction score
So in the end, you used the Mopar UCA's and not the Rough Country UCA's listed in your first post?

Also, any thoughts on what the end result would have been had you installed ORG springs in the rear instead of installing the rear spacer?
Yep.

I used the mopar 2" Lift UCAs.

I would assume the results in lift would be the same.

being as most people net .75" to 1.25"

I do have squat now when i tow being as its level all the way around.

I'll be getting around to installing my airlift 1000HD bags to prevent that.

puba08

Reaction score
Just to confirm the 1” lift for the ORP is gained by the springs, not the shocks with a taller perch notch correct? Hence setting Bilsteins to 2”/5th notch roughly to get the 3” of lift.

ff13375

Reaction score
Just to confirm the 1” lift for the ORP is gained by the springs, not the shocks with a taller perch notch correct? Hence setting Bilsteins to 2”/5th notch roughly to get the 3” of lift.

My truck was a non OPR V6. I added OPR front springs and bilstein setting 5. I got around 3 1/4 lift.

Disposer

Reaction score
Got mine done over the weekend. Setup info is below:

Front -
ORP Springs (Thanks Scott Church)
Motofab 2" spacer
Mopar control arms

Rear -
2" Motofab spacer
Rough Country shocks

Wheels & Tires -
OEM 20" wheels
295/60/20 - Falken WildPeak AT3W

Overall the ride did not change too much. The biggest difference for me is the wheel and tire setup. I went from LT275/70/18 to the 20's. I can feel the added weight.

8a32cfa8546a69db6c8fa96cf28a07ec.jpg
b6a3c8698c3381d9531cff6e795b489b.jpg
4520251275ef0266471671aceb36193d.jpg
74a7975117d897f50595ca20eb342657.jpg
10d897e939c3c9e1a2525c6647636f4e.jpg
63574992ff7277544d25f69c48fb6128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread